• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing characters vs. actors

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you have a preference? If so, why?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i always type the person and not the part. i think part of what makes a character convincing is having an actor and a part fit via psychology.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I do the same, maybe because actors tend to be unconvincing and/or so many choose/settle on roles that don't deviate from their others.

I think I search for common cues across the quadras, in terms of how one seems when he/she activates another/is activated. Maybe I'm looking for signs so I'll feel more prepared when a real life situation presents itself. I think an argument can be made in favor of scenes that bring together duality partners, just out of the sheer effectiveness/sincerity they can potentially radiate, a moment that'll last in our memories, that we can share with our kids and eventually, gradually bleed into society like a fairy tale.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Characters, because I usually don't care about actors' personalities or lives. Why would I, when I'll never meet them or communicate and they won't affect my life in any way? So I have very little interest in interviews, etc.

Characters, though, you get to know as the film progresses. It is true that many actors seem to play similar characters (letting their personality out, often), though this isn't always true.