• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Darwin - The Dilemma

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but he came up with a completely revolutionary idea = N

also, wouldn't SP types be less interested in theory?

:huh: S's can come up with revolutionary ideas, you know. Really.

And if my classes (and profs) are anything to go by, biology is a fairly popular subject for ISTPs.

I could see him as an INTP or ISTP (especially from the unauthorized chemical experiments!), really. Though he could be anything, it's not like I knew the guy personally.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
His desire to avoid conflict and not interfere with other people's beliefs can be very INTP. As also was the fact that he could not deny the truth of the evidence he was finding in his many voyages among the islands.

Te is good at organizing the outer world into a way that fits one's inner desires/ideas.

Is that the difference between the Te-Fi axis and the Ti-Fe axis?

alicia91

I think this has been brought up before but S's are often interested in theory - as long as it's not philosophy! ;) But I really don't know enough about him to have a strong opinion.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The man was an INTP, without a shadow of doubt!!!!

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
Kiersey Shmiersey. The one expert I don't trust at all to type people correctly. He thinks that Ghandi is an INFJ, Donald trump is an ESTP, Jung is an INFJ (give me a break), Nicola Tesla is an ENTP (Tesla always struck me as an extreme INTJ), Mozart is an ISFP (please!), Woody Allen is an ISTP (That would be convienient, but I always can't help seeing Woody Allen as an embarrasing example of ENFP).

Jung is an INFJ. You may want to eat some humble pie.

Keirsey may not get everything right, but the man has spent 50 years of his life dedicated to studying typology and written countless books, and is bound to know a thing or two about typing. He's spent almost certainly more time than your entire lifespan researching. Don't be so arrogant.

So many on this forum spout armchair typings like they know what they talking about.

Opine less. Research more. Be more confident in a very few number of typings rather than a mediocre confidence in a great many and spamming everyone with inaccurate conjecture.

Not just picking on you, this applies to a great many on TypC (and other forums).