• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Salvador Dali

Sunny Ghost

What's his type?

salvador-dali1.jpg

Sunny Ghost

I'd agree that ENxx is right. However, I can't say I know enough to determine more, either. ENTP seems like a good match.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
I've heard ISFP pretty consistantly. I could see it, or maybe EN_P.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My employer used to own a large printing company and met Dali before he died -says the man was crazy, seemed kind of controlling too - demanded that the dies be changed on a print job at the last minute to give gold or silver overlay, but apparently the outcome was beautiful. That indicates to me Se and Te, possibly. xSFP?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live in Florida, and am here to tell you that the "Salvador Dali Museum" is located in the city of St. Petersburg.

It is a sight worth any amount of time and money you could ever spend to go there, or to get in. His work is surreal and amazing in picture books, and when you see it in real life, it will blow your fuicking mind about four universes away from our own.

The "Hallucinogenic Torreador" has always been a favorite of mine. I loved it in books when I was a kid, as it was just so deep, and wild, and so eloquently sewn together:
160627d1269311806-post-your-favorite-psychedelic-art-hallucinogenic-toreador-1969-70.jpg

Now, imagine having a life long love of this painting, and then walking up on it as I meandered through a hallway of the museum, walking out into a huge, open room the size of a ballroom in Cinderella's castle, and then seeing the portrait in real life hung from the ceiling to down near the floor. It is FUCKING MASSIVE. Go to Dali's museum before your time on this Earth ends, regardles of his MBTI type, you will not regret it. :worthy:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree as to ENTP. Wacky brilliant guy.

Chloe

didnt he live in isolation until he met Gala? i think introvert, he was attention whore but i believe it was cos he was enneagram 4 and "special".. he was also self-absorbed
edit: actually i am not so sure after reading a bit he could be E too... he was too wacky to be sure about that.

he was NP. p is obvious, biography says he was very interested in math so N is also sure,imo.

intp or entp, intp more likely

edit: i watched movie about Klimt and he was totally, at least in movie, INTP and 4.

edit2: not to mention that my friend who is INTP and 4 (confirmed both by him, he knows about mbti a lot) is replica of both dali and klimt, i couldnt believe when i watched movie about klimt, and my friend is also a painter. lovely

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

i'm leaning on the ENFP or ENTP side. i wonder if there are any movie biography's or just biography's on him... must search now.

Sunny Ghost

just found this quote: "Dalí had an older brother, born nine months before him, also named Salvador, who died of gastroenteritis. Later in his life, Dalí often related the story that when he was five years old, his parents took him to the grave of his older brother and told him he was his brother's reincarnation. In the metaphysical prose he frequently used, Dalí recalled, "[we] resembled each other like two drops of water, but we had different reflections." He "was probably a first version of myself, but conceived too much in the absolute."

Chloe

just found this quote: "Dalí had an older brother, born nine months before him, also named Salvador, who died of gastroenteritis. Later in his life, Dalí often related the story that when he was five years old, his parents took him to the grave of his older brother and told him he was his brother's reincarnation. In the metaphysical prose he frequently used, Dalí recalled, "[we] resembled each other like two drops of water, but we had different reflections." He "was probably a first version of myself, but conceived too much in the absolute."

great way to encourage development of personality disorder in kid.:newwink:

i doubt he was NF, NTP.....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still think ENFP. What marm said seems indeed indicative of Te, and his art was frankly too, erm... weird, for Se.

Chloe

This? So self-absorbed artist indicates Te??

I dont think so, my INTP friend is all this, very critical and demanding and bossy and he's complete INTP. (hates my NF shit)....... and enneagram 4.

My employer used to own a large printing company and met Dali before he died -says the man was crazy, seemed kind of controlling too - demanded that the dies be changed on a print job at the last minute to give gold or silver overlay, but apparently the outcome was beautiful. That indicates to me Se and Te, possibly. xSFP?

Chloe

in theoretical math?

yes, there is huge correlation mathematicians being N. I didnt read it somewhere, I saw it with my own eyes, 99% of high rank mathematicians are N.
No prejudice there.

and..many other things clearly say N, so math is irrelevant

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This? So self-absorbed artist indicates Te??

I dont think so, my INTP friend is all this, very critical and demanding and bossy and he's complete INTP. (hates my NF shit)....... and enneagram 4.
Why NT though? Where's his Ti?

Sunny Ghost

the subject of the artwork seems more heavily Ni. also, verbally he seems less like an ISFP. not that we're completely incapable of articulating thoughts and ideas, but just that it's really difficult for us to and requires a lot of work in that area.

i know of one ENFP specifically that heavily focuses on colors in art. i don't think the color choice for the print job makes him necessarily an Se. also, my exboyfriend was an INFP and one of the most incredible artist i know of. keep in mind that type is our natural instinct of moving through the world, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of using our senses if we're intuitive, or being intuitive even if more often we really on our senses.

another note, i read an amazing article about people with high creativity. The Creative Personality | Psychology Today it says that creative types are often pretty balanced or go through phases of introvertedness and extrovertedness, which would make it harder to type someone like Dali who has shown he's gone through phases of both. however, i'm thinking that someone so drawn in to their own dream world might be more of an introvert. i have nothing really to base this on, as i'm a bit biased being more of an introvert myself that is very in tune with my own dreams.