• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Juno and Superbad characters

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

That movie was sooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!

It was! :D :wub:

I may have been projecting because she reminded me a lot of myself. But more pregnant. :ninja:

I figured Ne would be almost a given considering the way she used her language (so some kind of NP at the least). Way too random.

I also figured T was pretty apparent from how utilitarian she was about everything. How did you get ISFP, Jesus?

E vs. I -- I just cannot see her as a Ti dominant. It's not even about outgoingness, it's about her energy and fluidity to me.

For a temperament perspective, I think it's even more clear: abstract language + utilitarian with people (= NT) + informative communication (= NTP). The E vs. I comes down to profiles, and again she seemed in *no* way to be "the most precise in thought and language of all types" and had more of the ENTP inventiveness. DD, I also thought she was pretty playful, too!

I also think she was a pretty good example of the paradox of ENTs who have extroversion combined with the natural NT aloofness. It's pretty subtle to pick up on.

She reminded me a hell of a lot of myself as well. I think she was underneath a very uncertain person who used humor to grease the wheels of life and to cope with various difficult situations, i.e. she was "the clown." Whatever type she was, I related to her a lot. She was utilitarian, but to me that doesn't necessarily ex out F, though it does imply T before it implies F. She seemed somewhat balanced on the F/T scale to me; not abrasive or cold, but not too mushy either. She seemed to try to make other people comfortable to some degree. Remember the scene when she and Bleaker were lab partners in science class and the two of them had to listen to a bickering couple at the same lab table? She seemed to be trying to lighten the tension, which could have been Fe combined with Ne playfulness.

I do think she had highly-developed Ne, which isn't uncommon for INxP types, but if she were an INTP, she had well-developed Ne and well-developed Fe, and if she were an INFP, she had well-developed Ne and well-developed Te. I do think she leaned in the ENTP direction, but I can also see ENFP and possibly any NP type. She was fluid and playful, uncertain and funny, not quick to lose her cool or break down, basically a deadbeat in school (always copying Bleaker's hw etc), not cynical but not an idealist. Yeah. Cool character. I liked her a lot.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^Mempy I love your sig by the way. :wub:

She was *not* an ENFP. I related to her in her quirkiness and sense of humor but still, I recall being 16 and going through major tough shit, and I was a ball of serious intensity. I would not have been as capable of lightly coping as she, one of the drawbacks of being an F I think is we feel things too deeply at times, especially when things are "heavy".

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I might've become too attached to her and was projecting my best friend onto her. Eh. She did speak too much to be an ISTP now that I think about it. But it still fits for me.

I can't completely see ENTP @_@

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not only is Juno ENTP, but so is the screenwriter of the script. You can tell by all of the made up expressions and obscure references that the play is written by someone on Ne overload.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Not only is Juno ENTP, but so is the screenwriter of the script. You can tell by all of the made up expressions and obscure references that the play is written by someone on Ne overload.

Yeah, I noticed that! In the beginning especially, there is just an overload of made-up expressions, particularly in Juno's phone conversation when she's telling her friend she's pregnant. I kept thinking, "NO ONE talks like that! What are they speaking, Greek? I wish these characters had more realistic dialogue." After that, it got much better, but in the beginning it was just weird and absurd.

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
juno is absolutely ENTP, nothing else makes any sense. everything she says is a metaphor or a comparison - shes super quick witted and charming, but is also kind of a bro at heart, just not really that in touch with her emotional side, suggestin Ti not Fi. her friend is probably an ENFP though. dads ISTP, jennifer garner is ISFJ, bateman is ESTP, michael cera is some IFJ, probably N cause otherwise juno probably wouldnt like him. i'm not sure about the mom, i'd have to see it again, but maybe INFP?

superbad:
evan is again, some IFJ but probably N, though i don't really know how i'd back that up.
i'd like to make the case that seth is ENTJ, though most people here are thinkin ESTP. he seems to have a grand plan for things (like how he was gonna get on julie, and about how he and evan were supposed to go to college together), and he gets mad when people (evan) are out of touch with his idea of the big picture. he reads into things a lot and is sure about his conclusions (Ni) for example "she wants me to buy alcohol. she could have asked her sister but she asked me. that means she wants my dick in or around her mouth."

the girls types don't really matter but seths girl is probably some EFJ (wanting to get alc for the whole party even though she doesnt drink), and evans girl could be like ESFP. i don't know.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
She has that rare brand of sarcasm and smart-assness that only NT's bring you.

and she's rational. Calm. Says all her jokes with a straight face. Has that "all people are idiots" NT thing going on.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just saw Juno today! Great movie!!
Juno is definitely an ENTP! There's no way around it. She reminds me of many ENTPs.
Bleeker is most likely an INFJ- possibly ISFJ.
Juno's dad is an ISTP. Her stepmom is an ESTJ.
Vanessa is most likely an ISFJ while Mark is an ISFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh fuck. Witty? The movie sounds like it was written by exactly who it was written by: a stripper who doesn't know anyone like the real-world "equivalents" of the characters. It's a mess.

I'll go out on a limb and say the characters in the movie are typeless, just like most sitcom characters.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh fuck. Witty? The movie sounds like it was written by exactly who it was written by: a stripper who doesn't know anyone like the real-world "equivalents" of the characters. It's a mess.

Yeah, I remembered that Oscar acceptance speech.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would not have been as capable of lightly coping as she, one of the drawbacks of being an F I think is we feel things too deeply at times, especially when things are "heavy".

I don't think any teenager could cope with their situation as lightly as Juno does, not even a T. She is far too unrealistic to type.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm pretty sure Juno is an ENTP, rather then ESTP because of her way of communicating, and the deal with the chair, how it started and ended..I feel as though she is definitely an N..anyone agree?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Juno - ENTP
Bleeker - ISFJ

What about Vanessa and Mark's type?