• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional NT Females

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jo in Little Women

Beth is the NF
Mary is the SJ
Amy is the SP

Maybe I should post my answer here on second thought. Thanks, Blue, for drawing my attention to this answer. I heartily agree with everything except Jo. Jo really is an NT??? I totally relate to her - hell I even said the same things she did, "I'm going to die an old spinster..." And to be honest, if I were Jo, I wouldn't fall for him either..I don't know why - just blehhh!

On the other hand, a German professor who loves books with a passion, publishes my book, speaks to my mind and heart, stimulates me intellectually and has a cute, sexy accent. Hell yeah!!! (Oh wait, I married one haha)!

velourial

MBTI Type
entp
Just to throw my two cents in on The English Patient Characters
Katharine Clifton is DEFINITELY an ENTP. If you watch her with all the other characters except Almasy, she's bubble, charming, flirtatious. That's a huge part of the issue-- the secret affair she's having is very much at odds with the life she lives, and ultimately, she chooses her daytime world with relatively little emotional fanfare. She is a bit of a J (and kind of an ENTJ in the bedroom), but that's the part of her, only with her F, that she introverts.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Princess Leia (Star Wars): ENTJ
Assajj Ventress (Star Wars EU): ENTJ
Aurra Sing (Star Wars EU): ENTJ (maybe xSTP)
The Dark Wompan (Star Wars EU): INTJ

Major Carter (Stargate): INTJ
Gail (Sin City): ENTJ
The Stepmother (Snow Withe): ENTJ

Nala (the Lion King); ENTP

Julia (Nip/Tuck): INTP
Julia's mother: ENTJ

Dana (Step by Step): ENTJ (damn: they're many!!)

Dr Quinn, Medecine woman: INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Nah, she's an ENFx, D'arcy is the INTx.

The Austen NT heroine is Fanny in Mansfield park.

Oh my, I missed this before. Why do you think that Fanny is an NT? Are you thinking INTJ? She just seems so emotion-based.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my, I missed this before. Why do you think that Fanny is an NT? Are you thinking INTJ? She just seems so emotion-based.
Why do you say that?
For me, it's her wit, irreverence, stubbornness, independence, black humour, shrewdness, disregard for social niceties, tom-boyishness, preference for male company, level-headedness, lack of emotionality and inability to know her own heart.
Then there's the NF she chose. I'd call her a P. Mostly because I like her. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why do you say that?
For me, it's her wit, irreverence, stubbornness, independence, black humour, shrewdness, disregard for social niceties, tom-boyishness, preference for male company, level-headedness, lack of emotionality and inability to know her own heart.
Then there's the NF she chose. I'd call her a P. Mostly because I like her. ;)

Hmmm...maybe I need to re-read the novel, but I didn't pick up any black humor, irreverence, or lack of emotionality. I agree that she was stubborn, level-headed when on her own (or not in the throws of some emotional panic attack or other), preferred male company, and she did have (if not disregard) disdain or natural dislike of social niceties. But lacking emotion? It seemed to me she was often overwhelmed by them (breaking down into tears because her uncle said something cold to her, relying on the feelings she got when her cousin did something nice for her to carry her through the day). I was going to say that she also takes things pretty personally, but then I remembered that the things people said to/about her were pretty personally insulting, so her reactions correspond to their actions.

To me, she seemed shy, really anxious, timid, insecure, and (often) sanctimonious. She was very rigid in her beliefs (which was the strong point of her character...she was very mind-independent). I guess that reliance on principle over relational harmony (even towards those she liked, or respected) could point to NT. And her tendency to fear her emotions (it seems like the whole book involves scene after scene of her seeking to escape being overwhelmed by feelings, lest she lose control) seems more NT than NF. Plus she was able to separate her emotions from what she saw as her "duty." She could be servile to her terrible family members even though they were constantly either neglectful or mean to her. And she really genuinely liked only a couple of people...the rest she just dealt with because she had to, and because it was (to her) the upright thing to do.

Actually, I think I talked myself into seeing her more as an NT now. I know heart mentioned a while back that she thought Fanny was an INTJ. I could buy that. It seems as though a lot of her insecurity and emotionality were the result of her circumstances. She was perfectly stable when left well enough alone. It's just when people fucked with her (as they always seemed to do) that she was emotionally perturbed. And anybody would be insecure if they were constantly reminded of their inferiority from a young age.