• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NF villains/evil antiheroes

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Excuse me, but what in the hell does this have to do with anything? It's an entirely irrelevant statement, on par with "Patrick Bateman likes ice cream. An ENTP I know likes ice cream, so Patrick Bateman must be ENTP." Show me where Patrick Bateman expresses Fe rather than Fi (which he doesn't - he's in-tune with and understanding of his own feelings, yet does not understand those of others). Also show me where Patrick Bateman expresses Ti rather than Te (which he doesn't - his schedule is very rigid, organized, segmented, yet he never displays any fine-tuning of concepts, or logical deduction/extrapolation).

The point I am making is that a messed up INFJ is very Se based. Especially in thw absence of empathy. When my Fe dies out from excessive draining I become much darker, extraordinaryily Se based and Ti based.

His schedule is not kept by him also... but by his secretary whom he intends to marry one day. Bateman spends an inordinate amount of time in Ni Fantasy land. He uses Ti more then Te, have you read the novel? He utilizes his social life as a system. He studies it, how people react to each other and he comes to conclusions. He plays his social life like a game, not like he is in it actively organizing it or the people around him. he is a serious loner and seriously Ni based. His emotional explosions scream to me wounded Fe, because he doesn't go and hurt himself or hate himself, his anger is expressed to other people. he even says it, I want my pain to be inflicted upon others.

He doesn't hate people, if you see how he reacts to people, he just has contempt and disgust for humans and people in general. He doesn't actively hate on people, his psychosis is completely random and triggered by other people. This all seems to me to be an expression of some dark twisted Fe, and maybe a small dose of Fi down the tracks of his processes. but not dominant Fi.

He is certainly a messed up INFJ.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
The point I am making is that a messed up INFJ is very Se based. Especially in thw absence of empathy. When my Fe dies out from excessive draining I become much darker, extraordinaryily Se based and Ti based

Right, and? How is this relevant? INTJs also have inferior Se.

Billy said:
His schedule is not kept by him also... but by his secretary whom he intends to marry one day. Bateman spends an inordinate amount of time in Ni Fantasy land.

I was not referring to his work schedule. Note the opening scene of the film - the man has a methodical schedule every morning, a meticulous daily routine that no sane man could possibly follow. The man plans out literally everything he does, both at home and at work - very Te.

INTJs often spend large degrees of time in Ni fantasy land. It is their dominant function.

Billy said:
He uses Ti more then Te, have you read the novel? He utilizes his social life as a system. He studies it, how people react to each other and he comes to conclusions. He plays his social life like a game, not like he is in it actively organizing it or the people around him. he is a serious loner and seriously Ni based.

What you have described is, indeed, nothing more than Ni combined with Se. Forethought, treating life like a match of chess (Ni), mixed with observation of actions and details (Se). He makes no attempt to understand their emotions (Fe), realizing that these are things he cannot possibly comprehend. He also does not make fine distinctions or follow logical deductions through small nuggets of reasoning (Ti).

You keep repeating "he is seriously Ni-based," by the way, as if INTJs do not have just as much Ni as INFJs. It makes you look rather silly.

I have indeed read the novel, by the way.

Billy said:
His emotional explosions scream to me wounded Fe, because he doesn't go and hurt himself or hate himself, his anger is expressed to other people. he even says it, I want my pain to be inflicted upon others.

An Fi type is less likely to hurt themself than an Fe type, simply based on the very nature of the functions - one being rooted in motivation towards the self (selfish), the other rooted in motivation away from the self (selfless). Show where he even remotely portrays understanding of the feelings of others/empathy, any form of communal organization, or any form of altruism - these are the defining features of Fe, and he shows none of them. Rather, he does display defining features of Fi, personalized values and ideals, albeit in a very unhealthy manner.

Billy said:
He doesn't hate people, if you see how he reacts to people, he just has contempt and disgust for humans and people in general. He doesn't actively hate on people, his psychosis is completely random and triggered by other people. This all seems to me to be an expression of some dark twisted Fe, and maybe a small dose of Fi down the tracks of his processes. but not dominant Fi.

And here you contradict yourself. You state that he doesn't hate people, and then state that he has contempt and disgust for humanity (for people). This is precisely my point - he is not in-tune with the emotions of others (that is to say, not Fe), and even says so himself. He is in-tune only with his own feelings (that is to say, Fi). Random hating on people is not a part of the definition of any function, Fi included, nor is random psychosis (rather, the latter is a part of the definition of several mental disorders). INTJs do not have dominant Fi, by the way - they have tertiary Fi. Types with dominant Fi are INFP and ISFP.

Billy said:
He is certainly a messed up INFJ.

Incorrect. Messed up INTJ.

Last edited:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Bateman is not an INFJ, jesus christ

You can argue Hitler, but i think he's an ENxJ

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Bateman is not an INFJ, jesus christ

You can argue Hitler, but i think he's an ENxJ

I definitely agree, Bateman displays nothing in the way of Fe at all.

I intentionally ignored real-world examples, but I actually agree with the stated typing of him - Hitler does seem rather Ni-Fe, thus INFJ. An argument could be made for ENFJ, but note that he needed large bouts of time alone, and generally disliked company.

If we are to include real-world examples:

Adolf Hitler: INFJ
Joseph Goebbels: ENFJ
Pol Pot: INFJ
Leon Trotsky: ENFJ
Charles Manson: ENFJ
Hugo Chavez (yes, I know that mention of him as a "villain" is likely to cause a flame war): ENFP
Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade: ENFP (not so much a villain as a bizarre kinky freak, but his writings did at certain points eroticize/glorify rape)
Ivan IV of Russia/Ivan the Terrible: INFP who became mentally disturbed later in life

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I just thought of another:

Darcia the Third - Wolf's Rain (INFP)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Leon Trotsky: ENFJ
Charles Manson: ENFJ
Hugo Chavez (yes, I know that mention of him as a "villain" is likely to cause a flame war): ENFP

I also disagree that Trotsky is any sort of villain, but hey, that's me.

KDude

.. manson as an enfj. not really questioning it.. for some reason tho, that's even more disturbing than hitler as an enfj, who wasn't purposely grotesque or bizarre in his language.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
The Operative from Serenity - INFJ

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Mayor Wilkins (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, ENFJ)

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
It's what I see him listed as most often, and from what little I've seen of him it seemed like a decent fit. What would you say he is then? INTJ? ENTP?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It's what I see him listed as most often, and from what little I've seen of him it seemed like a decent fit. What would you say he is then? INTJ? ENTP?

NFP