• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson

Lightyear

I was thinking today what type he might have been but don't know enough about his character to come to any definite conclusions.

What is the most likely type of someone who seems very shy and introverted in person but has an extraordinary stage presence and is a born performer?

I would say definitely F and his amazing ability to dance/move also makes me think Se.

Any ideas?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm pretty sure it's been established that he's ISFP. Surely there will be someone that shows up to refute that though.

Lightyear

I never saw ISFPs as performers, I always had them pegged down as the quiet, artsy cousins of the über-charismatic ESFPs (to me the quintessential performers) who prefer to stay in the background. Guess I am wrong.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never saw ISFPs as performers, I always had them pegged down as the quiet, artsy cousins of the über-charismatic ESFPs (to me the quintessential performers) who prefer to stay in the background. Guess I am wrong.

They have a very charismatic and outgoing side, they just want people to believe they are quiet and harmless :ninja:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^ISFP can be very shy and aloof but there have been a few of them in the entertainment business. Robert DeNiro and Bob Dylan I believe are ISFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm pretty sure it's been established that he's ISFP. Surely there will be someone that shows up to refute that though.

ha... Before I opened the thread, I thought, "Probably ISFP" as my starting point. :)

... the psychological issues, though, could confuse things.

^ISFP can be very shy and aloof but there have been a few of them in the entertainment business. Robert DeNiro and Bob Dylan I believe are ISFP.

Why would you say F for DeNiro? (He doesn't seem to emote the sort of connection that ISFPs typically do, he seems to operate in a more detached fashion even if he is a definitely a kind individual.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Michelle Jackson was quite the quintessential Composer Artisan.

And hasn't this thread been done before?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Why would you say F for DeNiro? (He doesn't seem to emote the sort of connection that ISFPs typically do, he seems to operate in a more detached fashion even if he is a definitely a kind individual.)
I'm the worst person to come to for MBTI explanations. I won't even lie about that. I believe I had just read that he is ISFP...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm all for ISFP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ISFP, no doubt (except about the validity of MBTI in general, but insofar as it is not a pile of BS, he's definitely ISFP).

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I disagree.
I think Michael Jackson was an ESFP.
I think he was simply burned out- since he was in the spotlight ever since he was a child.
During the years when he was the most popular and well-adjusted, he was very comfortable with being in the outside world.
He just grew to associate the outside world with pain and began to hide more.

hommefatal

I disagree.
I think Michael Jackson was an ESFP.
I think he was simply burned out- since he was in the spotlight ever since he was a child.
During the years when he was the most popular and well-adjusted, he was very comfortable with being in the outside world.
He just grew to associate the outside world with pain and began to hide more.
hm... not sure...

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
your all wrong, he was ENTJ. This was an elaborate scheme to take over the world, he faked his own death. Youl see, all you doubters, when your moonwalking in shackles and bringing your youngest son as an offering to emperor michael youl wish oyu had believed me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
your all wrong, he was ENTJ. This was an elaborate scheme to take over the world, he faked his own death. Youl see, all you doubters, when your moonwalking in shackles and bringing your youngest son as an offering to emperor michael youl wish oyu had believed me.

I find your ideas intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Oh, and yeah, ISFP.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
No question, it's INFP.

He's very much a random imaginative N, the way he wants his music videos done (see Childhood, Leave me Alone, Earth Song, Speed Demon, etc.). He's surely an introvert, he hates the public attention and he's a very reclusive guy. He's definitely not a Sensor. The Fi is insanely evident, he's a very shy humble guy and you can see even more of the values that are rich in introverted feeling with his music videos, like Childhood for example. Actually, the music video for 'Childhood' was a great example of the FiNe in work for MJ. He played with different ideas to bring out his ultimate values.