• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dr. Laura

Jaguar

I'm well aware of who Dr. Laura is. She's been around for many years. I can't stand her moralizing bullshit and she makes me want to vomit. I enjoyed it when her nude picture scandal was in the news. It took her down a few pegs. :wink:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Then what? She has the confidence of a thinker-judger, does she not? And does she not encourage intuitive communication?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What makes you dislike her so much?

rav3n

She guards traditional values. Part of the thought police. ESxJ.

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm not very familiar with her, but she seems like an ENTJ to me.

She guards traditional values. Part of the thought police. ESxJ.

Maybe ESTJ, but not ESFJ. From everything I've seen of her, she has pretty much no Fe to speak of.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm not a fan, but she definitely seems like and ESTJ to me.

rav3n

I'm not very familiar with her, but she seems like an ENTJ to me.

Maybe ESTJ, but not ESFJ. From everything I've seen of her, she has pretty much no Fe to speak of.
I've yet to experience an ENTJ who guards traditional values if they make no logical sense.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I used to listen to her show and met her once and I think she is a ENtJ.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
How is she intuitive? What makes you guys think she's an N? She seems very SJ to me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How is she intuitive? What makes you guys think she's an N? She seems very SJ to me.

In the linked interview, she discusses the importance of non-verbal communication, of recognizing the value of judging intent over action... i.e. the bigger picture. Listen at about 2:50.

Jaguar

The woman does nothing but preach morals and values. As if there is only ONE RIGHT WAY to live your life with THOSE set of values. There's someone in a forum who claims to be ESTJ. Well, one day I caught a post of theirs before they edited it. Here's what it said: "I respect so and so, and YOU ALL SHOULD TOO!" Who the hell does that person think they are?

Laura reminds me of that nonsense. :angry:

rav3n

Cognitive functions in order of preferences:

ENTJ - Te, Ni, Se, Fi
ESTJ - Te, Si, Ne, Fi

Si = Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Introverted Sensing

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Maybe it's a good thing that I don't know enough estjs to really know the difference. Hey entjs--you be the judge.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know anything definite. But S types generally embrace tradition whereas N types don't. Obviously there exceptions, but for someone to make it their life's work to uphold traditions that aren't even logical screams SJ to me. Maybe because I've lived with so many SJ's it makes me feel this way...

sensors: practical, likes established rules, wants clear instruction, trust past experiences, accept things as they are.

Those things make me thing she is a sensor versus an intuitive.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I suppose that whenever I encounter someone who is clearly an extroverted thinker-judger acknowledging that he/she has made an error or the viewpoint of another, I'm inclined to think n. Another sign that we use all 8 functions.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Cognitive functions in order of preferences:

ENTJ - Te, Ni, Se, Fi
ESTJ - Te, Si, Ne, Fi

Si = Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Introverted Sensing

This was going to be my next point. She is the epitome of Si