• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm gonna start with the typings I know and then add more on my rewatch on Netflix

Aang: ENFP, most people agree on this. Aang is one of the most non-debated ENFPs of all time.

Katara: ESFJ, stereotypical ESFJ. Katara is not intuitive! She's an excellent sensor character and ESFJ.

Sokka: ENTP, this guy is an Ne dom and Ti user

Toph: ISTP, this is very obvious in my opinion but I can see if someone gets confused at times. But she's definitely an introvert and Ti and Se user.

Azula: ENTJ, makes the most sense for her. Stereotypical commander ENTJ girl

Ty Lee: ESFP, again stereotypical one

Mai: INTP, I'm gonna stick with my old typing of her until proven otherwise, I still see this typing today

Zuko: ISFP, this opinion changed overtime, used to think ISTJ in the past. People online convinced me on this and I definitely see the Fi dom now, kinda surprising he's not a Si user though.

Iroh: INFP, I guess this would be right for him? Thought ISFP at one point but people convinced me I think.

This post makes sense for him with the patterns and meaning he talks about with his dialogue and poems:
Fictional Character MBTI — Uncle Iroh: INFP [Avatar: The Last Airbender]

Sokka has the stereotypical personality traits of an ENTP, but I don't see it. I could see either ENTJ or ESTJ, but he's a dom Te user; his natural way of looking at the word is organizing it in a rational, logical manner. The best example of this is

Toph's Se and Ti are equally strong, so I'm not opposed to seeing her as ISTP. Anything that makes you think Ti/Fe for Mai, as opposed to Fe/Ti?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now I haven't seen the show for a while, but wasn't Azula's main drive wanting approval from her family? Naturally as a Te dominant, she would want to control her environment because that's what Je does. But it seemed all of her drive came from desire for approval. I also don't buy that her being calculated all comes down to being sx-blind, I mean I'm an sx core and I lack any sort of impulsiveness whatsoever (albeit, I also have inferior Se whereas Azula's is tertiary). I think 8 traits in Azula actually come down to her expressing that tertiary Se to be honest. I don't think picking up social cues is enneagram related - I'd pin that more on a strong Je function and being extraverted.

Good points, tbh; I'd have to mull it over a bit. While I can see her being a core 3 as opposed to an 8, I don't think awareness of social cues is completely separate from the Enneagram. But, that's a separate point.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sokka has the stereotypical personality traits of an ENTP, but I don't see it. I could see either ENTJ or ESTJ, but he's a dom Te user; his natural way of looking at the word is organizing it in a rational, logical manner. The best example of this is

Toph's Se and Ti are equally strong, so I'm not opposed to seeing her as ISTP. Anything that makes you think Ti/Fe for Mai, as opposed to Fe/Ti?

With Sokka I can see the confusion so he's fun to discuss, but I feel if he was ENTJ he'd be a completely different character. He acts just like Usopp from One Piece another ENTP and I just saw Sokka have another Ne moment in the series. I'll wrote up some more on him to prove on my rewatch I'm doing on Netflix to prove his inferior Si, which will prove once and for all what type he is, Si inferior or Fi inferior. Mai definitely is not a high Fe in my opinion, she struggles to express her emotions or even care for others easily and read them, but they can still do it and immaturely react to when people express their emotions and expresses them themselves immaturely and outbursts themselves too, exactly like Toph's behavior for inferior Fe and I see the same from I remember for Mai. But again I'm rewatching so I'll more final thoughts later on when I get there.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
With Sokka I can see the confusion so he's fun to discuss, but I feel if he was ENTJ he'd be a completely different character. He acts just like Usopp from One Piece another ENTP and I just saw Sokka have another Ne moment in the series. I'll wrote up some more on him to prove on my rewatch I'm doing on Netflix to prove his inferior Si, which will prove once and for all what type he is, Si inferior or Fi inferior. Mai definitely is not a high Fe in my opinion, she struggles to express her emotions or even care for others easily and read them, but they can still do it and immaturely react to when people express their emotions and expresses them themselves immaturely and outbursts themselves too, exactly like Toph's behavior for inferior Fe and I see the same from I remember for Mai. But again I'm rewatching so I'll more final thoughts later on when I get there.

I also never saw Sokka as an ENTJ, with ENTJ characters they are often also relatable to me due to having the same functions in a slightly different order (or the same order according to some people, it's a rather common typing for me from other people but that's for another topic) and I can relate to Azula a lot more than I can Sokka. I frequently found myself rolling my eyes at Sokka's decisions while watching - something I rarely do with ENTJ characters like Azula. He does seem to have an ExxP level of recklessness that ENTJs often don't have. Sure ENTJs while looping can steamroll, but there's often a calculated edge to it whether they are protagonists or antagonists and I don't get that calculated edge from Sokka.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I also never saw Sokka as an ENTJ, with ENTJ characters they are often also relatable to me due to having the same functions in a slightly different order (or the same order according to some people, it's a rather common typing for me from other people but that's for another topic) and I can relate to Azula a lot more than I can Sokka. I frequently found myself rolling my eyes at Sokka's decisions while watching - something I rarely do with ENTJ characters like Azula. He does seem to have an ExxP level of recklessness that ENTJs often don't have. Sure ENTJs while looping can steamroll, but there's often a calculated edge to it whether they are protagonists or antagonists and I don't get that calculated edge from Sokka.

Yeah I think people stereotype functions and types too much, like "He made a plan!" Te! He's on focused on the task Te! No it could be Fe, Fe is just as focused and get tasks done, Te is just more task oriented, cold, and focused on things logically and cares about efficiency and handling things directly and moving onto the next thing, similar to Se but much more logical and organized. Sokka reads people's emotions and cares a lot about society values and gender norms, this is all Fe in Sokka, people forget this. Sokka start off the series saying, just like a girl to screw things up, this is Fe but in a negative light of him thinking girls are worse than boys and always screw things up. He does this consistently when he meets the Kuoshi warrior girls and walks in and starts bragging on how he can beat them as a boy and male and that they were lucky as girls to beat him before.

Sokka is not an Fi user and shows way more Fe more often and people fail to see this and he sweet talks out of situations and reads peoples emotions very well when he can. And he thinks like a Ti user and finds solutions to things and has quick thinking and notices logical inconsistencies, I think people forget Ti users fix problem very easily and it can on the surface look like Te to them. You just reminded me that Sokka is a clear Fe user, thanks for that. I'll use this for future arguements.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah I think people stereotype functions and types too much, like "He made a plan!" Te! He's on focused on the task Te! No it could be Fe, Fe is just as focused and get tasks done, Te is just more task oriented, cold, and focused on things logically and cares about efficiency and handling things directly and moving onto the next thing, similar to Se but much more logical and organized. Sokka reads people's emotions and cares a lot about society values and gender norms, this is all Fe in Sokka, people forget this. Sokka start off the series saying, just like a girl to screw things up, this is Fe but in a negative light of him thinking girls are worse than boys and always screw things up. He does this consistently when he meets the Kuoshi warrior girls and walks in and starts bragging on how he can beat them as a boy and male and that they were lucky as girls to beat him before.

Sokka is not an Fi user and shows way more Fe more often and people fail to see this and he sweet talks out of situations and reads peoples emotions very well when he can. And he thinks like a Ti user and finds solutions to things and has quick thinking and notices logical inconsistencies, I think people forget Ti users fix problem very easily and it can on the surface look like Te to them. You just reminded me that Sokka is a clear Fe user, thanks for that. I'll use this for future arguements.

All very true, I also think people get the idea that ENTJs are more impulsive than they actually are. Idk if it's as common any more but there was a time when people seemed to forget the fact that ENTJs have auxillary Ni and were like "ENTJs are impulsive and reckless" when really those ENTJs are probably just very assertive ESFPs. Also, regardless of whether he is Fe or Te or whatever, he definitely seems to value Si/Ne in my opinion. That traditionalism mixed in with what I saw as lack of focus but my memory might be wrong on that. Wasn't there an episode where they went to the water tribe or something and he was more focused on a girl he liked there? I may have remember the episode wrong, but if I'm right on that - that certainly isn't TeNi of him at all.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All very true, I also think people get the idea that ENTJs are more impulsive than they actually are. Idk if it's as common any more but there was a time when people seemed to forget the fact that ENTJs have auxillary Ni and were like "ENTJs are impulsive and reckless" when really those ENTJs are probably just very assertive ESFPs. Also, regardless of whether he is Fe or Te or whatever, he definitely seems to value Si/Ne in my opinion. That traditionalism mixed in with what I saw as lack of focus but my memory might be wrong on that. Wasn't there an episode where they went to the water tribe or something and he was more focused on a girl he liked there? I may have remember the episode wrong, but if I'm right on that - that certainly isn't TeNi of him at all.

Sokka's inferior Si only reinforces the Fe society gender norm stereotypes he reinforces and represents, this sounds like I'm roasting him but I love Sokka by the way despite his sexism at times which is still wrong from him to do but he learns from it. And I can see why people say that since ENTJs have Se ter, but I never knew people thought they were super impulsive or anything. I know that ENTJs do use their impulses Se and react like Boa Hancock did when she kicked Smoker and her Se reaction in One Piece Stampede with her epic attack. Sanji did it too when he kicked Kinemon when he found out he was alive and screamed why are you alive lol and kicked him out of impulse and said I don't know why I kicked him to Brook, it was spur of the moment.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sokka's inferior Si only reinforces the Fe society gender norm stereotypes he reinforces and represents, this sounds like I'm roasting him but I love Sokka by the way despite his sexism at times which is still wrong from him to do but he learns from it. And I can see why people say that since ENTJs have Se ter, but I never knew people thought they were super impulsive or anything. I know that ENTJs do use their impulses Se and react like Boa Hancock did when she kicked Smoker and her Se reaction in One Piece Stampeded with her epic attack. Sanji did it too when he kicked Kinemon when he found out he was alive and screamed why are you alive lol and kicked him out of impulse and said I don't know why I kicked him to Brook, it was spur of the moment.

Yeah I mean, back when I typed as ENTJ I had a few people be like "you're not impulsive so you're not an ENTJ" or "you're too calculated to be an ENTJ" it was so strange. I am not familiar with the characters you have listed so I cannot comment there, but from ENTJ characters I know when they act "impulsively" it's not true impulsivity like you get with Se doms, it's more calculated and thinking in the moment to benefit their Te-Ni plan. They don't display the lack of Ni that ESxPs do. Also, aggression should not be confused with impulsivity. Si/Ne as an axis can also be rather impulsive, a lot of unhealthy ESxJs exhibit a disregard for the consequences of their actions due to Ni PoLR. ENxPs are Ni ignoring (5th slot) so they can also be like that, ignoring the consequences.

blackSail

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think i've typed the characters in atla before so i'll give it a go now:

Aang: ENFP 9w1 7w6 3w2 so/sx. I know there's been a bit of a debate between 9 and 7 as a core. The thing is, while it's true that 7s are prone to avoiding their problems, they don't avoid conflict as much as aang does. I think 9 with a pretty strong 1 wing and 7 fix works better

Katara: ESFJ 2w1 1w2 7w6 sp/so

Sokka: ESTJ 6w7 3w2 ? (idk about his gut fix) so/sp. I agree with Burner here in that he's definitely a Te-dom. I think I see Si/Ne over Ni/Se though. Playful tert-Ne might be where the ENTP confusion is coming from

Toph: ISTP 378 tritype but i'm not sure about her core. Either 8 or 7

Zuko: ISFP 1w2 4w3 6w5. I can see any of his fixes as his core tbh. Zuko's shame fixation could be caused by 1 or 6 disintegrating into heart types or, u know, just him being a core 4. Either way, until i decide on his type i can't figure out his instinctual variants. I will say though that if he's a 1w2, he's definitely sx-first. He wouldn't be as expressive with his anger otherwise

Iroh: INFJ 9w1 2w1 ?( idk about his head type)

Azula: ENTJ 3w4 or 8w7. Whichever one she is, the other one is a strong fix. I've seen good arguments for both tbh. 368 tritype so/?

Mai: ISTP 9w8

Ty Lee: ESFP 279 tritype

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just made a Sokka ENTP post a few days ago:

Sokka [ENTP] - Avatar: The Last Airbender MBTI, How he uses Ne and Ti over Te and Ni

Someone also said on PerC probably a good reason Sokka is so efficient for a ENTP is because he wants to be like his dad and be a good leader that he said he'd do from watching him in the past which hints also at his Si holding onto the past a lot. Here's the conversation if you wanna see it, JR brought up some great responses in general in the post there:

Sokka (ENTP) - Avatar: The Last Airbender MBTI Types, How he uses Ne and Ti over Te and Ni | Personality Cafe

To post my opinions again:

Aang: ENFP

Katara: ESFJ archetype

Toph: ISTP

Zuko: ISFP

Azula: ENTJ

Ty Lee: ESFP

Iroh: INFP

Mei: ISTJ

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just made a Sokka ENTP post a few days ago:

Sokka [ENTP] - Avatar: The Last Airbender MBTI, How he uses Ne and Ti over Te and Ni

Someone also said on PerC probably a good reason Sokka is so efficient for a ENTP is because he wants to be like his dad and be a good leader that he said he'd do from watching him in the past which hints also at his Si holding onto the past a lot. Here's the conversation if you wanna see it, JR brought up some great responses in general in the post there:

Sokka (ENTP) - Avatar: The Last Airbender MBTI Types, How he uses Ne and Ti over Te and Ni | Personality Cafe

To post my opinions again:

Aang: ENFP

Katara: ESFJ archetype

Toph: ISTP

Zuko: ISFP

Azula: ENTJ

Ty Lee: ESFP

Iroh: INFP

Mei: ISTJ

I think I've come around to Sokka as ENTP (I admit, partially because my friends tell me I'm kind of like him :D). But, one of my strategies for MBTI is to connect the character's tertiary function to their dominant function, and I can see the Fe. Iroh is hard to type, but he's definitely in strong NF territory; INFP 9w1 seems right to me. Man's just vibin'.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I've come around to Sokka as ENTP (I admit, partially because my friends tell me I'm kind of like him :D). But, one of my strategies for MBTI is to connect the character's tertiary function to their dominant function, and I can see the Fe. Iroh is hard to type, but he's definitely in strong NF territory; INFP 9w1 seems right to me. Man's just vibin'.

Thanks and maybe these posts for Iroh INFP will help, he's definitely a Ne perciever for sure in my opinion and others seem to agree:

Iroh is talked about here too:
Fictional Character MBTI — Zuko: ISFP [Avatar: The Last Airbender]

Fictional Character MBTI — Uncle Iroh: INFP [Avatar: The Last Airbender]

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not here to type anyone lol, just have to say this is one of my favorite shows ever!! I've watched it so many times! :wubbie::wubbie::D

yeghor

Aang - ENFP (Ne/Fi) - INFJ (An ENFP crushed by weight of challenges and duties placed on him)

Katara - ESFJ (Fe/Si) - ISFJ (protective of life and Aang)

Sokka - ENTP (Ne/Ti) - ENFP (goofy romantic)

Toph - ESTP (Se/Ti) - ISFP (well meaning but prone to getting angry and rash)

Zuko - ISTJ (Si/Te) - ISFJ (he's mommy's boy but values honor and duty)

Uncle Iroh - ESFJ (Fe/Si) - ESFP (he likes food and tea and pleasures, he's very mature in the series because he's old with experience and has lost a son)

Azula - ENTJ (Te/Ni) - ISTP (pure chaos and destruction)

Ty Lee - ESFP (Se/Fi) - Agreed - Part of Azula's gang, cheerful and jumpy

Mai - INTP (Ti/Ne) - ISTJ (Zuko's lover, part of Azula's gang)

In addition:

Suki - ISTJ (Sokka's lover)
Firelord Ozai - ESTJ

yeghor

Team ATLA grown up.

Aang (INFJ), K'tara (ISFJ), Toph (ISFP), Zuko (ISTJ), Sokka (can't decide, typed him ENFP above but they made him a fit cheerful warrior? He feels like the equivalent of Bolin in Korra series)

1660548383896.png