• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Salvador Dali

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
the subject of the artwork seems more heavily Ni. also, verbally he seems less like an ISFP. not that we're completely incapable of articulating thoughts and ideas, but just that it's really difficult for us to and requires a lot of work in that area.

i know of one ENFP specifically that heavily focuses on colors in art. i don't think the color choice for the print job makes him necessarily an Se. also, my exboyfriend was an INFP and one of the most incredible artist i know of. keep in mind that type is our natural instinct of moving through the world, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of using our senses if we're intuitive, or being intuitive even if more often we really on our senses.

another note, i read an amazing article about people with high creativity. The Creative Personality | Psychology Today it says that creative types are often pretty balanced or go through phases of introvertedness and extrovertedness, which would make it harder to type someone like Dali who has shown he's gone through phases of both. however, i'm thinking that someone so drawn in to their own dream world might be more of an introvert. i have nothing really to base this on, as i'm a bit biased being more of an introvert myself that is very in tune with my own dreams.

Thanks for the link! :)

It is possible to be way off into your own head and still be E. I'm that way. I think Dali was E because he did not hesitate sharing his crazy inner world with the outside world.

I have a Dali story that supports some extroversion: back in the 20s and 30s the Marx Bros were all the rage with the surrealists. Especially Harpo; it's not hard to see why, Harpo was ethereal. I've read of artists developing man crushes on him. Dali was one of these artists.

He sent Harpo a Harp made of barbed wired and Harpo posed for him.

They even did a rough outline of a script together (the most bizarre thing you'll ever read but something I'd totally like to see). As suddenly as it started, their connection faded. [insert odd projection about the chinese zodiac and Dali's con man tendencies, here]

Sketch from the script:
Ta5.jpg

http://www.marx-brothers.org/graphics/the_arts.jpg <---- The portrait. Remote image linking is bad and I am lazy.

arts-graphics-2007_1178760a.jpg

According to Dali, when he arrived at Harpo's place Harpo presented himself. ...ummm. ..it's been awhile since I've read Harpo Speaks or the thing where I got this from but. ...you know how seraphs are nude and often in a bed of roses? Kinda like that.
I'd love to know Harpo's type.

5530-39062.jpg

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

man, this dali guy... im back in the ENxP boat for him again. i have known of some ENFP's who would retreat every now and then.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
man, this dali guy... im back in the ENxP boat for him again. i have known of some ENFP's who would retreat every now and then.

Yeah. ...this is fun! :)
I really like Dali so I won't project ENFP-ness on him. But it would be cool. .. .. ENTP?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's common, we're rather introverted for an extrovert type. I mean it's weird -- I myself get very, very energized by being with other people but there are times when I'm feeling really depressed and I don't wanna see anybody. But then the feeling dissipates instantly once I'm actually out with friends, like it was never there.

Sunny Ghost

I think it's common, we're rather introverted for an extrovert type. I mean it's weird -- I myself get very, very energized by being with other people but there are times when I'm feeling really depressed and I don't wanna see anybody. But then the feeling dissipates instantly once I'm actually out with friends, like it was never there.

agreed, you guys really are the most introverted of the extroverted. haha. which is funny, as my type and ISTP is the most extroverted of the introverts. do ENTP's have that same sort of nature as ENFP's? that need to retreat sometimes? seems like they would... being the scientists and what not, it seems as though they'd require time to mull through their thoughts, no?

i'm bad at typing... aleksei, how can we determine if dali is Fi dom or Ti dom? i think we're on the right track with ENxP.

Chloe

he's entp..... typical NTP artist..... like Klimt, and like my friend :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
agreed, you guys really are the most introverted of the extroverted. haha. which is funny, as my type and ISTP is the most extroverted of the introverts. do ENTP's have that same sort of nature as ENFP's? that need to retreat sometimes? seems like they would... being the scientists and what not, it seems as though they'd require time to mull through their thoughts, no?
Well yeah, ENTPs tend to be kind of introverted as well... not necessarily because they need time to mull things over, but rather because they just often don't want to be around people, unless they're involved in an intellectually stimulating discussion, or they need to bounce some of their crazy ideas off somebody. Ne is funny like that.

i'm bad at typing... aleksei, how can we determine if dali is Fi dom or Ti dom? i think we're on the right track with ENxP.
Well, if he's ENxP then he'd be Ti or Fi-aux, not dom. ;) Per your question, there are a number of distinguishing marks between Ti and Fi users. Generally speaking Ti-using artists and performers tend to look as if they're fucking with people. There tends not to be much semblance of emotion in their works. Weird Al and Jon Lajoie, for example, write comedy, as opposed to the deeply charged lyrics written by David Draiman (ENFP). In that sense Dalí could seem more like an ENTP, but I thought F, as I said before, based on how domineering the guy was. He could be either type though.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Why narrow it down to one type? People test positive for different types at different points in their lives.

Chloe

Yeah, total T. ...

5%20Salvador%20Dali%282%29.jpg

I'm turning my chips in. ...ENFP for me.

what am I missing, why does picture say F? :huh::huh:

you should really meet my INTP friend to see how passionate and even empathic he is, but still, he's definitely INTP. No NF bone in him. Passion =/= NF

and watch movie about Klimt... :)

Actually ISFP's are the "typical" artists .. and that is what Dali is listed as

ISFP..

Typical artist for NTP. Not saying all of them are NTPs, but he matches very good NTP artists that I know.

and No, Dali wasnt S, wth, did you read his biography? Read it. He had very abstract interests.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
what am I missing, why does picture say F? :huh::huh:

you should really meet my INTP friend to see how passionate and even empathic he is, but still, he's definitely INTP. No NF bone in him. Passion =/= NF

and watch movie about Klimt... :)

Typical artist for NTP. Not saying all of them are NTPs, but he matches very good NTP artists that I know.

and No, Dali wasnt S, wth, did you read his biography? Read it. He had very abstract interests.

No he was an S.. an ISFP.. with tertiary Ni.

I will explain again.. He had a sensing "preference" that does not mean he is void of N functions. I am sure like everyone he used both.. so despite his sensing preference, he would still have some N tendencies, and with N tendencies he would be attracted to N type things as well as S type things.
Nobody is 100% one function.. It's humanly impossible.
Therefore all sorts of S's are into Philosophy, Psychology, Typology, abstract thinking and symbolism.
Go ask some INFJs about consistency and concrete concepts.

I am not going to stop hammering this point home until self professed N's stop seeing S's as hairless monkeys.
What goes on these types of threads is gross, irresponsible misinformation.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am not going to stop hammering this point home until self professed N's stop seeing S's as hairless monkeys.

That's probably a reaction to how N is treated in the world; like the bumbling half formed child of some sort incapable of living or doing anything "important". That's how S people treat me and other N people. Here, we can make fun of them and get back at them for making fun of us.

Chloe

self professed Ns?

so it's okay that you call me that i might not be N, but I cant call Dali an N. wtf.

i could very well be an S but i still think he was an N.

the day when i find out I am an S I will buy drinks to everybody because I will be celebrating.

and i dont know Ss who are very interested in theoretical math. No. I dont.

And we can never know his type for sure, but it's not okay from you to claim we type him as N because "Ss cant be smart".

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
That's probably a reaction to how N is treated in the world; like the bumbling half formed child of some sort incapable of living or doing anything "important". That's how S people treat me and other N people. Here, we can make fun of them and get back at them for making fun of us.

That's funny..

People think I am a bit weird, crazy ,different and contrary but nobody laughs at me unless I tell a joke.
Maybe it's not sensors, but rather your own social skills that alienate you?

This is a question not a statement.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, total T. ...

5%20Salvador%20Dali%282%29.jpg
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=839DO8-0cY8"]Jon Lajoie - Too Fast[/YOUTUBE]

Never underestimate how weird Ne Ti can be.

Actually ISFP's are the "typical" artists .. and that is what Dali is listed as

ISFP..
Most websites have George Bush listed as ESTJ. It's rather narrow-minded to just take official listed types at face value...

No he was an S.. an ISFP.. with tertiary Ni.

I will explain again.. He had a sensing "preference" that does not mean he is void of N functions. I am sure like everyone he used both.. so despite his sensing preference, he would still have some N tendencies, and with N tendencies he would be attracted to N type things as well as S type things.
So then, why do you think his art is Se + Ni work, rather than Ne + Si work?

When did this happen (in this thread)?

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's funny..

People think I am a bit weird, crazy ,different and contrary but nobody laughs at me unless I tell a joke.
Maybe it's not sensors, but rather your own social skills that alienate you?

This is a question not a statement.

No need to get insulting. Seems like you came in this thread with a bone to pick.
Your problem with Ns is not my problem. I'm proud to be an N and I'm proud I recognize how being N makes me "different". You don't know me personally so there's no reason for you to be "that way" and come off as combative when there's no overt "S people suck" overtones in this thread. That's a statement.

I focus on the big picture. I am not satisfied with what other people are satisfied with. I use intuition a lot. That makes me WAY different than all the others acting without thoughts.

I'm also a 22 year old female. That puts me way down on the "people to take seriously" list. I'm all odd, "artsy" and "spacey". Everyone else is all about what they can see and touch and don't want to know anymore about the world. I do, that makes me weird. I also live in a very close minded conservative community (the southern baptist black community) and if you don't do as the crowd does you get your race card taken away from you by people who are so ignorant what they don't know could fill outerspace. I know a whole lot about being alienated, never fitting in with any group I come across because of my race, my gender no matter how hard I try or how knowledgeable about everything I force myself to become. No matter how buttoned down and "rational" I have to be in public, no go. I am constantly told I'm ugly, I'm too different and I should take "my different ass" and go get my hair straightened and listen to Gucci Mane like the rest of the black kids but you know what. ..not gonna do it. I'm not going to suddenly claim to believe in God and buy into all the AFrican American false hope in a magical entity to fix all our problems just so my community will respect me.

All of that is why I'm not respected. Being quiet, respectful and smart is a great way to get yourself outcast from this place and I did that a long time ago. Too bad I look to be about 13, then others would take me seriously but. ...no dice.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
No need to get insulting. Seems like you came in this thread with a bone to pick.
Your problem with Ns is not my problem. I'm proud to be an N and I'm proud I recognize how being N makes me "different". You don't know me personally so there's no reason for you to be "that way" and come off as combative when there's no overt "S people suck" overtones in this thread. That's a statement.

I focus on the big picture. I am not satisfied with what other people are satisfied with. I use intuition a lot. That makes me WAY different than all the others acting without thoughts.

I wasn't being insulting.. I asked a question. I am sorry you feel insulted.. but if you do. that's about you. not about me.

No there is no S's suck going ... It's more the N's rule, which when distilled, means the exact same thing.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wasn't being insulting.. I asked a question. I am sorry you feel insulted.. but if you do. that's about you. not about me.

No there is no S's suck going ... It's more the N's rule, which when distilled, means the exact same thing.

Yeah, you came in here with an agenda. Quote it ...show us where someone insinuated S's were "hairless monkeys". Where is the offensive diatribe in question? Did you just need to get it off your chest?