• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Movies Would BOTH an INTP and ISFP Enjoy Watching

Sunny Ghost

Miyazaki is a mixed bag for me. I loved Spirited Away, but Mononoke left me cold and Nausicaa absolutely gave me hives.
IDK why I thought INTP's might like it. Maybe some do. Another ISFP I know actually recommended Princess Mononoke to me, which was my first introduction to his films.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^ I liked both Spirited Away and Mononoke (didn't see the other one mentioned)

As far as TV series (a la netflix whole series because its rare for me to have the patience to wait for a series week to week) we both quiet liked the series Weeds. Me I think for the crime and intrigue and well...the smoke. Her (ISFP) for the family drama and its dynamics and both of us for the humour.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if Dancer in the Dark (the Bjork movie) has been mentioned, but an ISFP friend of mine claims it as a favorite. It's really depressing though.....

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Huh, my ISFP sister and I enjoy a lot of the same movies. We tend to lean towards watching comedies and animated films together (she's an enthusiastic animation geek).

Off the top of my head, I know she's obsessed with:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Rudy
Ratatouille
The Blues Brothers
Back to the Future (who doesn't love that movie, though?)
Unbreakable (remember the days when Shyamalan made good movies?)
How To Train Your Dragon
Most Miyazaki films
Paprika

And she recently undertook the noble task of introducing someone to Ghostbusters for the first time (which I approved of 100%). ;D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to give a slightly more exotic answer, I would think a lot of both INTPs and ISFPs would enjoy a good nature documentary of some sort.
INTPs like things that are technical, mentally engaging and scientific; ISFPs like nature and animals (many good animal documentaries also have a fair amount of action, this would likely also entertain the ISFP)

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Perhaps 2001: A Space Odyssey?

I'm thinking heavy use of symbolism, multiple possibilities of interpretation, stunning visuals and virtuos craftsmanship would be enough to entertain the both, or any type who appreciates good film.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honey, I shrunk the kids

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sofia Coppola is a fantastic director, and she's ISFP. Her films are breathtaking, and one of them is based on history and another on a brilliant novel.

The Virgin Suicides - an amazing film but it's got a darkness to it, and you said your gf likes really positive stuff

Marie Antoinette - the ISFP *may* like this more than you, this is one of my favorite films, it's very visually interesting, but some people have rejected it for being too light-hearted and artistically altered to be a proper historical drama, and as an INTP you might be one of those people

Lost in Translation - I'm pretty sure you'd both like this one, if you haven't already seen it

In addition to the Sofia Coppola films, The Royal Tenenbaums is another film I think both an ISFP and INTP would like.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
to give a slightly more exotic answer, I would think a lot of both INTPs and ISFPs would enjoy a good nature documentary of some sort.
INTPs like things that are technical, mentally engaging and scientific; ISFPs like nature and animals (many good animal documentaries also have a fair amount of action, this would likely also entertain the ISFP)

I think this is a really great suggestion!