• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI through the Decades

lolol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
:)
Enneagram
I've always wondered what type each decade would be...starting in the 1910's so:

1910s: ISFP
1920s: ExSP
1930s: ISTJ
1940s: IxFP
1950s: ESxJ
1960s: ENFP
1970s: ENTP
1980s: ?
1990s: ?
2000s: ?

(I got kinda lazy and didn't bother typing the last three decades) I suppose everyone has their own interpretation of each decade I was thinking mainly of England/United States/Canada and used historical events like the Great Depression, the World Wars and silly things like Flappers, Hippies and Punk music. ^_^

Last edited:

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
20s- esfp
50s- esfj
Totally was 60's- enfp

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
80's = ESTP
90's = ESFP?
2000's = Unhealthy ENFP

lolol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
:)
Enneagram
I was thinking 2000's were ESTJ if anything.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
60s is definately an ENFP. Ahh...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
40's: ISTJ/ESTJ
50's: ESTP/ESTJ
60's: ISFP/ENFP
70's: ESFP/ESTP
80's: ESTP/ENTJ
90's: ENTP/ENTJ
00's: ENFP/ENTJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've always wondered what type each decade would be...starting in the 1910's so:

1910s: ISFP
1920s: ExSP
1930s: ISTJ
1940s: IxFP
1950s: ESxJ
1960s: ENFP
1970s: ENTP
1980s: ?
1990s: ?
2000s: ?

(I got kinda lazy and didn't bother typing the last three decades) I suppose everyone has their own interpretation of each decade I was thinking mainly of England/United States/Canada and used historical events like the Great Depression, the World Wars and silly things like Flappers, Hippies and Punk music. ^_^

1910s: xSFJ
1920s: ESFP
1930s: IxFJ
1940s: ExFJ

(I had to go with F from everything between 1900 and 1940's because these were considered "sentimental" generations)

1950s: xSTJ
1960s: xNFP
1970s: ExFP
1980s: xSxJ
1990s: INxP

00s: ExTP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where is the ISTP decade?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was thinking 2000's were ESTJ if anything.

I saw it more of a time of illogical paranoia, but maybe it was different where you were at that time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I saw it more of a time of illogical paranoia, but maybe it was different where you were at that time.

I don't think the 00's were very SJ...I see them as being very Ti, very extrovert (hello reality television, there's a camera in everyone's bedroom, is there a celebrity that we HAVEN'T seen have sex???) and very P in the sense that anything goes in the 21st century. And, of course, ExTP have tertiary Fe holding it all together as the tenuous social glue.

Lots of people think George W. Bush is ESTP, btw...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's more easy to type the Generations.

Missionary Generation (1860-1882): ISTJ/ISFJ
Lost Generation (1883-1900): ISTJ/ISTP
G.I Generation (1901-1924): ISTJ/ESTJ
Silent Generation (1925-1942): ISFJ/ISFP
BOOM Generation (1943-1960): ISFP/ENFP
Generation X (1961-1981): ESTP/ISTP
Generation Y (1982-2000): ENTP/INTP
Generation Z (2001-?): ISFJ/INTP

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's more easy to type the Generations.

Missionary Generation (1860-1882): ISTJ/ISFJ
Lost Generation (1883-1900): ISTJ/ISTP
G.I Generation (1901-1924): ISTJ/ESTJ
Silent Generation (1925-1942): ISFJ/ISFP
BOOM Generation (1943-1960): ISFP/ENFP
Generation X (1961-1981): ESTP/ISTP
Generation Z (2001-?): ISFJ/INTP

I can't get behind SJ for all of these turn of the century generations, because the 1920's were a time of EXTREME rebellion compared to the Victorian Era that makes the 1960's look like a tea party in comparison...what that generation did in the 1920's was completely off the wall in contrast to their parents' generation, and even in the 1930's there was a subversiveness to literature and film that was later repressed in the more unified WWII 40's and McCarthyite conservative 50's.

Also...Gen X is from 1965 to 1976, and Gen Y from 1977 to 1994...where did you get those dates?

It's also impossible to type Gen Z because they're too young.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also...Gen X is from 1965 to 1976, and Gen Y from 1977 to 1994...where did you get those dates?

Your dates are from the PersonalityCafe is'nt it? The mine are from wikipedia, and it's supposed to be the original classifications, from the originals classificators:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generations_(book). It makes more sense for me. My parents for examples are born in the early 60s and they don't consider them as Baby Boomer, and I also considerate peoples born in the late 70s as X, not Y, teenagers born in the late 90s are Y, but yes, probably the very last Y.

I can't get behind SJ for all of these turn of the century generations, because the 1920's were a time of EXTREME rebellion compared to the Victorian Era that makes the 1960's look like a tea party in comparison...what that generation did in the 1920's was completely off the wall in contrast to their parents' generation, and even in the 1930's there was a subversiveness to literature and film that was later repressed in the more unified WWII 40's and McCarthyite conservative 50's.

The Lost Generation, wich means peoples born in the late 19 th century who matured in the early 20th century, is the generation where every WWI veterans are born. My impressions is that generation is a combination of right-doers conservative warriors (ISTJ) and more rebellious and revengeful warriors (ISTP), but apparently I underestimate that rebelious side, I would be curious to know more about that period.:yes: I agree that 60s were a tea party in comparaison and this is why I've type the BOOM generation as 7ish ISFP/ENFP, nice and laid-back hippies who are militant, innovative, creative, driven by values and optimistic about the future possibilities. Also, you said that 40's and 50's were a period of repression and unification, wich confirm the high STJ leanings of the Lost Generation and G.I Generation for me.

It's also impossible to type Gen Z because they're too young.

Yes, but some sociologist have etablished some characteristics about them. It's just an impression of how they are and/or are likely to became. The Generation Z is named the New Silent Genearation, a behind-the-scene generation who is less assertive and ambitious than the precedent generation, and more reposed in family and the close social circle. It's also a Digital Natives generation where peoples have a merging relationships with technology and more reposed on technology than communication. Sounds like an ISFJ/INTP combo for me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you were born between 1961 and 1981, you are a X.;)

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Can you explain why you think Gen Y is NTP, I always got the impression Gen Y was a very goal-oriented, hardworking generation, more SJ-like more than any thing esle. It doesn't seem like the Gen Y vibe is very theoretical like most NTPs are.

KDude

Can you explain why you think Gen Y is NTP, I always got the impression Gen Y was a very goal-oriented, hardworking generation, more SJ-like more than any thing esle. It doesn't seem like the Gen Y vibe is very theoretical like most NTPs are.

Y are myspace picwhores with Peter Pan complexes, move out later, like Nintendo, txt messaging, reality television, and instead of rampant competiveness and goal-orientedness, like thinking that "Everyone is a winner".

Just to simplify it.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Y are myspace picwhores with Peter Pan complexes, move out later, like Nintendo, txt messaging, reality television, and instead of rampant competiveness and goal-orientedness, like thinking that "Everyone is a winner".

Just to simplify it.

I always perceived the "work hard, play hard" ethic from Gen Y, I relate more to Gen X than Gen Y even though I'm apart of Gen Y(early part). Gen Y also seems kind of shallow to me, with the reality tv, celebrity obsession, and bland urban music. I do like Nintendo and I look(I hope people don't think I act) very young for my age though. :D