• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mike krzyzewski (coach k)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm thinking 3w4 so type, either so/sx or so/sp.

i'm guessing enfj. maybe istp?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
infp

also see Steve Carell (however you spell his name)

so/sx?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So upon extensive thought, I'm convinced infp 3w4 so/sx is pretty congruent with the image he presents.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i changed my mind with carrell to enfp 7w6 so/sp.

coach k is all motivational speaker, buying into the group, pretty flexible and more of a talent maximizer than an xs and os guy, emphasis on excellence, achievement, etc.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How would you paraphrase your understanding of differences between 3s & 7s? so/sx & so/sp? What are the roadsigns?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
As a Duke student- I'd say that Coach K is probably a SO 1w9.
He's more so motivated by perfectionism than by being admired by others.
My guess, in terms of type, is INFJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always taken him to be INFJ for some reason. He has that level of irascibility and slightly submerged Fe.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, i see his best skill in motivating others to believe that they can achieve. which seems 3w4 to me more than 1w9. i know a 1w9 so/sp infj who ultimately seems warmer and somewhat more down-to-earth than coach k. not as if that's a knock, bc coach k seems great at mobilizing people/talent and getting them to completely buy in to the group project. but he seems like he does it in a way that's less measured and deliberate than an infj and more extroverted, energetic, and taking the lead. like he's supplying the energy more than just shaping it or responding to it.

i could maybe see phil jackson as a 1w9. he's tough to pin down, tho intj seems well established. he seems so much more self-enclosed, amused, internally focused than coach k.

candylandjoe, i see 7 as more focused on excitement, enthusiasm, and especially novelty. 3 optimism is focused more on reward than potential, plans, etc. 3 mobilizes more completely, and it falls in love with the experience of performance, rising to meet challenges, etc. 7 falls in love with spontaneous energy, passion, excitement, the wealth of possibilities that emerge and how much meaning can congeal into one huge explosive force.