• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Toy Story 3

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Like most Pixar movies, the main characters were very well-developed.

Woody: ENFJ
Buzz Lightyear: ISTJ
Jessie: ESFP
Lotso: ENTJ
Mr. Potato Head: ESTP
Mrs. Potato Head: ESFJ
Rex: ISFP
Hamm: ENTP
Slinky Dog: ISFJ
Barbie: ESFJ
Ken: ESFJ
Andy: INFP

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll present my analysis. I thought a lot about all of them.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Part of me wonders if Lotso is a deeply disillusioned and angry F.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Part of me wonders if Lotso is a deeply disillusioned and angry F.

Me too.
He reminds me of the stereotypical cult leader type...which is I think ENFJ?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Woody: ESFJ

ESFJ would be my second guess. Woody is clearly Fe-dominant. However, Woody seems to trust his intuition a lot. He's willing to take risks to do what he thinks is right.. not that an ESFJ wouldn't do this too but this is more NF-behavior. He considers Andy as an ideal of what is good for toys and was unable to compromise his beliefs at all in the third movie.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Me too.
He reminds me of the stereotypical cult leader type...which is I think ENFJ?

I've thought about ENFJ for Lotso too but he didn't rule Sunnyside as a cult leader. He was more like a prison warden. He didn't really use any Fe to get others on his side. He lied to Big Baby and Chuckles to get them on his side- if what he said was true, the other toys would have similar reasons to be disappointed as he was. Most of the other toys, he seemed to simply intimidate into obeying him or manipulating them in some way.. this, I think, shows more Te than Fe. No toy was particularly disappointed when Lotso was gone- if he was a ENFJ who strongly appealed to others' emotions, I think at least one toy would have been saddened by his departure.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've thought about ENFJ for Lotso too but he didn't rule Sunnyside as a cult leader. He was more like a prison warden. He didn't really use any Fe to get others on his side. He lied to Big Baby and Chuckles to get them on his side- if what he said was true, the other toys would have similar reasons to be disappointed as he was. Most of the other toys, he seemed to simply intimidate into obeying him or manipulating them in some way.. this, I think, shows more Te than Fe. No toy was particularly disappointed when Lotso was gone- if he was a ENFJ who strongly appealed to others' emotions, I think at least one toy would have been saddened by his departure.
Well, that is if he had healthier Fe.
Fe as a very demanding state where a person becomes very insistent about how things should be, intolerant of groups, creates a very us vs. them attitude, prejudices, and labeling. Unhealthy Fe can also take the form of being aggressively dogmatic.
Although Lotso doesn't necessarily go that far (it's a Pixar movie) I see him forming a me vs. everyone else attitude after being abandoned. I found him to also be very manipulative (unhelathy ENFJ trait).

But I can see the T in him also. I just felt like arguing against it :cheese:

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Lotso actually seemed sort dogmatic to me. He repeated his sort of toy version of militant nihilism over and over again in some form or the other, usually very emotionally and forcefully ('we're just trash', 'where's your kid now', etc). When he had his big "we're all just trash" speech, even years after the incident, he seemed to me to have a lot of pain in his voice. He probably engendered a similar opinion in most of the other 'evil' Sunnyside toys (many of whom were recently abandoned themselves and looking for an explanation) and emotionally manipulated them into latching onto the beliefs he held himself. After all, without his influence, the others seemed to be able to shed their cruelty and apparently whatever sort of thinking caused it. Before he left, however, none of the other toys seemed to be morally unsure of what they were doing.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Lotso actually seemed sort dogmatic to me. He repeated his sort of toy version of militant nihilism over and over again in some form or the other, usually very emotionally and forcefully ('we're just trash', 'where's your kid now', etc). When he had his big "we're all just trash" speech, even years after the incident, he seemed to me to have a lot of pain in his voice. He probably engendered a similar opinion in most of the other 'evil' Sunnyside toys (many of whom were recently abandoned themselves and looking for an explanation) and emotionally manipulated them into latching onto the beliefs he held himself. After all, without his influence, the others seemed to be able to shed their cruelty and apparently whatever sort of thinking caused it. Before he left, however, none of the other toys seemed to be morally unsure of what they were doing.

That's all true. I can see the argument for very unhealthy Fe but all of this can be explained by Te. It's not like Thinkers are devoid of emotions. He also seemed motivated by a desire to have power over others. The "traumatic experience" left him powerless and he found a way to gain some kind of power back. I could see the argument for ENFJ but I think ENTJ is more likely, especially given the ending and other things which happened in the movie.
For instance, he wasn't able to convince Buzz that he was just "trash" now. Lotso had to find another way to get Buzz on his side- one which didn't require Fe at all but Te (or even Ti..). With that said, I can see ENTJ or ENFJ.
Of course, Pixar couldn't make the villain seem too sympathetic- Lotso had his chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the other toys but instead he chose to be as cruel as ever. He was more focused on his survival than on trying to get over the fact he was "trash".

cirquesolo

MBTI Type
ENTP
how do you guys get ISTJ for Buzz? He seems so extroverted and albeit delusional but brave and ready for action. Aren't ISTJ's the ultimate example of forethought, planning and control? ISTJs don't seem risky enough for Buzz and a groundedness in Si facts seems to be exactly the thing he's lacking.

Could he be ESTJ? Te promoting a hardheaded confidence in everything he does despite others' uneasiness with his "heroic" actions, and skipping Si to a weak tertiary Ne providing abstract delusionary ideas of heroicism. I've found that perpetually dysfunctional characters rely too heavily on their third trait, such as overly extroverted or overly introverted making it difficult for them to perceive reality outside of their own perspective, either making it difficult for them think through their actions (extroverts) or interact successfully with others (introverts).

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Woody: ENFJ
Buzz: ESTJ
Lotso: ENxJ... leaning towards ENFJ.
Rex: ENFP
Mr Potato: ESFP
Mrs Potato: ESFJ
Ham: INTP
Slinky: ISFJ
Barbie: ESFJ
Ken: ESFJ (Not sure about those two)
Andy: INFP
Big Baby: ISFJ
Jessie: ESFJ
The sad clown: INTP

I'm not too sure, but it looks like there are too many FJs in this list

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Coco, I'm still on the Lotso ENFJ side myself. Just because Sunnyside isn't cult-like per se doesn't mean Lotso's totalitarianism isn't transferrable to F. Those xNFJs have an unmatched and uncanny ability to make a terrible ideas sound very appealing, usually inspired by the fact that, when properly misguided, they truly believe it themselves.

Of course, I'm on the "Hitler as F" side of that argument too. (Stalin is a clear T, though)

Big Baby doesn't seem SJ to me. ISFP seems more on the money.

Barbie also feels ESFP, while Ken's a probably more on the J side.

yeghor

Raising thread...

I've thought a resentful ENFJ for Lots-o-huggin bear too... I was going to ask about this in a new thread but there seems to be a consensus about it in this thread...

Lotso's story and how he finds out that he's not special and revered anymore...: