• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dog Types. An asinine adventure into canine typing.

wolfy

awsm
What type is Lassie? What about Hairy MacClary? And Scooby Doo. Goofy and Pluto, The Dog from Footrot Flats and Buck from Call of the Wild. Gromit and Scrappy? Benji and Old Yeller?

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Scooby Doo = ExFP
Buck = SJ

Okay, that's as many dogs as I know.

All others = WOOF

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and say all of them are ExFPs.

R

Riva

Wolf from all werewolf movies - ISTP

But dogs are no fun being casted as ISTPs. They should be colourful, charismatic and bat shit crazy nuts.

ExFPs all of them.

wolfy

awsm
Here are my ideas...

Lassie is some kind of SJ, Maybe isfj.
Hairy MacClary is esfp.
Scooby Doo is enfp.
I think Buck is maybe istp or estp.
The Dog is isfp

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I can't comment on the others, but I'd type Lassie as ESFJ (very, very Fe), Scooby Doo as ENFP, Goofy as ESFP, Pluto as ISFJ, and Gromit as another ISFJ.

Three that haven't been mentioned:

Ein (Cowboy Bebop) - INTP
Brian (Family Guy) - INTP
McGruff the Crime Dog - ESTJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Goofy is an ESFP.
Scooby Doo is an ESFJ.
Scrappy Doo is a DUMB.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goofy: ENFP
Scooby Doo: ESFP
Lassie: ESFJ
Milou/Snowie (Tintin): ESTP
Idéfix/Dogmatix (Astérix): ISTP
Snoopy (The Peanuts): ENTP

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love it!

How about:

(a) Cujo

and

(b) The Hound of the Baskervilles?

:thinking:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goofy: ENFP
Scooby Doo: ESFP
Lassie: ESFJ
Milou/Snowie (Tintin): ESTP
Idéfix/Dogmatix (Astérix): ISTP
Snoopy (The Peanuts): ENTP
How is Goofy an N?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get it... he's an N because he's a klutz? :huh: I see no indication whatsoever of Ne in there -- no theorizing, no synthesis, no flights of fancy, inventive or fantasy. He's just a slapstick character.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, because he is clumsy and blissfully unaware of his own surroundings. It is dog typing. What do you see that is S?

G

Ginkgo

I don't get it... he's an N because he's a klutz? :huh: I see no indication whatsoever of Ne in there -- no theorizing, no synthesis, no flights of fancy, inventive or fantasy. He's just a slapstick character.

I think what wolfy is trying to say is that, because Goofy is not intelligent in a tactile way, (hence, being a klutz), he doesn't really give any good indicators of Se.

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

Does goofy seem like he's experiencing "oneness with the physical world"? He seems somewhat detached from it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, because he is clumsy and blissfully unaware of his own surroundings.
he's not really unaware of his surroundings in an N way -- Intuitives aren't aware of their surroundings because they're in their own heads, they don't care for their surroundings. Goofy is just... clumsy. He's not pondering the great mysteries of life, he's not fantasizing, he's not in his own little world. He's not Ne.

I think what wolfy is trying to say is that, because Goofy is not intelligent in a tactile way, (hence, being a klutz), he doesn't really give any good indicators of Se.

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

Does goofy seem like he's experiencing "oneness with the physical world"? He seems somewhat detached from it.
This is a decent point, but he doesn't show any indicators of Ne either. And if he's not Ne, and he's not Se, what the hell is he?

G

Ginkgo

he's not really unaware of his surroundings in an N way -- Intuitives aren't aware of their surroundings because they're in their own heads, they don't care for their surroundings. Goofy is just... clumsy. He's not pondering the great mysteries of life, he's not fantasizing, he's not in his own little world. He's not Ne.

How do you know that? That's more internal than external. Just because someone ponders the more complex meanings behind things, or imagines live in a "intuitive" sense doesn't mean it will be readily apparent to the observer. Maybe he saw making a house as a "big fantastical challenge", and was more in tune with the prospects of the bigger picture (intuition inclination), but more frustrated with the smaller challenges of looking at a map or painting (sensation dysfunction).

This is a decent point, but he doesn't show any indicators of Ne either. And if he's not Ne, and he's not Se, what the hell is he?

He's an anthropomorphic cartoon character.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw"]London[/YOUTUBE]

How about The Littlest Hobo?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You are wrong. Gooofy is one of the most fantasist and dreamy characters od the Disney Universe. He never take the world in concrete way but is always interpreting it in his own way, without any common sense. Plus his lack oh physical ability and hand-eye coordination (an Se trait) are frequent themes with Goofy. Actually, he's even closer with INFP than ESFP. The ESFP is Launchpad McQuack.
tia4.jpg

ENFP are idiots too. JD from Scrubs, Luffy from One Piece, Dopey from Snow White & the seven dwarf, Pinky from Pinky & Brain are some axamples of ENFP idiot.