• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Regis Philbin

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
LOL, no, that's cool. Sometimes you just get a gut feeling about these things. But I really do not think this guy is NF.

No that's not cool, what you're doing is encouraging stupidity.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's cool, too.

You need to be able to analyze someone's motivations in order to type them. "Gut feeling" is not an acceptable way to type a celebrity, especially, though I could see it being more applicable with someone you actually know.

Liesl

Even if I was, so what? It's not a big deal. And successful use of the MBTI is not the indicator of intelligence.

Anyone else have any thoughts on Regis Philbin's type?

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well then, I think he's INTP. Why? Because that's just how I feel. Sounds silly right? That's because it is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The way you define it, it isn't to me. Too bad, so sad, huh? Let's keep this thread on topic, please!

What kind of ENFP wants to keep a thread on topic?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sociology major? Sounds like he is an enfp then.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5

You got to be kidding me. Seriously, we are typing a celebrity not doing brain surgery. Does it matter how I figure a person or celebrity type out. What I call " a feeling"- is my Ne function at work.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
You need to be able to analyze someone's motivations in order to type them. "Gut feeling" is not an acceptable way to type a celebrity, especially, though I could see it being more applicable with someone you actually know.

" gut feeling" = Ne function for me

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This game is no fun if we don't provide analyses (or at least a reason that others are capable of comprehending) for our typings. What's the use of shouting "ISFJ!" "No, ESTP!" "What? INFP!" past each other all day long?

And to Candylandjoe - What does that Frenchie's type have to do with Regis? I don't think he's INTP because he's a (seemingly) nice, jolly, enthusiastic old television show host. At the very least, his energy level is not what I'd expect from any I, which rules out INTP.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ESxp (prolly ESFp) that guy pisses me off for some reason.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My bet is that Regis is an ESFJ. The reason why he doesn't seem so spontaneous is because he's Fe-dominant rather than Se-dominant. Many hilarious people are EXFJ types because they know how to appeal to the emotions of their audience.

With all of that said, even though I'm Ne-dominant, I've found that gut feeling isn't the best way or funnest way to type someone. (It takes the puzzle-solving aspect out of it.)

Liesl

My bet is that Regis is an ESFJ. The reason why he doesn't seem so spontaneous is because he's Fe-dominant rather than Se-dominant. Many hilarious people are EXFJ types because they know how to appeal to the emotions of their audience.

With all of that said, even though I'm Ne-dominant, I've found that gut feeling isn't the best way or funnest way to type someone. (It takes the puzzle-solving aspect out of it.)

Very interesting. I've seen other people type him as Fe-dominant too. It's definitely something I've considered, but I still don't see it. Could you elaborate on examples of him using Fe? Maybe I'm missing something you're seeing.

Ripa is ESFJ. This was her response to the Clay Aiken scandal.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqbuUdbujE"]Exhibit A[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIId-plvagA&feature=related"]Exhibit B[/YOUTUBE]

This was Philbin's response. Watch from 4:22 onward.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67qY6bzxI38"]Exhibit C[/YOUTUBE]

Do you see how the "lack of propriety" seemed to upset Ripa a lot but Philbin couldn't really understand why it was such a big deal?

But I completely agree with what you're saying about Fe-dominant comedians and their incredible ability to play off the audience's emotions. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane are both likely ESFJ.

Liesl

Oh, I agree with you and I think everyone would. I really don't want to derail this thread, but I will say this. What happened was that someone offered a type guess without having an explanation. And then someone else chimed in to call that "stupidity."

That's not an effective way of going about this. There are plenty of people who are going to have complex explanations for their incorrect conclusions and people who are going to have no explanations for their correct conclusions. (Some don't have the energy to explain, some can't articulate their explanation, and some are just plain guessing. None of those things makes them any more likely to be wrong than anyone else.)

No one is the ultimate authority on truth, so you have to be open to other people's contributions, whether or not they come in the form you expected it to and whether or not they make sense to you immediately. And the bottom line is that I'm all about finding the right answer and doing it in a way that's respectful to others. :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Oh, I agree with you and I think everyone would. I really don't want to derail this thread, but I will say this. What happened was that someone offered a type guess without having an explanation. And then someone else chimed in to call that "stupidity."

That's not an effective way of going about this. There are plenty of people who are going to have complex explanations for their incorrect conclusions and people who are going to have no explanations for their correct conclusions. (Some don't have the energy to explain, some can't articulate their explanation, and some are just plain guessing. None of those things makes them any more likely to be wrong than anyone else.)

No one is the ultimate authority on truth, so you have to be open to other people's contributions, whether or not they come in the form you expected it to and whether or not they make sense to you immediately. And the bottom line is that I'm all about finding the right answer and doing it in a way that's respectful to others. :)

Sounds like a good way of approaching it to me, :headphne: