• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barney Frank

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I found this about him on Wikipedia.

"Frank is known for his quick wit and self-deprecating sense of humor. In one famous quip he said he was unable to complete his review of the Starr Report detailing President Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky, complaining that it was "too much reading about heterosexual sex". In 2004 and again in 2006, a survey of Capitol Hill staffers published in Washingtonian gave Frank the title of the "brainiest", "funniest", and "most eloquent" member of the House. He is also widely considered to be one of the most powerful members of Congress. Josh Gottheimer describes Frank as "one of the brightest and most energetic defenders of civil rights issues.""

What do you think his type is?
I'm thinking ENFJ or ENFP- leaning towards ENFP actually.
He has strong personal values and seems to rely more on Fi than Fe but he's not an Introvert.

Liesl

Well, I'll tell you what. Per the quotations on his WikiQuote page (Barney Frank - Wikiquote), he seems to embody Fi and is most likely xNFP rather than xSFP.

"In a free society a large degree of human activity is none of the government's business. We should make criminal what's going to hurt other people and other than that we should leave it to people to make their own choices."

"Questioner: Why do you continue to support a Nazi policy as Obama has expressly supported this policy? Why are you supporting it?
Frank: When you ask me that question I am gonna revert to my ethnic heritage and answer your question with a question: On what planet do you spend most of your time? [...] As you stand there with a picture of the President defaced to look like Hitler, and compare the effort to increase health care to the Nazis, my answer to you is, as I said before, it is a tribute to the First Amendment that this kind of vile, contemptible nonsense is so freely propagated. Ma'am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table: I have no interest in doing it."

Seems like he uses Ne. As for introversion/extraversion, I can't quite tell yet.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
He sounds pretty awesome. He handed her ass back to her in that last quote.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
He sounds pretty awesome.

A lot of politicians SOUND awesome. :alttongue:

Truth is, the quote posted about government staying out of people's lives is a joke when you match against Frank's record of voting in favor of more government control over virtually every part of our lives.

As for type I would guess either SJ or NT. He's been in Congress a long time, and most SPs would get bored earlier. And NFs would get sick of the corrupt system a lot quicker. I really believe there are very few NFs that stay in elected offices very long, besides maybe stuff like small town mayor.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Now I'm feeling pretty certain about ENFP.
I think an Introvert wouldn't have made as transparent as a public image as Barney Frank does. The guy is an open book.