• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The ESFP "stupid" myth.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ that's a logical fallacy you're indulging in - the false dilemma.

G

Ginkgo

Ultimately everything is subjective due to the fact that we perceive it, but most reasonable people define objective criteria for dealing with the world.

Exactly, but what do you define intelligence as, then?

You've probably already stated this. Whatever. I view THIS as intelligent!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HckRLrBXQM"]:yay:[/YOUTUBE]

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whether or not the other INTJs agree with me is not something I care about. Like I've already stated: they're either with me or against me.

You vs. the world, huh? A noble mission to prove that Ni+Te is the only kind of intelligence that's significant or worthwhile while in the process proving aptly that INTJs are quite capable of stupidity?

I'm certain you don't care, since Ti is an inferior perspective and all, but I see NTJs making this sort of sloppy mistake in reasoning now and again. A lot of this seems Ni+Fi motivated..."I'm the smartest type" seems to have worked its way into your immovable Fi sense of value and self-worth.

For a good portion of my life, I meandered about as an INFP thinking that I was intellectually superior

As if a lowly FP could ever possess intelligence rivaling yours! I mean, let's be real here--you're an INTJ! How could you be wrong?

^ that's a logical fallacy you're indulging in - the false dilemma.

NTJs make this kind of sloppy logical mistake now and again; some of them are just too unduly arrogant to consider it a mistake.

Anybody else picking up a major Ni+Fi self-serving feedback loop vibe from this guy? He's just not taking in new information at all.

KDude

I just noticed that Lex is only 20. This isn't some cheap potshot about age, but hell, you're only 3 or 2 years away from highschool. It's fair to say that I might have been annoyed with sensors myself at that age... and I myself am a sensor!

Basically, live a little. It's even harder to take your sentiments seriously now, from my perspective. Umm...although I wasn't serious to begin with. Just sayin'.:cool:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Exactly, but what do you define intelligence as, then?

You've probably already stated this. Whatever. I view THIS as intelligent!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HckRLrBXQM"]:yay:[/YOUTUBE]

Well, it IS humorous in an absurd way, I'll give you that.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've worked with stupid INTJs and they're among the most irritating people in existence, because they adopt that "I'm way too smart to bother with any of you as you're all just pawns in my master plan anyway ha-ha-ha" attitude that the smart INTJs have, except they're fucking stupid and their master plan is garbage.

They tend to believe in a lot of outlandish conspiracy theories, buy into outrageous fringe right wing propaganda and harbor a lot of unfounded prejudicial beliefs toward various demographic groups they dislike.

We all know a Dale Gribble in real life. They are the dumb INTJs--they're just especially funny because virtually all INTJs believe themselves to be extraordinarily brilliant.

I really like this statement... though it reminds me more of my dad (ESTJ), but it can apply to me too. INTJ's tend to be arrogant :p

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am, and this is something you would know if you had bothered to read my posts thoroughly.
The lack of use of someone's mind is not an indication of intellectual capacity.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is getting more and more pathetic with every page. Just sayin'.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
The lack of use of someone's mind is not an indication of intellectual capacity.

It may or may not be; it depends on the situation.

If somebody never strives to reach their intellectual capacity, then that, to me, is a form of stupidity; they are unworthy of their intellect.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

If somebody never strives to reach their intellectual capacity, then that, to me, is a form of stupidity; they are unworthy of their intellect.

Some would say the same thing about their bodies and the importance they put in being in shape and physically active and healthy etc

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This is because you personally have the opinion that intellect is the greatest attribute a person can have. Whereas another person may say that physical strength or emotional levels are more important then intellect. One may bear very high intelligence yet never strive to use it because they value another attribute more then their intelligence. It does not however mean they are unintelligent. It means they bear different values so intelligence may not be shown among them. ESFPs, very much the same, may bear intelligence that is not shown as it may be unvalued by them.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whether or not the other INTJs agree with me is not something I care about. Like I've already stated: they're either with me or against me.

I hope these statements are just for "teh lulz." Because if you really do believe this shit, you're quite the retard.

And yes, feel free to add me to your fearsome shit list. God knows I've had more competent enemies than those who believed that a Myers Briggs type gave them special powers.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is because you personally have the opinion that intellect is the greatest attribute a person can have. Whereas another person may say that physical strength or emotional levels are more important then intellect. One may bear very high intelligence yet never strive to use it because they value another attribute more then their intelligence. It does not however mean they are unintelligent. It means they bear different values so intelligence may not be shown among them. ESFPs, very much the same, may bear intelligence that is not shown as it may be unvalued by them.

This is my viewpoint as well. There are a lot of things that prove a person's worth, and especially as you get more experienced in life you'll find that no one attribute works for all occasions. Intelligence (the alleged 'NT' kind) is great through high school and college, but after that more of your tools comes into play. Unless you plan to spend the rest of your life in a research lab, you betta recongnize.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Some would say the same thing about their bodies and the importance they put in being in shape and physically active and healthy etc

So what? I believe in staying physically fit myself. However, physical fitness is not correlated with intelligence.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hope these statements are just for "teh lulz." Because if you really do believe this shit, you're quite the retard.

Here was my response to that statement:

It was mostly facetious. :rolleyes:

And yes, feel free to add me to your fearsome shit list. God knows I've had more competent enemies than those who believed that a Myers Briggs type gave them special powers.

Don't flatter yourself. I don't care to waste time arguing with simpletons, especially of the traitorous kind.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't flatter yourself. I don't care to waste time arguing with simpletons, especially of the traitorous kind.

*snickers*

You just said simpleton.

You deserve something special now. A treat, like SARS or something.