• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does each type consider as "fun"

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like video games, especially open-world rpgs (character customization preferred!), anime and TV shows, reading... and writing when I'm in the mood and have an idea.

melpomene

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
I find it really hard to have fun. I'm always dwelling on something, or staring off into space, through people's faces, in the middle of a restaurant so it just looks like I'm mentally challenged.
I have this inability to be present in the present, and I hate it, because I feel like I'm literally not living life. I'm never in the moment. I'm a ghost. So going out with me and having fun in the traditional sense, like to a bar and clubbing or whatever, isn't the greatest experience, I'm not the life of any party.

However, sometimes, I get restless and I HAVE to try something new. Like the other day, I went to my first hockey game, and it was fun! I liked watching everyone be in sync for one purpose, and just peacefully enjoying a decidedly non-peaceable activity together! And there was so many lights, and music!

Hobbies though?
  • Video Games (JRPGS, strategies, and horror specifically)
  • Anime
  • Reading (VISUAL NOVELS) and writing
  • Cooking food (but it never comes out the same twice, I have this compulsion to mess with things, which greatly decreases my chances of being on Iron Chef) Preparing Elaborately detailed Bento lunches
  • Learning all the things
  • Laying in bed and pretending I'm a mermaid
  • I like the mindlessness of working out, especially treadmilling and swimming, but I'm kinda weak and unathletic/sickly...
  • Political Debate
  • People Watching/Animal Watching (Basically the same thing)
  • Sexy or Sappy Love Songs. Sad Songs. Classical Music, Grunge, Soft Rock, 90s Stuff.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In no particular order:

- playing with cats
- wandering around the city/downtown, alone or with my INTP closest friend
- walking & talking/observing, aimlessly, with someone I connect with, intellectually
- blasting music I love while doing anything mundane (housework, driving, etc)
- sex (who the hell would engage in it if it wasn't fun.. it's kind of a given)
- going to shows (live bands) in intimately small bars and novel spaces (mill spaces, etc) - I specify the space size because concerts tend to be obnoxious/less immersive, for me
- watching plays/musicals on stage or screen, though I'd much rather be involved in one directly
- performing (acting/singing - though I've been working on learning to play a couple instruments)
- singing alone
- sewing, as in, making/modifying my clothing, but repairs aren't terrible to do, either. Sort of a practical/creative outlet.
- driving (even traffic jams don't bother me, unless I'm out of fuel or something)
- traveling, road trips, flying (I have some serious wanderlust)
- doing special FX makeup/gore stuff for people
- bicycling
- swimming
- hiking (I'd love to try spelunking)
- kayaking, when I have access to one
- camping (real camping, not this RVing bullshit)
- amusement parks/thrill-seeky activities
- playing pranks on people who deeply trust me
- studying medicine, particularly how drugs interact with the body, nutrition, dermatology, psychology, and soforth
- learning in general is pretty invigorating
- having conversations that explore the depths of human nature and science and shit
- exploring the depths of a specific individual's mind, whether they realize that's what I'm doing at the time, or not
- reading (typically fiction novels, scifi/fantasy)
- foruming (only TypoC)
- watching films, tv (no romances/romantic comedies, plz)
- writing, occasionally (mostly lyrics)
- peoplewatching (yes, I'm a creep. Too bad)
- taking apart other people's problems/helping them find resolution (unless I'm drained, it's less energizing, but still rewarding)
- finding loopholes in systems/exploring new ways to utilize them
- repairing random crap around the house via improvisation, having it actually pan out
- having drinks with good friends once in awhile, usually at someone's house - not a huge bar fan. Hate clubs. Not big on parties. We usually watch weird/creepy/unsettling/ridiculous films I force on people. Their reactions feed my soul.

A lot of this stuff can be enjoyed solo just as much as with a friend, but certain things I'm less apt to do alone, like hiking/kayaking/camping. I usually need a more outdoorsy person to remind me that stuff exists, and is an option when it comes to stuff to do.

...I'll probably add more later

I'm pretty tame/boring, these days.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-Playing board games/ card games with friends or family
-Hiking
-Photography
-Tent camping / being in the wilderness / all aspects of it tied together
-Exploring a new location - i.e. while traveling out of the country
-Wandering off trail while on a hike to find good photographs -- to the confirmed annoyance of some people, and probable annoyance of almost everyone else, sigh. (Hiking + photography + exploring 'fun' trifecta! haha)
--> Traveling!!
-Watercolor painting
-A night out with a friend or two, whether at a wine bar or a little pub for food and drink, or trying a new restaurant (groups greater than 4 though can make me super uncomfortable and it becomes un-fun, as that pretty much means I'm with one person I know and the others are acquaintances / I don't know at all)
-Small dinner parties with good friends, good food and wine
-Rock Climbing
-Yoga (back when I was doing it regularly and I was in better shape re it -- now, it wouldn't be fun per se, haha)
-Driving into the mountains with good music playing in the car
-The occasional solo trip to a coffee shop to just enjoy a drink while reading or painting
-Though I've only done 3 or 4, back when I had disposable income, cooking classes are super fun
-Decorating/ designing / creating spaces, posters, presentations, book layouts - visual aesthetics
-I read a LOT, and thoroughly enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'd classify that as 'fun'

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
- new stuff
- debating
- going out
- going to my favorite places (baby Si)
- sex
- ...sex?

I'm a simply creature:mellow:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Games
Working on stuff together
Driving
Sex
Shopping can even be fun
I just enjoy doing things, I would even enjoy a crochet class. I couldn't do it for fun all the tike, but a class that learns would be fun or every once in awhile.
Anything learning or doing things with my hands

I am not a high emo energy person, don't enjoy things that require me to be high emotions energy

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
There is no fun.
Why even have fun when you can be a productive member of society?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I'm super type A so I love 'accomplishing' things. I have two online businesses so those keep me busy af, and I'm also really into fitness. I'm also very ~artsy though so I write and paint as well. And when I'm being lazy? Netflix forever.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Competition.
Physical activities I can do on my own without others.
Anything I can do on my own without others.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trying to figure something new, out. but I think it would be more fun if I can then use, what I have figured out to further my ideas.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
fun depends on my mood.
Pretty much this.

The most ESTJ-related things that I find fun are probably the things that involve exerting control over my environment (Te), and those are honestly more relaxing than fun. Keeping in mind that relaxing = fun, sometimes. Some examples of that would be cleaning, sorting, organizing, and planning things out. Making to-do lists, deciding how things will go.

Other than that, I dunno. I like hanging out with my friends, shooting the shit, laughing and joking and bonding with them. I like movies, I like TV. I like hiking. I like running. I like listening to podcasts. I like doing DIY stuff, crafting or building things, learning new skills.

I think the commonalities between all the things I find fun, is that I find them either relaxing, interesting, amusing, or all of the above. And again, because I'm an ESTJ, I have to consider those fun things to be useful and/or necessary. Otherwise even if they're fun, I feel bad for having wasted my time.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To be honest, I enjoy working on personal projects, shopping, eating takeaway food, trying every different coffee/tea in every coffee shop, socializing with friends or people I don't know and discussing random shit, organizing things that seem out of place, making group projects productive, taking control of things, listening to awesome music, walking, going to the cinema, having fun and a few drinks, making videos, being a weirdo, testing people, winding people up, writing novels/scripts, drawing things from my subconscious mind, playing the guitar, planning trips/projects, reading books, studying MBTI, going to drama group, going to my volunteer group, singing, having long showers, seeing/participating in fights, doing sexual things, talking to my online friends, fixing things, watching old movies, going on day trips, making beats, roleplaying, debating, people watching, cooking my college dinners, trying/learning/eating new things, watching sports and learning about the world through facts, stories, theories, opinions and the unknown.

Yes, my idea of "fun" is incredibly broad. I don't have one set of things which I consider fun, which I don't see as a bad thing at all.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm still feeling kind of weird, but I don't think something necessarily has to be practical for me to consider it fun. Sometimes I delight in the impractical and the pointless, and the absurd. I'm up for trying new things and accommodating different diets (up to a point), but some people take this stuff way too seriously.

I often perform a visual inspection on my poop after I go to the bathroom to see how well I digested a specific meal.

I enjoy learning new things and skills, even if I won't use them much. I need variety or else I kind of stagnate and get into a funk. But just because I enjoy variety doesn't mean I want to give up or forget everything from my past. Sometimes I enjoy revisiting things, and that's good for me, too.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm an INTJ 7w6 and I declare that fun is nothing but a feeeeeeling!

Fun is a thing with feathers.
That glides on temperamental winds.

Sil

This is a test.
Hiking, good conversation with friends, outdoor adventures, learning something new.

I'm currently on a cryptology/cybersecurity binge.

I think I tend to play my interests more like an ESTP-- get interested, get obsessed, burn the midnight oil learning the overall idea of whatever it is I'm interested in, then, once I have a solid grasp of X thing, get bored and move along to something new. My life is littered with the corpses of unfinished projects.

It's one of the major reasons I've struggled to finish writing novels. It's only fun while the mystery of what happens is still unknown to me; once I figure out the plot, the story loses a large part of its charm. It's also one of the reasons I rarely ever watch or read something twice.