• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

God in fiction

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bruce Almighty/Evan Almighty- INFJ
Bedazzled- ENFJ
Joan of Arcadia- ENFP
Dogma- ISFP
South Park- INTP
Old Testament- ENTJ
New Testament- ENFP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glad you like it.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
God is so ENTJ. I've thinking what type he'd be. He's the perfect puppet master.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
In Joan of Arcadia I'd say ENTJ. The others seem right as far as I can recall.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cool thread :)

But I'd disagree with the Extravert God in the old and new testament. He always chooses a human to do the talking to the public for him... what's that with all those prophets. If he does something directly to the world, it's extremely hard to interpret. Other sources cite other gods as the origin, even while God hates other gods to the extreme.
So INTJ in old testament - though he has some S traits too: look at all the details he's nitpicking about eg in Numbers.
and INFJ in new testament. Jesus is, I guess, ENFP. He's way more extravert than God (well he DOES all the talking for God).

What about God in the Simpsons?

Moreover, is this thread only about how Jewish/Christian God is seen in fiction? Because there are many more gods out there :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool thread :)

But I'd disagree with the Extravert God in the old and new testament. He always chooses a human to do the talking to the public for him... what's that with all those prophets.
True, but at the same time he does seem to like dropping down to Earth to talk to people when he's bored. Like dropping down to say "sup" to Moses through the burning bush, even though he obviously had no interest in saving his "chosen' people as he hadn't done so in centuries past. Then there's the fact he created the whole goddamn universe because he was lonely. An INTJ would likely have been content to be alone with his thoughts for eternity.

What about God in the Simpsons?
I don't remember him well enough to type. Got any guesses?

Moreover, is this thread only about how Jewish/Christian God is seen in fiction? Because there are many more gods out there
The thread is about the Judeo-Christian god, yes -- the only one whose name itself is God (other deities have given names). You can add any other deities you'd like though. I thought of typing depictions of Satan, but that'd get tedious -- they're nearly all ENTJ.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
The thread is about the Judeo-Christian god, yes -- the only one whose name itself is God (other deities have given names).
Then you've got to add the Muslim God too, because Allah means 'god'.
I thought of typing depictions of Satan, but that'd get tedious -- they're nearly all ENTJ.
Really? I thought he was a Perceiver. Doesn't think things through, that Satan guy... Trying to overthrow somebody who's almighty?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I thought he was a Perceiver. Doesn't think things through, that Satan guy... Trying to overthrow somebody who's almighty?
NTJs are very often arrogant enough to think they can manage it. ;) And who's to say an immortal Ni user won't eventually find the way to do so?