• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Bang Theory

MerkW

You may have heard of it. 'Tis a new sit-com. It is mediocre, but it can still be amusing at times. If you have not heard of it, you may look it up on Wikipedia, Google, or some similar website.

Anyways, there are really only six characters, three of which are relatively minor. What do you assume all of their types to be?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i've only seen a couple episodes of this show, but i'll go ahead and guess anyway.
Leonard-INTP maybe J, not too sure
Sheldon-ISTJ definitely J, not too sure about s/n
Penny-ESFP

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
All I saw was one preview, but I figured at least one of those math guys has to be an INTP, right?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think Sheldon is an N. Why ISTJ?
i said i wasn't too sure about the s. I haven't seen enough episodes to be sure about his type. He could very well be an N:)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
It's on tonight at 8:30 on CBS.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah i just noticed that. im gonna watch it tonight. =) so maybe i'll have more to say after tonights episode.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It will be on in about 20 minutes. I'll watch it and post my comments.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I was just concentrating on Sheldon. He's the tallest one, right? who was drinking the diet coke?

It was interesting the way he answered when the gal came in and said she needed some guinea pigs. He took he literally and then proceeded to tell her where she could find some, and recommended a certain type. It seems like he remembers a lot of "trivial" information, in a very detailed way.

Funny how he never smiles. Very serious.

He seemed T when he was brutally honest.

He seems very J. Well, apparently, he's got OCD - showers twice a day and washes his hands frequently.

I wasn't sure if he was I or E. After he had some alcohol, he became more E.

I think that because he seems to have such a great memory, not just in one or two subjects, I'm going to guess Sheldon is an ISTJ.

MerkW

I was just concentrating on Sheldon. He's the tallest one, right? who was drinking the diet coke?

It was interesting the way he answered when the gal came in and said she needed some guinea pigs. He took he literally and then proceeded to tell her where she could find some, and recommended a certain type. It seems like he remembers a lot of "trivial" information, in a very detailed way.

He seems very J. Well, apparently, he's got OCD - showers twice a day and washes his hands frequently.

I think that because he seems to have such a great memory, not just in one or two subjects, I'm going to guess Sheldon is an ISTJ.

I'm not entirely convinced. I think he still might be INTJ. He is very speculative and radical, always pondering new ideas, such as ideas for time travel, invisibility, marketing schemes (glow-in-the-dark tampons, fish night-lights), etc. Such doesn't really seem typical of ISTJ. Any type can have a good memory.

And yes, Leonard seem either to be a shy ENTP or outgoing INTP.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Definitely! My guess is ISTJs are more pedantic than INTJs and Sheldon certainly is pedantic.

One other thing, IMHO almost all TV characters are E. A bunch of Introverts wouldn't be very interesting to watch. Anyway, my point is E vs. I is probably irrelavent when typing character from TV shows ...

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
perhaps watching a person with no personality would be no fun, but introverts are still fun people. We aren't called introverts because we are boring and don't know how to have fun, we are called introverts because we need some space to ourselves to regain some energy. We are also introverted because we are typically introspective which leads to discussions of ideas and concepts...how can that be boring?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Good point. What can I say? I have the attention span of a two year old. Depth isn't really my thing.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Sheldon is definitely an ISTJ. See episode 7, season 1. That entire episode is dedicated to Sheldon's freaky rules about every possible aspect of his life. :thumbdown:

ISTJ = I will follow the rules.

INTJ = I will make my own rules.

D

Dali

Had to resuscitate this topic because I disagree with the other posters.

Sheldon - INTJ. Autistic and possibly a savant. Very strong Te but definitely a Dom-Ni.
Leonard - iNTP
Attractive, blonde neighbour - ESFP

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheldon makes his own rules. It's not because of parental pressure or social expectancies, it's because of his own focused nature and long-range thinking.
Though Si-dominants are more likely to have a good short-term memory, this does not exclude other types. He ruthlessly applies short-term planning because of his OCD, but has an ability and a willingness to think in grand schemes ('If all of us work on this project for 10 years, we might invent xy', I don't remember the correct quote), which makes it very unlikely that he's an ISTJ.

Sheldon: INTJ
Leonard: INTP
Penny: ESFP
Raj: INTP
Leslie: INTJ
Sheldon's mom: ESFJ