• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
thread_direction.gif

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I mean this in the most constructive way, but are you familiar with the concept of projection?

I fail to see how calling someone a "wimp" is worthy of an infraction, while this, which is arguably worse, is said by an actual moderator. You're basically saying that I'm all of those things. Not that I even remotely care or am even an iota offended, but the point is that I was given an excessive punishment when the severity of my infraction is taken into account.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
mbti has nothing to do with IQ really. ofc there are some correlations when looking at averages, but that doesent have much to do with reality. ESFP can be smart and INTJ can be stupid. these averages are just half of the truth

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're basically saying that I'm all of those things.

No, I am actually not though I can understand why you might interpret it that way. I'm actually trying to help you. Your post is illogical/irrational, leading me to believe that emotions may be driving your feelings or perceptions. My suggestion is that you think about why you have these feelings and perceptions. My guess is that you will find that projection is at least part of the reason for some of your excessive or irrational critique of others.

Here is a Wikipedia link that describes the phenomenon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

G

garbage

As far as I see, this thread has vacillated from superior INTJ arguments to inferior reactionary responses by the other types. This thread holds no more value, as I have debunked the ESFP intelligence myth long ago.

Oh, yeah! I remember your airtight arguments earlier in the thread. Now we just gotta convince the rest of these simpletons.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
plus, platypus are venomous and they were mentioned in the movie Dogma... obviously platypus are way cool :cool:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
But I never said they are rebelling for the sake of rebelling. I went with the definition.

But the definition does not support your argument. It is just that you're *interpreting* the definition that way.

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
so...if he's allowed to keep posting hateful lies about ESFPs, but we're not supposed to respond because he's just a fragile little baby, then why doesn't someone just close the thread? i'm not a fan of closing threads, but if he's going to spew hate, then he's going to get hated. its a really simple concept.

oh, and the internet is not like real life. its a big free for all. like someone above mentioned, could i just claim to be a 15 year old and get a free pass to insult as many people as i want to? nope. thats not how the internet works.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But the definition does not support your argument. It is just that you're *interpreting* the definition that way.
My argument is that if you are an 'absolute' nonconformist you won't conform to prevailing ideas or practice. The majority votes prevail therefore the nonconformist will not conform to it and will therefore always lose. But remember the term 'absolute'. I don't speak for the average one who would set it aside for more analysation.

ISFPeaceOut

MBTI Type
????
and just for arguments sake, i got some actual definitions of intelligence from the internet:

1.capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
2. manifestation of a high mental capacity
3. the faculty of understanding
4. capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.

I don't see anything that excludes ESFPs:shrug:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
so...if he's allowed to keep posting hateful lies about ESFPs, but we're not supposed to respond because he's just a fragile little baby, then why doesn't someone just close the thread? i'm not a fan of closing threads, but if he's going to spew hate, then he's going to get hated. its a really simple concept.

You may argue with anyone who's views you disagree with, as much as you like, that option has not been questioned. What has been raised is personally insulting that person in an attempt to badger them down, both sides need to cut that shit out or further infractions will be delivered.

*not specifically directed at you.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see anything that excludes ESFPs:shrug:

It doesn't, you will always find people wanting to use MBTI as a way of saying they are inherently better. The problem with comprehension is theirs, not yours.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perch, you missed the entire point of every single thing that I said, and also missed out on a whole lot of posts. I can tell by the continuation of regurgitating what was said before, rather than a true rebuttal of any of the posts. By the way, your original post on the subject had the definition of ESFP's in there, which said, "ESFPs like to stay away from theorizing, therefore don't do well in school." To which you followed up with "Then all ESFP's are unintelligent." YOU said that ESFP's are unintelligent because they don't like school. Now, you're arguing just because ESFP's are good in school, does not mean that they are intelligent. Followed by missing a whole bunch of examples of abstract thought, problem solving, and more doing well in school. (Doing well in all theoretical, creative, mathematical AND memorizing topics. Many of which have nothing to do with regurgitating info.) (And yes, IQ tests are simple problems that require quick learning ability and problem solving.... that's established.)

I almost want to keep going on to tell you exactly what I do with my life that Even tell you my IQ score. So then we can rule all those things out as "unintelligent." Then we can go on to talk about things that other ESFP's did, they will be unintelligent as well. (Since now we've ruled out any career that required a lot of memorizing things as unintelligent. Musicians and artists are ALSO unintelligent because they are often ESFP's..Stand up comedians are out. And actors and singers and elementary school teachers.. they're out, too. All unless they of course WEREN'T ESFP's.) We're going to get ourselves down to the pimply teen emo INTJ working in a McDonald's as the most intelligent person once we're done the thread!

(And I sure do hope that the top of your class did not all go on to become docs and engineers if they were the dumbest people you know.)

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, yeah! I remember your airtight arguments earlier in the thread. Now we just gotta convince the rest of these simpletons.

Exactly, but one cannot convince the willfully ignorant. I can only attempt to enlighten the world, not guarantee success.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly, but one cannot convince the willfully ignorant. I can only attempt to enlighten the world, not guarantee success.

I really, really hope you get banned. Again. Perhaps you should have taken the hint the first time.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ

oh, and the internet is not like real life. its a big free for all. like someone above mentioned, could i just claim to be a 15 year old and get a free pass to insult as many people as i want to? nope. thats not how the internet works.

Hateful lies? The context of the discussion is the stupidity or normality of ESFPs, not the axiomatic intelligence of ESFPs. Your emotional outbursts do not serve your cause well.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really, really hope you get banned. Again. Perhaps you should have taken the hint the first time.

No, he can come back. Better him to use as a punching bag after work than my dog or a dear friend.