• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Liesl

Obsession with finding truth is most certainly not just xNFP either.
Yeah, I should have clarified "truth in what context" because the type of truth that xNTPs are after is usually different from what xNFPs are after.

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
TPs can be much warmer than FPs when they tap into their Fe. Fi will face the world with Te when they don't feel welcome, and that can be a cold and aloof face.

I saw the movie as Alice's inner struggle to find who she was. The beginnig established that she felt she did not belong in her surroundings and found no connection with the people she knew. She escaped into her fantasy land to find herself. This is not unlike INFPs. (I feel I should add it's not exclusive to either)

Her detachment wasn't like the detachment of an INTP. She detached from the world into herself, more typical of Fi. Both types are heavily driven by dominant Ji to find truth, but the movie was about Alice finding personal harmony and not objective logic.

Finding romance is not an F trait, and certainly not wanting to be married. That's absurd and pretty much irrelevant to MB.

Liesl

TPs can be much warmer than FPs when they tap into their Fe. Fi will face the world with Te when they don't feel welcome, and that can be a cold and aloof face.

I saw the movie as Alice's inner struggle to find who she was. The beginnig established that she felt she did not belong in her surroundings and found no connection with the people she knew. She escaped into her fantasy land to find herself. This is not unlike INFPs. (I feel I should add it's not exclusive to either)

Her detachment wasn't like the detachment of an INTP. She detached from the world into herself, more typical of Fi. Both types are heavily driven by dominant Ji to find truth, but the movie was about Alice finding personal harmony and not objective logic.

Finding romance is not an F trait, and certainly not wanting to be married. That's absurd and pretty much irrelevant to MB.
I think everything said here is spot on. Thanks for articulating it so well, Cybin.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is the Red Queen ESTJ, not ENTJ? She is so odd and totally unorthodox and seems to have created her own 'dream land'. I perceive her as someone who gets a vision and mobilizes everything to create that vision. Instead of 'adding onto' the previous regime, she changed everything according to what she wants and her theories. She's innovative in an evil way.
I don't really see these actions of hers as "innovating or unorthodox", but instead simply out of the result of selfishness. She didn't change the system significantly, she conformed and became queen. She did things quite traditionally("off with her head", search methods etc.) as well--relying on certain "tried" countermeasures. She also likes people who are similar to her standards of appearance.

Well Said.

PeaceLoveEmpathy127

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is the Red Queen ESTJ, not ENTJ? She is so odd and totally unorthodox and seems to have created her own 'dream land'. I perceive her as someone who gets a vision and mobilizes everything to create that vision. Instead of 'adding onto' the previous regime, she changed everything according to what she wants and her theories. She's innovative in an evil way.

I did not identify with Alice in the movie at all - she was very cold and awkward, and points to more T than F. INFPs are warmer overall. She's a bit young, also to think about marriage and love - so I wouldn't use that as the only evidence. She didn't seem to 'relate' to anyone except the Mad Hatter.

The Mad Hatter is some sort of F...
Feeling is making decisions based on intuition and emotions, being an infp doesn't mean you are warm