• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bleach

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
There are a few mentions of Bleach characters across the forum, but as of yet the show has no thread of its own...

Main Characters

Ichigo - ISxP
Rukia - ISTJ
Orihime - INFP
Chad - ISFP
Uryu - IxTJ

Side Characters

Karin - ISTP
Yuzu - ISFJ
Kon - ESTP
Tatsuki - xSTP
Isshin - ExTx
Keigo - ESFP
Mizuiro - Ixxx
Jinta - ESTP
Ururu - ISFJ
Kisuke - xNTx

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
I'm gonna go ahead and say Uryu is an ISTJ.

I also think that Kisuke is probably some kind of xNTJ. Not sure about the E vs. I axis though. His cool guy demeanor keeps fooling me into almost saying E, but overall he seems pretty damn private. Maybe, as I watch further along in the show, it will become more apparent to me.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Any take on the Espada?

I haven't seen that far into the show yet. But I'll get back to you on that...

I'm gonna go ahead and say Uryu is an ISTJ.

I also think that Kisuke is probably some kind of xNTJ. Not sure about the E vs. I axis though. His cool guy demeanor keeps fooling me into almost saying E, but overall he seems pretty damn private. Maybe, as I watch further along in the show, it will become more apparent to me.

I think he's certainly an introvert and an NT. I'm leaning more towards NTP, though, since he seems to have a penchant for inventing shit without any specific intention of using it (unlike, say, Aizen.)

And yeah, Uryu is definitely ISTJ.

More typings:

Yoruichi - INTJ
Kenpachi - ISTP
Yachiru - ESFP
Ikkaku - ISTP
Yumichika - ESTP
Yamamoto - ISTJ
Soifon - ISxJ
Kira - INFP
Gin - IxTP
Unohana - INFJ
Hanataro - ISFx
Hinamori - ISFP
Aizen - ENTJ
Byakuya - ISTJ
Renji - ESTx
Komamura - ISFJ
Kyoraku - ENFJ
Nanao - ISTJ
Tosen - ESFJ
Hitsugaya - ENTJ
Matsumoto - ESFP
Mayuri - INTP
Nemu - ISFJ
Ukitake - ENFJ
Jidanbo - ISFP
Ganju - ESFP
Kukaku - ESTP
Isane - ISFP
Kiyone - ESTx

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
I haven't seen that far into the show yet. But I'll get back to you on that...

I think he's certainly an introvert and an NT. I'm leaning more towards NTP, though, since he seems to have a penchant for inventing shit without any specific intention of using it (unlike, say, Aizen.)

Agreed.

KDude

I think Ichigo is closer to ISFJ actually (but Chad the ISFP)

Kyoraku is a lazy ESFP, and makes for a cooler ISFP than Chad.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think Ichigo is closer to ISFJ actually (but Chad the ISFP)

Kyoraku is a lazy ESFP, and makes for a cooler ISFP than Chad.

Hmmm, why ISFJ for Ichigo? He seems to be a very Se-driven person; he's always rushing into things head-first, figuring things out during action.

KDude

Hmm.. to be fair, my mind's a little clouded from reading socionics stuff lately (the ISFj is the one with Fi-Se, and not quite as laid back as ISFp). He fits that type of Fi-Se pretty well. In MBTI, he could be a certain type of ISFP (I'm just a little confused, I guess. If you remember, I've typed myself as ISFP before. It's because of these issues).

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I skipped the series until it got to the Espada. I was bored shitless with the beginning for some reason. I thought the series had issues of stereotype then it turned out okay. Still seems off kilter but slightly more interesting now.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hmm.. to be fair, my mind's a little clouded from reading socionics stuff lately (the ISFj is the one with Fi-Se, and not quite as laid back as ISFp). He fits that type of Fi-Se pretty well. In MBTI, he could be a certain type of ISFP (I'm just a little confused, I guess. If you remember, I've typed myself as ISFP before. It's because of these issues).

Why F?

And Kyoraku may come off superficially as an ESFP (because he's lazy, playful, and a lady's man), but he seems to lead with Fe. He also does not display dominant Se, as he holds off action until it's absolutely necessary. He doesn't seem like a "let's figure it out as we go" type of person like, say, Ichigo or Zaraki.

I skipped the series until it got to the Espada. I was bored shitless with the beginning for some reason. I thought the series had issues of stereotype then it turned out okay. Still seems off kilter but slightly more interesting now.

This is true. The beginning of the series was pretty boring. It seems to be getting better as more and more characters are loaded on.

KDude

Why F?

And Kyoraku may come off superficially as an ESFP (because he's lazy, playful, and a lady's man), but he seems to lead with Fe. He also does not display dominant Se, as he holds off action until it's absolutely necessary. He doesn't seem like a "let's figure it out as we go" type of person like, say, Ichigo or Zaraki.

I think if Kyoraku was Fe, he'd be more.. not sure of the word.. not so overtly pointing towards his own interests or wants. He's plays up the lecherous behavior, regardless of where it gets him. He's not out to influence with Fe. Same goes for how he tries to talk out of fights. It has nothing to do with caring about his opponents, but just wanting to chill and drink his tea.

Ichigo goes into monologues about service more often, being there when people need him, etc.. Not so much about what's right (although that's all there indirectly). I think both ISFx can get to the same place, but the way his character is written makes it seem like his F is focused outward as a rule, not as something that stems from Fi.

"I ain’t such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes."
"The power wielded in my hand was gained for her sake!"
"Do you know why the big brother was born first? It’s to protect the little brothers and sisters that come after him."

He could be T.. he's somewhat "harsh" like one at times, but so are many ISFJs. ISFPs generally are not.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Any take on the Espada?

Okay, here goes...

Coyote Starrk - ENFJ
Baraggan Luisenbarn- xSTJ
Tia Harribel - ISTP
Ulquiorra Cifer - ISTJ (don't even try to say this fucking guy is INTJ. He's like Byakuya volume II.)
Noitra Gilga- ESTP (though I suppose I could possibly buy him as some screwed up F type.)
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez - ESTP (for sure.)
Zommari Leroux- INFJ
Szayel Aporro Granz - ExTx
Aaroniero Arruruerie - ????
Yammy Riyalgo - ESTP (a really stupid one.)

Oh, also, some of the Visored.

Shinji - ESTP
Hiyori - ESTP
Love - IxFx?
Mashiro - ESFP
Kensei - ISTP
Rojuro - IxFx?
Hachi - ISFJ
Lisa - ISTP?

Lastly, I've changed my typings of the following characters:

Yumichika - Ixxx
Soifon - ISTJ
Renji - ESTP
Tousen - ISFJ
Hitsugaya - ESTJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think if Kyoraku was Fe, he'd be more.. not sure of the word.. not so overtly pointing towards his own interests or wants. He's plays up the lecherous behavior, regardless of where it gets him. He's not out to influence with Fe. Same goes for how he tries to talk out of fights. It has nothing to do with caring about his opponents, but just wanting to chill and drink his tea.

I always get the impression that he wants to talk his way out of fights because he sees them as a pointless waste of his opponent's talents and, well, life (which seems like an Fe sentiment.) He's like the lazier version of Ukitake.

I think you're also ignoring his fairly prominent strategic side in favor of his superficial appearance. Yes, he's lazy. Yes, he likes to hit on his female subordinates. But in terms of how he tends to think and behave, he's very cautious and future oriented and can easily anticipate the enemy's moves and plan for them. Compare his character to definitive ESFPs like Keigo and Kon who have clear Se. They are worlds apart.

Ichigo goes into monologues about service more often, being there when people need him, etc.. Not so much about what's right (although that's all there indirectly). I think both ISFx can get to the same place, but the way his character is written makes it seem like his F is focused outward as a rule, not as something that stems from Fi.

"I ain’t such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes."
"The power wielded in my hand was gained for her sake!"
"Do you know why the big brother was born first? It’s to protect the little brothers and sisters that come after him."

He could be T.. he's somewhat "harsh" like one at times, but so are many ISFJs. ISFPs generally are not.

I agree that his F moments seem like Fe. Given that his most prominent traits - he's impulsive, reckless, stubborn, and extremely risk-taking - point strongly to Se, it's fairly clear that he is an SP of some sort. So what do Fe and SP together add up to? STP. And since he seems like a fairly clear-cut I, that would make him ISTP.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Coyote Starrk

_Stark_Release__by_Orenji_kun.jpg

Coyote_Starrk_by_benderZz.jpg

Too casual to be ENFJ, definitely a P at least.

KDude

I agree that his F moments seem like Fe. Given that his most prominent traits - he's impulsive, reckless, stubborn, and extremely risk-taking - point strongly to Se, it's fairly clear that he is an SP of some sort. So what do Fe and SP together add up to? STP. And since he seems like a fairly clear-cut I, that would make him ISTP.

That's an interesting take (I also overlooked the strategic side about Kyoraku btw). Is that how INTP/ISTP F is sometimes? I can imagine it also playing out in a sort of "giving in to Fe at the last minute after dissing or being lazy for awhile" kind of way (i.e. Spike Spiegel, Han Solo, or Ichabod Crane..)..which is just a stereotype and all, but Ichigo has none of that kind of Fe. He's almost sophisticated about it (even though he's pissed off half of the time). He'll even fight with his dad over rudeness :D (funnily I do this with my own dad a little.. Now that I think about it, I wonder where the hell my behavior comes from).

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I only saw the beginning of Bleach a rather long while ago, before I knew MBTI. I remember my favourite character was Rukia. I was going to get into it again, but judging by what I hear from people, it looks like it has gone the way of Naruto with pointless hypercomplexities, overpowered characters, somewhat lost it's point and just building and building upon itself to the point where it's about to collapse. Do you think it is worth putting the time into to watch the whole thing? Is it even over?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
^ Its solid.
While it does get somewhat exaggerated in its conflicts it does get interesting eventually.

I wouldn't recommend watching the whole series per say but probably its what people like to do. I tend to flick through episodes of any given series and start watching when it gets interesting and interesting is interesting for different people.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Espada are Aizens army vs the Goeti that are left and add the Vizards to the fray.

3536752774_28d0a1fba3.jpg

Goeti

vizards.jpg

Vizards

ak25mf84.jpg

Espada

I'm gonna represent the Espada graphically now. :shrug:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Something to do I guess.