• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He still has much to learn and experience. Most likely, everyone replying to him are more than 5 years older than him which in turn makes it look like a bunch of more learnt older individuals shouting at a child about how he is wrong.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Then maybe his parents should limit his Internet usage.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Oakysage
He still has much to learn and experience. Most likely, everyone replying to him are more than 5 years older than him which in turn makes it look like a bunch of more learnt older individuals shouting at a child about how he is wrong.

That seems fine to me, maybe it'll teach him a lesson about his behavior and he'll learn to think through things more clearly rather than just say whatever he pleases.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:shrug: Do as you all wish.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree. I'm not his parent or his teacher, and he came on-line spouting ignorant opinions (and this thread has been going on FOR WEEKS, it's not like he said one thing and we ganged up on him in five minutes...he keeps insisting he is correct for WEEKS ON END) ...so if he can't run with the big dogs, he needs to stay on the porch.

While I'm fairly careful with children who are under the age of twelve or thirteen, once they get in high school and start acting this way, I'm not exactly patient with them, and I don't see any reason why I should be.

It's why I would *NEVER* teach high school. Kids these days, dude, they're so fucking arrogant.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
That seems fine to me, maybe it'll teach him a lesson about his behavior and he'll learn to think through things more clearly rather than just say whatever he pleases.

A group of people sitting in the thread calling him an asshole won't make him rethink anything.

Debating with someone though, even if neither side concedes their argument, causes the people involved in the debate to sharpen their own ideas and think them through more thoroughly. If you want him to rethink something, give him something to think about.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

sure he's young and he has a lot to learn and experience, but on the other side, does this give him a free pass to go around calling people stupid and useless just because he feels like it? :huh:

that sort of mindset leads to a lot of spoiled brats :shrug:

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Your post speaks for itself :rolleyes:

Wow, you're a real joker. Oscar Wilde, George Carlin, Mark Twain, get the fuck out and eat shit, Savage Idealist has arrived. Thanks for the LOLs (Internet slang for Laugh out Loud).

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I haven't answered a few questions because I do other things than reply to people's nonsensical bullshit online 24/7.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

'He' has no age here. 'He' could be a 50 year old albanian female shepherd, as far as we know (and as far as I care). Arguments are still arguments. Welcome to the Internet.

G

garbage

but hey, it's better to learn these things through discussions on an internet forum than through a terrible misunderstanding that would inevitably come from him trying to apply his ideas in real life :shrug:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sure he's young and he has a lot to learn and experience, but on the other side, does this give him a free pass to go around calling people stupid and useless just because he feels like it? :huh:

that sort of mindset leads to a lot of spoiled brats :shrug:
Well, you either react to a child's insults or you ignore it. But mostly, the child desires a reaction. So play his game or don't and let him find a new one (perhaps with slightly more wisdom).

T

ThatGirl

I think you are all retarded. Except for Oakysage <3

At least he brought a little REAL perspective to the table.

If we as adults are supposed to know more than the youth, I would think that comes in more areas than just general opinionated knowledge.

Exits thread.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
While I'm fairly careful with children who are under the age of twelve or thirteen, once they get in high school and start acting this way, I'm not exactly patient with them, and I don't see any reason why I should be.
Just out of curiosity, if you met a fifteen year old on the street that was spouty off, you would then walk up to him or her and say the same things that people are saying to him now?

Personally, I ignore people that are young and immature with regard to life and life experiences. However, if I want to "teach them a lesson," I certainly don't do it by acting just like they are.

Now if they're older, my reaction is completely different.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you either react to a child's insults or you ignore it. But mostly, the child desires a reaction. So play his game or don't and let him find a new one (perhaps with slightly more wisdom).

I'd merely attempted to explain some stats to him, but apparently that was boring adult stuff :rolli:

I correct kids IRL as well... no use having my day ruined just because someone else decided to let their kids run wild :cheese:

(and a skimming of his posts doesn't show much promise in finding any more mature games to play... not unless he gets hit by a falling coconut like Keith Richards! :holy:)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the youth is already too pandered to. I've actually had it with this societal idea that kids shouldn't be disciplined or talked to like adults if they want to pretend to be an adult. It's not like he's five and we're telling him to shut up.

No one is telling him to shut up, for that matter, we're just arguing with him.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I correct kids IRL as well... no use having my day ruined just because someone else decided to let their kids run wild :cheese:

Pretty much. I'm sick of people letting their brats run wild.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
'He' has no age here. 'He' could be a 50 year old albanian female shepherd, as far as we know (and as far as I care). Arguments are still arguments. Welcome to the Internet.
Understood. Though I like to take the most likely case in that he's still quite a young 15 year old as stated. So I honestly wouldn't advise bothering much.

but hey, it's better to learn these things through discussions on an internet forum than through a terrible misunderstanding that would inevitably come from him trying to apply his ideas in real life :shrug:
He is being attacked and therefore on the defensive. He won't change his thoughts with such things.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oaky, would you be defending him if he weren't INTJ?

Are you just being sympathetic to INTJ weaknesses?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd merely attempted to explain some stats to him, but apparently that was boring adult stuff :rolli:

(and a skimming of his posts doesn't show much promise in finding any more mature games to play... not unless he gets hit by a falling coconut like Keith Richards! :holy:)
Isn't much use now is it? It's been going on for quite the while with not much avail. :biggrin: