• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Napoleon Dynamite

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Napoleon: ISFP
Kip: INFP
Pedro: ISTX
Deb: INFP
Uncle Rico: ESTP
Grandma: ESTP
Summer: ESFJ
Trisha: No idea
Randy: ESXX

lol who else is there?

Tina: ISFP
Main farmer: ISTJ

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Ha interesting... such great characters in this movie!! Especially Napoleon, Kip, Pedro, Uncle Rico and Deb.

Care to give insight into why you typed them the way you did?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Pedro was an ISTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Ha interesting... such great characters in this movie!! Especially Napoleon, Kip, Pedro, Uncle Rico and Deb.

Care to give insight into why you typed them the way you did?

I know right? Everything here just works so perfectly in some sort of weird and subtle way. I can't believe that after a second viewing, I actually CARED for the aggressive, immature weirdo that is Napoleon Dynamite.

Okay, so my reasons for typing them. I didn't put much thought into these ones so I might be wrong.

Napoleon: ISFP - Antisocial, emotional and aggressive, ethically based sort of ("Follow your heart. That's what I do.") artistic and creative, but mostly focused on whatever he's doing at the time. He could be a bit N.
Kip: INFP - Has weird ideas and ambitions, childish imagination ("You ever heard anything about time travel?" "Oh yeah, I'm already looking into that for myself."), spends a lot of time alone on the internet, total adoration of Lafawnduh etc.
Pedro: ISTX - I'm thinking J now, but not sure. Very quiet and reserved, but chooses to aspire to be president. Runs activities like the pinjata thing. Rather direct, makes Summer a cake to ask her out, putting effort into it and working towards a goal. Uh... but I dunno. He's hard to type I think.
Deb: INFP - Creative and imaginative, Deb has created her own business of photoshoots, and when doing it, talks to the person in a sort of surreal way about bringing emotion to the piece. She shows a lot of Ne I think, wanting to get into college, and her interactions feel rather Fi. She's very accepting and kind.
Uncle Rico: ESTP - A (attempted) smoothtalking salesmen who creates lots of get rich schemes, is obsessed with himself and has a high confidence level and has a love of sports. Practically a stereotype.
Grandma: ESTP - Thrives on thrill and adventure, a loudmouth etc.
Summer: ESFJ - Social and focused on simple things in the now, but has clear goals and likes to be running things, even if her choices in running are for the good of herself and friends rather than all (see election speech)
Trisha: No idea
Randy: ESXX - Well he's definitely an extroverted sensor.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hilarious film, have not seen it in ages. I might watch it again and post something useful.

:smile:

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Napoleon probably has a disorder of some kind, making him much harder to type.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Nah, I'm pretty confident with ISFP, or at least IXSP. Wasn't that hard.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Napoleon: ISTP
Kip: INFP (I certainly see a lot of myself in Kip. :p )
Uncle Rico: ESTP
Deb: IxFP (Either INFP or ISFP is possible.)
Pedro: ISFJ
Summer: ESFJ
Trisha: Didn't see her personality very much in the movie to know.
LaFawndah: ENFJ

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Why do you think Deb is INTP? Not saying you're wrong. Just asking.

Sorry, I watched this movie five years ago and now I don't remember a lot... So I forget to answer...
I remember I thought she was an INTP because she is quite detached and logical (the school party-dance scene for example) and she has a good self-confidence (and not self-consciousness) and competence as photographer (the shots with uncle rico).
I got this vibe from her, INTP 5w4 sx, but she could be also INFP...
Bye Mr. Holmes!