• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scrubs

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Has anyone typed the new interns? I can't remember their names and I can't find them anywhere. *flail* I'll just list them by description:

Blonde medical intern: ISTP
Overly-optimistic nurse(?) intern: ESFP
Male surgical intern: ISTJ

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would agree JD is probably a perceiver of some kind. I would say either ENFP or INFP. He doesn't seem to be as firm on his decisions as most Js are. In fact, usually I've noticed when he wants to be decisive about something he has to really put his mind to it. I think for most Js that kind of thing would come more naturally. He's probably more of an extrovert, although if he is he's not tremendously extroverted. Even though INFJs have dream worlds too, JD's dream world screams NFP to me.

As far as Dr. Cox, he is definitely in my mind an NTJ, without question. Whether he is introverted or extroverted is kind of a toss-up. Even though the classic antagonist is often ENTJ, sometimes Cox's behavior might be a mechanism to want to be alone by pushing others away. But other times it just seems to be a means to control other people.

BTW: Scrubs is on as I type this.

EnphJay

MBTI Type
ENFJ
With all due respect, I'm pretty sure Carla is an ENFJ.

And, yes, E's have internal monologue. We just pull the trigger on expressing our thoughts more often, relatively.

Oh, and hi! This is my first post. I'm Alicia.

EnphJay

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Also, JD is an INFP, imo. He's pretty indecisive and appreciates guidance. Cox gives me more of a J vibe. Deliberate and determined.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
JD = INFP (close to the E/I border)
Turk = ESFP
Cox = ENTP/ENTJ (I could have said ESTP as well if it weren't for certain moments of clear N and his distaste for the ESTPish surgeons.)
Jordan = INTJ/ENTJ/possibly ISTJ or ISTP, but less likely
Elliot = Neurotic ISFP/INFP (Definitely Fi and she's way too unstructured in her head to be a J. The OC tendencies seems more like a result of neuroticism, and she's far too random about what she's OC about to be a J.)
Janitor = ISTP (maybe INTP)
Carla = ENFJ/ESFJ
Kelso = ESTJ
Lawyer = ISFP

I think this does the trick. Cox doesn't seem to have any Ne or Se, I don't know what ENTJs are all like personally, but he might be one of them.

can anyone do the newer characters? I don't even remember their names... might need to watch some more. :blush:

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
So do I's really think that E's have no internal dialogue?

I hope you meant internal monolouge. Because dialouge requires two people.

But then again you could create more people inside your head.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Once again merged

swift sylvan

MBTI Type
NiTi
JD xNFP there are good arguments for introverted and extroverted, I would guess very tiny eNFP because of his need to be in harmony with almost everyone he can (think of episode where he resolves to learn everyone's name)
Turk ESFP no surprises here
Dr. Cox ENTP....sure, although the weakest of theses seems to be N, I just don't see the abstract and theoretical side in him as I see in JD and the Janitor
Elliot IXFX Elliot is tough, though she seems to be more introverted and definitely a feeler, if you argued S or N or J or P I would probably see your point
Carla EsFJ Carla seems to be more of an S than an N to me, but in both she is very assertive with telling people what they should do. The reason I pick S is she sees problems and how one should react to them, but she doesn't really look at people's potential. It typically is "do this to fix the problem we are having now" as oppose to "do this because it will help you as a person to become better at this skill that I believe you could work on"
Dr. Kelso EnTJ Kelso in almost all situations seems like an S, yet he seems to always know how to deal with problems. He has no problems bending the rules as he needs to and he doesn't really seem to care all that much for traditional things that I think my ESTJ buddy does. I haven't met an ENTJ that I know of for sure...is this accurate?
Janitor INTP He seems way to unusual and creative to be an ISTP, as mentioned in other threads ISTP's are generally the cool guy of the group...I don't think anyone in the show thinks the janitor is cool and he clearly is quite odd. As a very talented inventor and planner he thinks outside the box and has no problems challenging the status quo and making improvements.
Ted ISFP....poor Ted

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
saw a rerun before work. it had to do with a military patient, elliot being a republican, and dr kelso having a butt tattoo of a guy friend.:coffee:

im bored here so ill take a wack at it.

JD - INFP
Chris Turk - ESFP
Carla - ENFJ
Elliot Reid- ENFP
Perry Cox - ENTJ
Jordan Sullivan - ESTP
Denise Mahoney - ISTP
Dr. Kelso - ESTJ
Ted - INFP
Todd - ESTP

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, I don't want no scrubs.

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

Hanging out the window of his best friend's car, trying to holler at me.

I don't want no scrubs.

(It had to be done.)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
JD - ENFP 9
Turk - ESFP 7 (seems like everyone does agree on that)
Carla - xSFJ 2 or 6
Cox - ENTP 8
Kelso - ESTJ 8
Todd - ESTP 7
I'd say ExFx for Elliot and INTP for the Janitor, he seems to be only introvert main character on the show.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, I don't want no scrubs.

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.

Hanging out the window of his best friend's car, trying to holler at me.

I don't want no scrubs.

(It had to be done.)

BbL3ixM.gif

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
JD - ENFP
Turk - ESFP
Carla - ESFJ
Elliot - ENFP
Cox - ISTJ
Jordan - ISTP
Denise - ISTP
Dr. Kelso - ESTJ
Ted - INFP
Todd - ESTP

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
JD - ENFP 9w1 or 7w6 So/Sx
Turk - ESFP 2w3 or 7w6 So/Sx
Carla - ESFJ 2w1 So/Sx
Cox - ENTP 8w7 Sx/So
Kelso - ESTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
Todd - ESTP 7w8 Sx/So
Eliot - ISFJ 6w7 So/Sp
Jordan - ENTJ 8w9 Sx/So
Molly - ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
Tedd - ISFP (or INTP) 6w5 So/Sp
Janitor - ISTP (with ENTP trends) 6w5 Sp/Sx

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw a couple of people type the Janitor as an ENTP in another thread and I was like WTF. Those people have NOT met an ENTP and definitely ain't ENTPs.

Yeah, I always thought JD was more of an INFP (nearly everything is inner monologue and most of the time he's off in his imagination - he doesn't often externalize anything).

As for the others....I don't know. I adore the show, and every time I watch it I try to figure out the mbti types of the other characters, but it's a little harder given all of the side stories, tons of quirks (which makes it hilarious!) and dreams and all of that -

TOTAL guesses for the below! (and I'm on the fence for the E/I dichotomy on a few)Take with a grain of salt. -

Turk - ESFP
Dr. Cox - ENTP
Dr. Cox's wife/former ex/whatever - xSTP (Jordan)
Elliot - ESFJ
Janitor - ISTP
Carla - ISFJ
Kelso - ESTJ
Lawyer - ISxJ

I agree with your typing except..

Everyone seems to type JD as a NFP.

However, I think JD is NOT a Fi user. Do you see any Fi thinking or monologues from him? If it's an Fi user, we are bound to see Fi eventually and a lot, but he has non.

He does go into funny imaginary situations, but that doesn't suggest Ne at all. Ne sees connections and all, and that's what their imaginations are based on. JD's are funny but highly irrelevant to the matters at hand. A good way to observe Ne is having a chat with an INTP. They keep talking about random stuff but they are always connected to one another. JD's doesn't do that.

I am thinking ISFJ for him.

Also, he tries really hard to get people to like him, which Turk pointed out. Not Fi I think, unless he's a E2.

-------

Regarding Cox who I believe is the most interesting character in the show. I think he is an ENFJ SX dom and probably a 8w7.

He does order people around and is quite insensitive but He is not a T type. He is ranting always has feelings involved. He is a recluse and probably a narcissist and he tries to push people away. His psychiatrist pointed this out to him.

Also he is definitely NOT a Ne user. Ne would be more relaxed, less focused. Cox has Se type focus though not an Se dom.

--------

Also it is possible that the lawyer is a ISFP.

Last edited:

Jeff W. Goldblum

MBTI Type
TBPH
I saw a couple of people type the Janitor as an ENTP in another thread and I was like WTF. Those people have NOT met an ENTP and definitely ain't ENTPs.

I agree with your typing except..

Everyone seems to type JD as a NFP.

However, I think JD is NOT a Fi user. Do you see any Fi thinking or monologues from him? If it's an Fi user, we are bound to see Fi eventually and a lot, but he has non.

He does go into funny imaginary situations, but that doesn't suggest Ne at all. Ne sees connections and all, and that's what their imaginations are based on. JD's are funny but highly irrelevant to the matters at hand. A good way to observe Ne is having a chat with an INTP. They keep talking about random stuff but they are always connected to one another. JD's doesn't do that.

I am thinking ISFJ for him.

Also, he tries really hard to get people to like him, which Turk pointed out. Not Fi I think, unless he's a E2.

-------

Regarding Cox who I believe is the most interesting character in the show. I think he is an ENFJ SX dom and probably a 8w7.

He does order people around and is quite insensitive but He is not a T type. He is ranting always has feelings involved. He is a recluse and probably a narcissist and he tries to push people away. His psychiatrist pointed this out to him.

Also he is definitely NOT a Ne user. Ne would be more relaxed, less focused. Cox has Se type focus though not an Se dom.

--------

Also it is possible that the lawyer is a ISFP.

First ENFJ suggestion l've seen for Dr.Cox , though l've been sold on ENTJ for years despite ENTP being thrown out in most threads as if it's a given. l don't think his tangents are Ne either, at all, plus there are numerous instances of Ni in his overall behavior.

About the 'feelings' in his rants that make you think ENFJ, might it be Fi inferior showing through and being expressed by Te?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First ENFJ suggestion l've seen for Dr.Cox , though l've been sold on ENTJ for years despite ENTP being thrown out in most threads as if it's a given. l don't think his tangents are Ne either, at all, plus there are numerous instances of Ni in his overall behavior.

About the 'feelings' in his rants that make you think ENFJ, might it be Fi inferior showing through and being expressed by Te?

No no he is definitely not a Fi user or or I think it would be more accurate to say that his rants aren't Fi based.

He is a value judger. Everything he does and say are based on value judgement.

Another similar character to him - a bit - is Edward Nortan's character in American History X, who was also a ENFJ 8w7. He was a brutal thug in that. :D

Last edited: