• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Bell Jar

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been re-reading The Bell Jar over the past few days and wondering what Esther Greenwood and some of the other minor characters' types are. Still somewhat at the beginning so many of the later characters aren't freash in my mind:

Esther: Sylvia Plath was most likely an INFJ, but I'm not sure that this "reimagining" of herself is. Sometimes the character reflects on these tiny little details and memories of her childhood and applies them to her present experience in a way that reminds me of Si. Other times she seems reminiscent of an INTJ. The evident mental health problems don't help really help that much in typing.

Buddy Willard: ESTJ, I recognize this off the bat. He's described as active, practical, and refers to poetry as "pieces of dust." In many ways he reminds me of my boyfriend, with alternating loyal and abrasive qualities.

Doreen: EXTP. Strikes me as cynical observer with a healthy need for adventure/action.

Mrs. Greenwood: ISXJ

Jay Cee (editor for the fashion magazine): ENTJ