• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does each type consider as "fun"

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am curious - what is your idea of fun - is it determined by your typological preferences or something else entirely, or a combination of both?

My idea of fun has changed with age... I used to be all about the club scene and dancing and loud music...

Now...

Game night with friends/family
Going to the movies
Sporting events (playing or watching)
Reading
Writing
Painting
Swimming
Family gatherings
Cookouts/Barbecues

I think to an extent my preferences do have a little bit to do with my idea of fun... For starters, I like being around people, most of the stuff in my list involves being around a lot of people... I'm very family oriented, hence all the things that deal with family in my list... And a lot of it is all stuff that deals a lot with my five senses. :)

elementalgrace

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Fun for me? Depends hugely on my mood.

Being with friends, always. Exploring, adventuring, being places I've never been, being inspired (usually by unusual things), going out for food, summer barbecues, curled up with friends/family in front of a fire with warm jumpers and hot chocolate traversing some intellectual debate or other. Reading, writing, photography. Walking the dogs (always meet people doing that). Going to places on your own and finding yourself having fascinating conversations with random strangers. Creating new things for around the house from bits of old driftwood. New ideas and a beer in the pub, preferably together but even separately, they're grand.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My idea of fun is anything that brings me personal pleasure.

I think what gives me personal pleasure is related to my type. I'm strongly introverted and I find alot of solitary activities fun like reading and daydreaming. Less so activities like parties and going out. As you can, most of my list is pretty introversion oriented.

Here's my list:

Reading
Daydreaming
Surfing the web
Discussing personality psychology on forums like this one
Going for walks
Listening to music
Games night with my games group (that's most of the extent of my social life lately)
Traveling
Going out to eat in a nice restaurant/trying out new restaurants
Taking long walks and pondering life while doing so
Watching movies
Visiting friends that I haven't seen for a while
Going to the theatre

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
For me, fun is when life takes a twist that is wonderful, revelatory, and totally unexpected.

Meeting a complete stranger who changes your life in one conversation

Changing the life of a complete stranger in one conversation

Recognizing a truth about life that you never knew before

Engaging, interesting conversations about the world with engaging, interesting, and loving people

Expressing yourself for who you truly are and being understood

When people take on your causes and values as if they are their own

Fun is every moment where you feel your life just lift up and take off.

I love your list! I think it must be fun being you! :yes:

Sunny Ghost

define fun.

i'm rarely bored and can find most activities interesting for one reason or another. i enjoy being alone, and silence. reflecting. thinking. drawing. reading. writing. surfing the interwebs. drinking. one on one conversations. getting to really know people. acting retarded with good friends. playing with my cats. going for long drives. music. movies. learning.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Fun is going out for car rides with the family, trying out new restaurants, going to amusement parks, watching TV, listening to music, goofing off, chatting it up with someone, playing games, travelling, going to a city that's lit up at night, browsing the web... uhhh... I think that's it for now.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know...my life is dull :p

Frederico Rogeiro

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I love some playful work, games, reading, etc. Also some absorbing sports, debates and commedies on TV. It's easier to have fun by my self.
With others, I have fun when good communication exists, sharing plans and views, debating or working in common projects.

Within

Permabanned
Strategy games, hanging out with friends, reading a good book and listening to awesome music etc.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
He told me I need to get out and have some fun but then we discussed what fun actually meant for each of us. It never occurred to him that his idea of fun was something I would avoid like the plague.
Good observation. I know it but still have difficulties understanding how somebody can amuse himself with something I consider boring. There have been discussions like that between me and my husband. Whenever he's watching sports, I always want to find him something more amusing to do...

To me, fun is:
Milling around at busy places such as a market, reading, writing, playing board games, picking theories apart and trying to understand them, hiking, biking, doing creative/handwork things from painting to putting together an Ikea cupboard.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
-talking about ideas
-being creative
-chillin with the posse
-dancing
-camping/hiking/out doors stuff
-learning
-scattergories <--okay im a nerd
-watching funny movies
-being the queen of street fighter (the video game)
-flea marketing, antiquing
-people watching in downtown

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 years later in the future...
I will tell you what's fun:

IMAGINATION

latest

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I enjoy learning about peoples opinions.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an ENFP and I enjoy jogging. I like to imagine I'm running towards my INTJ lover which gives me a boost of endurance on the really hard days.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As I don't find most activities worth the effort, I think the most fun can be had sitting in a room all day with a few friends doing... whatever the fuck you do in rooms.

I think my suggestive Se is showing. :blush:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Lately I've been finding the things I've been doing on my own to bring me the most pleasure. I've been on sort of a soul searching mission/introspective period the last couple months. So wandering city streets alone, going out on a hike and sitting at a vista for an hour, going on to a pier, etc.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
ISTJ here - I love watching paint dry.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reading
Watching anime
Controversial discussions (listening or engaging in)
Writing
Drawing
Dancing

That's all I can think of for now.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reading, dancing, watching movies, swimming, drawing, hanging out with family and friends , outdoors, handicrafts, playing around with my son.. Making the best of the moment basically..