• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional NT Females

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn you! I've just spent the whole morning watching Green Wing clips now!

Type the other characters....?

Caroline - INXP
Mac - ENFJ?
Curly headed guy who's name I can't remember - ESTP?
Statham - INTJ
Martin - INFP
Joanna - ESTJ

[YOUTUBE="PiQkVhHYR2A"]Top 5 Attributes in a Woman[/YOUTUBE]

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I already tried that in http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ypes-british-tv-shows-you-ve-never-heard.html

Dr. Caroline Todd ---INFP

Dr. Guillaume 'Guy' Valerie Secretan ---ENTP

Dr. 'Mac' Macartney ---ENFJ

Dr. Alan Statham ---INTJ

Joanna Clore ---ESTP

Sue White ---ENTP + completely insane

Dr. Martin Dear ---ISFP

Boyce ---ENFP

Dr. Angela Hunter ---ESTJ

Harriet Schulenburg ---INFP

Kim Alabaster ---ISTP

Naughty Rachel ---ESFP

Karen Ball ---ISFJ

The curly headed guy whose name you couldn't remember is "Guy". You were pretty close.

"Down Belooooooow"

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I have a feeling this thread will be split pretty soon.

But Guy is NOT an ENTP.
He's all about the S.

I have thought about Guy as an ESTP, what with sensory pursuits of womanising, competitive sports and flashiness, but I felt those aspects are overshadowed by his quick mental sparring and intuitive understanding of people.

YouTube - Green Wing Guy and Martin

But that could just be Stephen Mangan's personality showing through.

And, I think Sue White might be ENTJ. She's a bit high-strung to be a P. Also, did you see the Nazi clip? Say no more....

The thing about Sue is that just never gets any work done. And I wouldn't she was highly strung, only that she likes playing dress ups and seeing what reactions she could get out of people. Michelle Gomez once said of her that she is probably just someone who found an empty office in a hospital one day and decorated it with her stuff, that she probably isn't even on the payroll.

This wanting to test people with no defined goals makes me think ENTP rather than ENTJ.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see you have given this some thought, Mr Belfry. I wouldn't worry about this thread - the original OP buggered off some time ago. I own this thread now.

I have thought about Guy as an ESTP, what with sensory pursuits of womanising, competitive sports and flashiness, but I felt those aspects are overshadowed by his quick mental sparring and intuitive understanding of people.
ESTPs are salesmen - they understand people at a certain level, they understand how to manipulate people. He's far too concrete to be ENTP. I think your clip demonstrates his ESTPness aptly.

also, what about this:

[YOUTUBE="nM4FbkcdI1w"]Your Song[/YOUTUBE]

I think the actor is an N, and that's what you're picking up.

Sue - I still don't know, it's hard to type the crazy ones. But I've known a few ENTPs and their offices didn't look like that. Plus, she never has a hair out of place.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Her character in Four Weddings and a Funeral seemed INTP to me.

Yes, I agree with this.

Her character in The English Patient is a little bit more difficult. I'd say INTP still, though. I saw no signs of J, and she was definitely an introvert and a thinker.

But I think she was an ENTJ in The Horse Whisperer. At any rate, still an NT.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Someone said Scully from X-Files is NT.... sorry, but I don't see N at all with her. She's ISTJ, IMO.

Brennan from Bones is definitely INTJ.

Olivia from Fringe seems to be an NT of some sort. Not enough episodes yet for me to type her more fully.

Sarah from Kyle XY is also NT.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Estella - Great Expectations. ENTJ.

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Spaced, but Daisy strikes me as an ENTP.

I heart that show.

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
I don't know whether the OP is still around or not, but I'll jump in anyway because I think it is cool that someone wants to write an NT female character into his book.

Looking through colmena's long, long list, I note that I haven't seen most of those.

Seven of Nine and T'Pol: INTP

I relate to both, but mostly to T'Pol (obviously). Everyone sees that side of me when they know me in person and think of me as either of these two. People who have seen my personal writing, though....my inner world that gets revealed in writing (like in my blog)....they don't seem to feel that I'm as much like them as those who know me IRL seem to.

Sam Carter (Stargate Atlantis) and Stella Bonasera (CSI NY) are both NTs (ENTJ / INTJ ?). Same goes for Dr. Weir (Stargate Atlantis), but I am not sure which exact type she might be.

Sam on SG. Maybe a little. I relate more to Daniel Jackson, though.
Stella on CSI NY. More so when the show first started. Lately, she's more outwardly emotional to others, and I have ceased to relate to her as much.
Dr Weir on SG. I relate to her approach to people and how she makes her decisions.
Kind of a combination between Sam and Dr Weir is where I relate, I guess.

Just a quick random thought... INTP's have a bit of a tendency to be chameleons, to some extent, from what I've read. Or experienced first hand to a greater extent.... INTP's have that fun little combination of NP, after all. That might make it a bit more difficult to pick one out of a crowd unless you are really adept at reading a person.

I see characters on tv or movies regularly that I relate to somehow, but none as much as Tina Fey. I read somewhere that even within the INTP type, some people feel there are multiple "subtypes". I don't remember what they were, but it ranged from mega nerd to hippie chic.

anyway, just a thought.

And, I think these are good and accurate thoughts. I think there are multiple subtypes within the INTP community. Now you have me curious about this Tina Fey person.

In movies and shows, especially the older ones, I most commonly relate to the male characters. Now, though, I'm relating to more and more female characters, so I do think more NT females are coming into the character limelight. What happened? Did Hollywood get taken over by nerds? ;)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And, I think these are good and accurate thoughts. I think there are multiple subtypes within the INTP community. Now you have me curious about this Tina Fey person.
She's awesome and hilarious. The lady wrote for SNL for years and did the screenplay for "Mean Girls". She's now got her own TV show called "30 Rock" which is the most absurd, hilarious and deadpan show currently on (that is not "The Office"). She's currently famous for impersonating/mocking Sarah Palin on SNL.

In movies and shows, especially the older ones, I most commonly relate to the male characters. Now, though, I'm relating to more and more female characters, so I do think more NT females are coming into the character limelight. What happened? Did Hollywood get taken over by nerds? ;)

The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth - TIME
;)

Charlotte from Lost in Translation is INTP. (Bob is ENTP)
Brennan from Bones is INTJ.
"13" from House is INTJ.
River from Firefly is an xNTP.
Jaye from Wonderfalls is INTP.
Alex Cabot from L&O: SVU is ENTJ.

(just off the top of my head)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Charlotte from Lost in Translation is INTP. (Bob is ENTP)

Hah, yeah! One of my favorite parts of that movie ('cause I don't like the movie all that much) is the scene in the hall when Charlotte was making fun of that girl for not knowing that was a guy's name she had adopted as her moniker. Her boyfriend then chided her for being too judgmental.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah right? But why didn't she fall for Laurie - I never got that bit.

Neither did I, exactly. Alcott created the perfect partner for Jo (or at least someone I would have fallen for), and then split them up.

But:

Alcott later wrote, "Jo should have remained a literary spinster, but so many enthusiastic young ladies wrote to me clamorously demanding that she should marry Laurie, or somebody, that I didn't dare refuse and out of perversity went and made a funny match for her".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Women

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Alcott later wrote, "Jo should have remained a literary spinster, but so many enthusiastic young ladies wrote to me clamorously demanding that she should marry Laurie, or somebody, that I didn't dare refuse and out of perversity went and made a funny match for her".

Booo! :tongue10:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neither did I, exactly. Alcott created the perfect partner for Jo (or at least someone I would have fallen for), and then split them up.

But:

Little Women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HaHA! Alcott sounds like an NT herself.

I always gave her kudos for not giving us a "happy" ending.

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
She's awesome and hilarious. The lady wrote for SNL for years and did the screenplay for "Mean Girls". She's now got her own TV show called "30 Rock" which is the most absurd, hilarious and deadpan show currently on (that is not "The Office"). She's currently famous for impersonating/mocking Sarah Palin on SNL.

SNL. Used to watch it back in the 70s. Land shark! Haven't watched it since. Never saw "30 Rock" nor heard of it. Yeah, I know....I'm a cave beetle. ;) Moving on... I, however, have heard of "The Office." Never saw it. Heard of it. ["applause" sign goes up] If she's the one who impersonated Sarah Palin on Leno, then I've seen her. She's good at it. Never knew anything about her, though. Will do some research, maybe.

Read it. Liked it very much. The place is becoming more homey. As part of what Whoopi said when Obama became our leader, I may unpack my bags now.

""13" from House is INTJ." -- I could buy that, though seems a bit more "S" than "N" to me. Not sure.
"River from Firefly is an xNTP." -- I'd agree. I relate to her. I wish they'd kept that show going. I loved the movie, too.

((Goes off to see if there's a Firefly/Serenity thread here))
((Makes note to check for a Red Dwarf thread, too))