• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the differences between ENFP and INFP?

liYA

To me ENFP's are expressive and optimitic and INFP's are loners and lean towards the pessimitic side YET they both care deeply

Am I wrong?

I'm an INFP and I find that I have a hard time communicating my thoughts and feelings yet ENFP's seem almost naturals at it

Do you think the difference is simply underdeveloped interpersonal skills?

I would like to know your opinions

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
To me ENFP's are expressive and optimitic and INFP's are loners and lean towards the pessimitic side YET they both care deeply

Am I wrong?

I'm an INFP and I find that I have a hard time communicating my thoughts and feelings yet ENFP's seem almost naturals at it

:hifive: I agree. I want to connect but I end up feeling like I've made a fool of myself so I go hide in a corner and be miss lonely emo girl. I think it's tough because of the inf, your already so much in your head from being a introverted intuitive person and then add being a feeler and it's very challenging.

I think enfps are what infps are inside and with the few people that do get close to them. I'm very bubbly with my family & online but then when I get outside of my comfort zone I'm a very quiet loner.

In my case though I was raised by extroverts so I couldn't get a word in even when I wanted to.

I'm a pessimist, very doom & gloom but I'm also cheerful. I was dubbed the cheery pessimist.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I started a thread with the same title when I first joined and wasn't sure which one I was. My extraversion level is low-ish so I was kinda confused but I'm defintely optimistic and exprssive just not super talkative..well it depends but I'm not much mpre talkative than my introverted friends..I just don't have the filter they seem to have and I'm not shy about meeting new people and I rarely need time alone..and I don't think my inner world is quite as intricate as infps..I'm much more outward focused.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
No type is necessarily pessimistic. Looking at things with excessive negativity is just generally unhealthy. INFPs are probably less optimistic though in general because they spend more time thinking about things, probably due to an introverted primary judging function (Fi).

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
To me ENFP's are expressive and optimitic and INFP's are loners and lean towards the pessimitic side

pessimism/optimism have no relation to types

Jungian type is not in skills development, its nature close to so called inborn temperament

to read about types you may here: ENFP, INFP

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENFP's are more extroverted and INFP's are more introverted.:alttongue:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENFP's are more extroverted and INFP's are more introverted.:alttongue:

:thinking:

ENFPs are more engaged, they also probably seem to throw out more ideas in a more rapid manner. They usually seem to have more to contribute in terms of fueling conversation. Also, they probably seem more outwardly enthusiastic spontaneous than INFPs, which sometimes makes the ENFP look like more of an optimist.

INFPs take more in, and they don't contribute as many ideas as an ENFP probably would. I say ideas because they are both Ne-users. INFPs probably have spent more time constructing their insights to themselves than ENFPs. When asked about what they think about a particular ethical issue, I'd say it's more likely that INFPs would have already explored it in depth. An ENFP would probably be able to identify more perspectives to an issue, but an INFP would probably be more likely to stick to their guns because they've thought about it longer. While the ENFP was acting, the INFP was contemplating.

This happens between I's and E's of other types, just apply different functions.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

Am I wrong?

That's just the E, it's like cocaine but cheaper.

But seriously, I'm extremely pessimistic. (on the other hand) I don't really have to make an effort to become an optimist about certain personal things.
I have problems communicating what I want and want to say in heated moments, especially when they are personal without being too aggressive but I do WAY too well when it comes to making (superficial) good impressions on bosses, co-workers, teachers etc., I've never been able to figure out why people like me so much.
But prolonged exposure to me reveals loose cannon-ism and I end up alienating all the superficial friends I've made with the crazy.

And I think way too much. So much that I pass up doing in favor of thinking of doing.
I live in my head because if I don't I fear I'll disappear. But I've noticed that I'm more eager to share my insane inner world with people than my infp friends and that my inner world is deep but not as deep as my infps friends. And centered around something totally different. I can get completely lost in an issue and be all over it to the point of forgetting myself, sanity.

I wish I was ISFP because then I could easily turn my inner world into the reality I want them to be.