• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prince (aka the Artist Formerly Known As...)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you kidding me? you find fi non pretentious? well i think you're not paying attention... :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I find this very deep and artistical personally.

Yeah...it is artistic, in a very Se way, though deep is not exactly the word I would use.

I think Fi is, with Si the least pretentious function. Ni, Fe, Ti and Se are pretentious.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Fi can be any number of things...it can be open and authentic, or pretentious and "oh you don't understand glorious me." Note the association of INFP with self-absorbed, rebellious teenagers...that's because of Fi dominance.

Fi can be very simple and sweet, but it isn't always.

Si can be pretentious, too. Look at Andy Warhol, or my ex bf. They can potentially be collectors and connoisseurs who are very snotty about their own personal aesthetic taste.

I believe you are relying on stereotypes a bit.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you kidding me? you find fi non pretentious? well i think you're not paying attention... :laugh:

Potentially it is when connected with Te. But also, Fi-dom seem to be either quiet either socially awkward while Prince have strong social skills.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally...i'm not pretentious in the way that money and status impress me but i definitely can be about my own personal aesthetic or artistic tastes.

KDude

I'm sorry I just don't see Fe.

504486-_dave_chappelle_as_prince1_super.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay look...in all seriousness, Prince embraced Se too much at a very young age to be INFJ. He never seemed to reject Se in any way, but rather embraced it and flaunted it proudly. He's so sexy...I mean he just is, and it's in a very in your face kind of way...he also has incredible image and style. Always has, since Purple Rain.

I think he became more Ni as he got older, which is why he got so weird later in life, and then became spiritual. The Te also showed up later in life too, and his early outbursts of temper could be Fi/Se ISFP rage.

KDude

Actually, I'm confused between the two. Same goes for Lady Gaga.

rav3n

INFP. Not seeing much Fe in him and the controlling part might be baby Te in action.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not confused at all, and I wonder if it's because I'm older and remember young Prince more clearly.

I mean thinking about him in the beginning of his career as an INFJ actually makes me want to ...howl.

I'm with Cascadeco on that one. Just like, lolwut?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hopefully you're being serious. He's a self-made man, a law unto himself (or so he likes to imagine), takes after esfp James Brown, isfp Joni, sp/so e54 intp Hendrix and so/sp infj Santana (if we're incorporating other's types here - mentions he prefers Santana to Hendrix, which further supports my stackings theory), AND an enneagram 1, coupled with a 2 wing and sx/sp stacking, resulting in this preachy, ridiculously over the top lustfreak we're all familiar with. You're clearly not considering as many angles as you could.

Another thing. Do you know who he borrowed his "patented" guitar design from? Todd Rundgren. so/sp e54 infj.
Toddinside1.jpg

gold%20symbol%20guitar_31.jpg

Check it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Where is the rejection of the inferior? It's non-existent.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Womp womp didlierydoo harlieominoa zi whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, you have no argument for his rejection of Se. Many young INFJs make me feel like I'm the freaking whore of Babylon or something (no offense to them, but it's true), therefore it's very difficult for me to imagine one being like Prince, though I do know they can be sexy...it's in this more understated and ethereal manner... it's not as blatant Se...Prince practically screws people right in front of you. Young Prince reminds me of a stripper or a drag queen.

Although I must admit, he did look really hot in eyeliner twenty years ago.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You're still sticking solely to mbti. Why?

Loving the stories though, so please continue.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Good point. As an Sx first, we can reasonably think that his sexual instinct was hurt in childhood, and so, was driven to develop Se in order to increase his sex-appeal. But his Se is strictly submit to his Ni, very ethereal and big picture oriented. Plus, he was helped to master his Se by a strict discipline in learning of performing art since his childhood, an education that most part of INFJs did'nt benefit. I think that could explain a lot.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Speed, what's your thinking behind his being e4?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not any really. But he's always typed as a 4 by professinals and I can hardly see how he could be of another type. MJ was a 4w3 also, but So/Sx.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Loving the stories though, so please continue.

Are you saying he's Socionics INFj? Dude, that's totally different.

Still, you aren't making an argument for rejection of Se.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are you saying he's Socionics INFj? Dude, that's totally different.

Still, you aren't making an argument for rejection of Se.

I am. Different systems describing the same objects. Neener neener. Socionics EII - intuitive subtype.

No, I haven't, mostly because the evidence for e1 is far too pertinent, which eliminates isfp outright.

You're kinda nitpicking about the inferior Se.

Seems like we're all stuck in the cement mixing pot together today, doesn't it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A Socionics INFj is totally different than a Jungian Ni/Fe/Ti/Se so this entire argument has been pointless. :rolleyes:

He could very easily be a 4w3, though.

I don't think I'm nit-picking at all since Se is SUCH A HUGE FUCKING PART OF HIS PERSONALITY.

Anyway...