• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ron Paul

Paul3144

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I wonder what personality type Ron Paul is. Here's what I think:

Enneagram: 1
Meyers-Briggs: IxxJ

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have never before thought of a Libertarian being a Type One...

Huh.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm going with INTJ because they seem to love him the most. Probably a 6.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going with INTJ because they seem to love him the most. Probably a 6.

It's so weird!
I don't know why libertarians are so often INTJs. My brother is an INTJ, and he expresses shame in this tendency of his type. Next to that, ENTPs seem rather libertarian, but I can't explain that.
I've haven't seen much from INTPs or ENTJs, so why?

Why are INTJs and ENTPs like that, and yet not INTPs and ENTJs?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lots of ENTJ libertarians. I remember browsing through a libertarian forum which had an MBTI poll and there were quite a number of ENTJ's.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
It's so weird!
I don't know why libertarians are so often INTJs. My brother is an INTJ, and he expresses shame in this tendency of his type. Next to that, ENTPs seem rather libertarian, but I can't explain that.
I've haven't seen much from INTPs or ENTJs, so why?

Why are INTJs and ENTPs like that, and yet not INTPs and ENTJs?

Individual choice and responsibility appeal to those who are rational and dedicated. INTPs, however, are bound to realism because of their Ti and understand the danger in believing full heartedly in any ideals. I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side.

XNTJs are more susceptible to idealization. However, considering the empathetical background of liberalism and the religious background of conservativism, the most logical political ideology they would be susceptible to is the individualist style of libertarianism. ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if it's really so simple for ENTPs. :thinking:

Anyhow. I'm proud of me and my INTPs. :D

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Individual choice and responsibility appeal to those who are rational and dedicated. INTPs, however, are bound to realism because of their Ti and understand the danger in believing full heartedly in any ideals. I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side.

XNTJs are more susceptible to idealization. However, considering the empathetical background of liberalism and the religious background of conservativism, the most logical political ideology they would be susceptible to is the individualist style of libertarianism. ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.

My INTP is a very strong Libertarian, however since a 3rd party system never works when it comes to the highest office, he's works very hard for the Republican cause.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First I've heard of.

I'm almost the opposite of a Libertarian.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTPs, however, are bound to realism because of their Ti and understand the danger in believing full heartedly in any ideals. I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side.

That describes me perfectly. I am very much a left-winger in a general sense, but details-wise my views are pretty eclectic and pragmatic, which ticks off the people in the Democratic and Green parties I like to call the ideological purists (that is, the guys who would rather nominate a Kucinich-like person and lose then vote for anyone who doesn't fit the mold of the Baby Boomer culture warriors).

Paul3144

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I guess I could see Ron Paul being an INTJ. He is idealistic. Also, I read an article that said his hobbies are riding his bicycle alone and gardening. Seems INTJish.

Anyone have any other thoughts as to an Eeneagram type?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Individual choice and responsibility appeal to those who are rational and dedicated. INTPs, however, are bound to realism because of their Ti and understand the danger in believing full heartedly in any ideals. I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side...

ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.

Great analysis of the INTP point of view.

I know the political affiliations of two ENTPs - one is a Libertarian. The other supports the NRA and John McCain.

Jae Rae

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
That describes me perfectly. I am very much a left-winger in a general sense, but details-wise my views are pretty eclectic and pragmatic, which ticks off the people in the Democratic and Green parties I like to call the ideological purists (that is, the guys who would rather nominate a Kucinich-like person and lose then vote for anyone who doesn't fit the mold of the Baby Boomer culture warriors).

You mean there's somebody else out there who thinks like me politically? The dogmatists and I go at it tooth and nail because I can see fifteen sides to every issue, alas. :harhar:

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know the political leanings of INFJ's here, but among the few that visited INFPgc there seemed to be a libertarian trend in INFJ's as well.

I was married to an INTP for many years and for most of that time he was a dedicated Republican. My sense of it was that it was both ideological and also practical. In his youth he was Democratic, but realized at the advent of adulthood how much of that perspective was adopted from childhood role models and were not really his. He seemed to believe he'd found TRUTH in the Republican party (thanks Rush Limbaugh :rolli:). He later found in religion what seemed a greater TRUTH and some of that TRUTH conflicted with things Republican's stood for. He seemed to wish he could remain within the Republican perspective home he'd found, but also acknowledged that if it came down to not having a choice he could live with there, he'd vote for any candidate that best represented his views and stood a chance of winning (even if they were outside his party). Though I sense he'd still search hard to find it in the Republican party first.

Just another INTP case to consider.

I have a sense that type might predispose someone to think about things in a certain way and so be more or less likely to align with a particular party, but I also think there are many other factors that could influence political preference and make type generalizations tough.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side.

Well, that is moi in a nutshell. I am equally disinterested in all political parties.

ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.

Ha ha -- we won't mention any ENTP names... Oberon!

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs and INTPs tend to be libertarians at a dramatically higher frequency than almost any other types. The best software engineers tend to be one of these types (usually INTJ) and they have an extreme tendency to be libertarians.

Paul isn't actually a libertarian, though he does have a lot of compatible views, which is why we're stumping for him.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm honestly disappointed that any INTP would believe in Rush...
It seems to almost run contrary to an INTP's cognitive processes.

I guess he was going through a personal crisis.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
There are definitely republican INTPs, even ones that do not subscribe to a religion.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't talking about being Republican, I was talking about listening to Rush Limbaugh.
Surely you don't have to believe in his crap to be a part of that party.
I mean, if you did, I'd lose whatever respect I still have for them.

I know an INTP can come up with a whole bunch of reasons for being a far right-winger, but I can't find a reason for an INTP to like Limbaugh.
He makes no sense.