• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mark Zuckerberg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it's much more Ti-ish (working with complex, technical systems; Te is more administrative, strategic and plan oriented)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's much more Ti-ish (working with complex, technical systems; Te is more administrative, strategic and plan oriented)

I was thinking it was SJ-ish rather than TJ-ish, and more of a T than F thing. While computers and programming are "complex", it's not a Ti type of complex. There are very specific tasks that need to be done when fixing/programming a computer, and assembling a computer is done by putting specific parts in specific locations. It's all specific, where as Ti tries to analyze things using multiple frameworks of logic and reasoning. Ti doesn't say there is just one way to do something, it tries to determine which is the best way to do something.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking it was SJ-ish rather than TJ-ish, and more of a T than F thing. While computers and programming are "complex", it's not a Ti type of complex. There are very specific tasks that need to be done when fixing/programming a computer, and assembling a computer is done by putting specific parts in specific locations. It's all specific, where as Ti tries to analyze things using multiple frameworks of logic and reasoning. Ti doesn't say there is just one way to do something, it tries to determine which is the best way to do something.

actually, that is like computer programming. for the more complex problems, there are often multiple possible answers

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, that is like computer programming. for the more complex problems, there are often multiple possible answers

It just seems too restrictive/routine to be an INTP's cup of tea.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It just seems too restrictive/routine to be an INTP's cup of tea.

it isn't at all, at least from what my friends in computer programming have told me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do they say?

I haven't asked them a great deal about it, but from what I've heard, it's actually fairly social, you usually work in groups of programmers and there is a great deal of creative problem solving (in a Ti-ish way). don't quote me on this though, I don't know a great deal about it

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't asked them a great deal about it, but from what I've heard, it's actually fairly social, you usually work in groups of programmers and there is a great deal of creative problem solving (in a Ti-ish way). don't quote me on this though, I don't know a great deal about it

I suppose my ignorance on this subject has to do with my dad only being a "hands-on" tech that just fixes computers. He doesn't program, but I have a friend who does but he hasn't yet told me about it, since I have not wanted to hear about it lol. But, from what I can tell, yes, there are multiple ways you can work the problems involved, but it's still an SJ format.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose my ignorance on this subject has to do with my dad only being a "hands-on" tech that just fixes computers. He doesn't program, but I have a friend who does but he hasn't yet told me about it, since I have not wanted to hear about it lol. But, from what I can tell, yes, there are multiple ways you can work the problems involved, but it's still an SJ format.

very broadly, I tend to think
STs: hardware/mechanical work
NTs: software/programming

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes.
Not necessarily. I think it can correlate to SJ, as well. Why don't you think so?

I think it can just not as often as with NTs

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would guess the top 5 most common ennneatypes for ISTJ would be

1) 6w5
2) 1w9
3) 9w8
4) 6w7
5) 3w2

There's more ISTJ 8w9 and 3w4 than ISTJ 6w7 and 3w2 for sure, such kinf of fit are pretty rares.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's more ISTJ 8w9 and 3w4 than ISTJ 6w7 and 3w2 for sure, such kinf of fit are pretty rares.

makes sense. (with an occasional ISTJ 8w7 like George Washington lol)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An INTP clearly.