• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

lazyhappy

i saw this thread on intp cental so... i decided to bring it here.

what do you think your favorite fictional character's types are? This includes show like Star Trek, south park, any anime, or any show that you personally like...

(i'll post mine later)

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
A post I originally made over at INFPgc.

I would like to chime in here, fueled by a sudden inspiration to type the main characters of Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

INCLUDES SPOILERS.

John the Savage represents a maladapted, unhealthy INFP to me. It is obvious that he's a dreamer, as can be seen in his idealization of the World State and his love for Lenina Crowne. His adherance to his values is such that he ultimately perceives himself to have strayed too far - willingly or not - from them, so much that in his eyes the violation is irreversible. He ends up commiting suicide, ends up being a small sigh in a loud, buzzing society, the culture of which consistently shocks John into finally choosing death.

Bernard Marx, the Alpha Plus psychologist, is a similarly misfit INTP. He's consistently plagued by self doubt which usually ends up overshadowing his high intelligence. His inferiority complex, brought on by circumstances over which he had no control, is another layer of bernard's shell, of which the readers sees much. He's also socially inept, partly due to his physical defects.

Helmholtz Watson seems like an ENXJ to me. In his position, he's confident and influential, and not always bent on doing what the society expects, as the novel makes us witness. Restless for a change waiting to be brought on, He's generally supportive of Bernard and sympathetic towards John. Of all the main characters in the novel, it is he that is usually the most civil.

Mustapha Mond, the great strategist of the World State, reads like a coin toss between INTJ and INFJ. In his well intentioned and ultimately successful quest to bring about happiness to the whole world, he has repressed his own individuality, free will, and also confiscated the same of all others. As the only character who uses some form of empathy in the book - with the possible exception of Helmholtz - he is unique in that he can truly understand (and argue against) the existential dilemma of the protagonists, and makes for a competent, though not in any way evil, adversary.

Some words I will type for Lenina Crowne before hitting the submit button. Although she's a conditioned character, in her we can see some form of the ESFJ, always concerned - in her own way, keeping in mind the novel's unique setting - for the well being of others that she's constantly around. Not understanding her traveling companion Bernard's (who she characterizes as "odd", in affectionate fashion) unusual desires, she isn't in any way interested in changing that which she is used to. Of course, that doesn't stop her from being an affectionate and helpful character, where need be, as we can see from her outlook towards John.

lazyhappy

FMA:
Mustang- ENTJ (very)
Ed- ENTP with a developed I
Al-INFP (very)
Armstrong- ESFP??
Scar- ISFJ (that whole religious obsession and stuff such as that)
Hughs- ENFJ

Naruto:
Shikamaru: INTP
Naruto: ENFP
Sasuke: ISFJ
Sakura: EXFJ
Gaara: INTJ? (or is he a F?)
Kankuro: ESTP
Tamari: ENTP

Boondocks
Heuy Freman: INTP
Riley Freeman: ENTP
Robert (grandad) Freeman- ISFJ
Tom- ESFJ
Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP
Gim Rummy- INTJ
---
Family guy:

Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INTP
---
Death Note-
Light- ENTJ
L- INTP
Ryuk- ENTP
Near- INTJ
Mello- ENFP

Last edited:

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
true... true. but i was not motivated enough to look for or start just a topic on fma chars... i just wanted to do it under one... i guess...

:)D... actually i didn't know... but whatever.)

This makes sense, the thread might actually do better here than in the other thread, but I'm not completely sure.

Edit: As for fictional characters (I haven't really thoughht which ones are favorite, so here are some assorted characters as they come to me.):

Bourne from the Movies: ISTP

R2D2: ISTP

C3P0: ESFJ

The mom from Manchurian Candidate: ENTJ

Stan Goodspeed (The Rock): ENTP

Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz): ISTJ

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
FMA:
Mustang- ENTJ (very)
Ed- ENTP with a developed I
Al-INFP (very)
Armstrong- ESFP??
Scar- ISFJ (that whole religious obsession and stuff such as that)
Hughs- ENFJ

Those sound pretty good. I'd say Armstrong is ESFJ, with his strong devotion to appearance and his caring nature.

Naruto:
Shikamaru: INTP
Naruto: ENFP
Sasuke: ISFJ
Sakura: EXFJ
Gaara: INTJ? (or is he a F?)
Kankuro: ESTP
Tamari: ENTP

Gaara is ISTJ, without a doubt. He has that whole, "life is meaningless" philosophy, followed by an absolute desire to repay old debts. Sasuke is neurotic from childhood trauma and just plain emo bitchness, so I don't think we can really type him yet.

Boondocks
Heuy Freman: INTP
Riley Freeman: ENTP
Robert (grandad) Freeman- ISFJ
Tom- ESFJ
Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP
Gim Rummy- INTJ

I'm certain Heuy is INFJ. The last episode, he demanded that Riley clean up after himself, imposed sanctions, and even stood guard over him. It was precisely the same way I handled my little brothers when I was babysitting them and they absolutely refused to cooperate. Not to mention he is the character with the most foresight into the future. And he just has the INFJ stone-faced attitude down perfectly. From that episode where Gin had the lemonade stand, I would type her as ISFJ.

Family guy:

Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INTP

Perfect.

Meg- INFP
Peter-ESTP
Lois- ENFJ
Chris-ISFP

Death Note-
Light- ENTJ
L- INTP
Ryuk- ENTP
Near- INTJ
Mello- ENFP

I agree with those.

lazyhappy

Gaara is ISTJ, without a doubt. He has that whole, "life is meaningless" philosophy, followed by an absolute desire to repay old debts. Sasuke is neurotic from childhood trauma and just plain emo bitchness, so I don't think we can really type him yet.
yeah, gaara also likes sensations (my sister said that was a s-thing.. -.-)
... ie-blood spilled when he was cool
and sasuke seems like my freaky grudge-obsessed grandma... so i label him isfj... :D

I'm certain Heuy is INFJ. The last episode, he demanded that Riley clean up after himself, imposed sanctions, and even stood guard over him. It was precisely the same way I handled my little brothers when I was babysitting them and they absolutely refused to cooperate. Not to mention he is the character with the most foresight into the future. And he just has the INFJ stone-faced attitude down perfectly. From that episode where Gin had the lemonade stand, I would type her as ISFJ.
OI! yeah! now that i think about it... huey does seem very infj-ish... but he has a t-ness... i thought... i mean Martin Luther was a infj and huey isn't religious at all, like MLK...(though, in one episode he prayed, but that was when he was totally at the end of the line but said he didn't know who he was praying to- and concluded that he believes we make our own miracles, not some god)... and isn't as nice (i need a better word) as mlk... -ie. when he started punching the dude that was poking at mlk for being un-patriotic...

when nf is versed with nt, from my exparience, nf is somewhat more religious or believes in some (what the word) spiritualness or umm-- damn. but that doesn't mean all nf's do... i have met religious NT's <_< (i was preached by 3 in my life- 2 christians and 1 strong athiest who didn't make sense)... and non-religious NF's...

he could be a intj... but all the intj's i met were rule-following-nerds (no offence intjs...)... infj sounds the most correct though.

(and sorry if i didn't write this well... i need sleep)

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Northern Exposure

Is anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure? Here's a rundown of the main characters, their eccentricities and possible types.

Dr. Joel Fleischman. Owes the state of Alaska five years of service for putting him through med school. New York Jewish guy through and through. Plays golf in the wilds of Alaska, but can't wait to get back to NYC. Type - INTJ

Maggie O'Connell. Female bush pilot. Has a love/hate relationship with Dr. Fleischman, friendly to everyone else. Raised in Gros Pointe Michigan. All her serious boyfriends end up dying in strange ways, eg, one was killed when a satellite fell on him. Type - ESFP

Chris Stevens. Ex-con disc jockey and mail-order minister. Quotes Jung, Whitman, Thoreau, Kierkegaard, Kant, etc. Rides a motorcycle, lives in a mobile home. Babe magnet. Friendly. Renegade who still lives on the edge of the law and respectibility. Type - ENTP

Maurice Minnifield. Former astronaut and ex-Marine. Wealthy Republican who owns the radio station and most of the property in town. Gourmet, likes show tunes, grows orchids, collects antiques. Homophobic & racist. Served in Korea where he fathered a biracial son whom he accepts. Type - ESTJ

Holling Vancouer. Ex-trapper who runs The Brick, the only saloon/ restaurant in town. De facto mayor. Friendly. Married to Shelly Tambo. Type - ESTP

Shelly Tambo. Former beauty queen. Married to Holling, who wooed her away from Maurice. Madly in love with Holling, although she's 40 years younger than he is. Energetic, friendly. Type - ESFP

Ruth Ann Miller. Widow. Runs the general store. Intelligent, opinionated and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Type - INTJ?

Marilyn Whirlwind. Dr. F's receptionist. Intuitive Native American woman who barely speaks and communicates with subtle facial expressions. Type - INFP

Ed Chigliak. Young Native American. Filmmaker. Works for Ruth Ann. Shaman-in-training. Friendly. Type - ENFP

Feel free to add...

What a marvelous series. Archetypes, Jung, symbolism, amazing scenery. David Chase directed the later episodes.

Jae Rae

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about these lovely ladies? I say INFJ for both:

AVP_Xenomorph.jpg
mayreview3.jpg

heart

heart on fire
Horatio Hornblower Characters (from the books)

Hornblower INTJ

Maria --his first wife ISFJ (unhappy marriage)
Barbara -- his second wife ESTJ (happy marriage)
Marie -- his lover INFP
Bush -- ISTP

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
I may need a little help with these;

Stargate Sg-1:

Dr. Daniel Jackson - ENFJ
Lt. Col. Samantha Carter - INTP
Maj. Gen. Jack O'Neill - INTJ
Teal'c - INFP
Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell - ISTJ

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Northern exposure

I've only seen the first season, but I don't know why you would think Marilyn is an N, or why Chris Stevens isn't an NF. He's one of the most NF characters in fiction from what I've seen. Which, as I said, is only the first season.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure? Here's a rundown of the main characters, their eccentricities and possible types.

Dr. Joel Fleischman. Owes the state of Alaska five years of service for putting him through med school. New York Jewish guy through and through. Plays golf in the wilds of Alaska, but can't wait to get back to NYC. Type - INTJ

Maggie O'Connell. Female bush pilot. Has a love/hate relationship with Dr. Fleischman, friendly to everyone else. Raised in Gros Pointe Michigan. All her serious boyfriends end up dying in strange ways, eg, one was killed when a satellite fell on him. Type - ESFP

Chris Stevens. Ex-con disc jockey and mail-order minister. Quotes Jung, Whitman, Thoreau, Kierkegaard, Kant, etc. Rides a motorcycle, lives in a mobile home. Babe magnet. Friendly. Renegade who still lives on the edge of the law and respectibility. Type - ENTP

Maurice Minnifield. Former astronaut and ex-Marine. Wealthy Republican who owns the radio station and most of the property in town. Gourmet, likes show tunes, grows orchids, collects antiques. Homophobic & racist. Served in Korea where he fathered a biracial son whom he accepts. Type - ESTJ

Holling Vancouer. Ex-trapper who runs The Brick, the only saloon/ restaurant in town. De facto mayor. Friendly. Married to Shelly Tambo. Type - ESTP

Shelly Tambo. Former beauty queen. Married to Holling, who wooed her away from Maurice. Madly in love with Holling, although she's 40 years younger than he is. Energetic, friendly. Type - ESFP

Ruth Ann Miller. Widow. Runs the general store. Intelligent, opinionated and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Type - INTJ?

Marilyn Whirlwind. Dr. F's receptionist. Intuitive Native American woman who barely speaks and communicates with subtle facial expressions. Type - INFP

Ed Chigliak. Young Native American. Filmmaker. Works for Ruth Ann. Shaman-in-training. Friendly. Type - ENFP

Feel free to add...

What a marvelous series. Archetypes, Jung, symbolism, amazing scenery. David Chase directed the later episodes.

Jae Rae

Joel and Maggie, check and check

Maurice and Holling, check and check

Shelly and Ed, check and check

BUT

I would say Chris Stevens is an INFP

and Marilyn is an ISFP

and Ruth Ann is too social to be an introvert, maybe ENxJ?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Marilyn is Intuitive. That's made clear throughout the series.

I'm not sure about Chris being an I. I was going by his excellent and friendly relationships with everyone in town, even Maurice whom most people can't stand. Also he's a renegade and irreverent, which I see as classic ENTP. But I agree he could be F. The ENFP I know is a bookseller who used to be a monk and he can't stay mad at anyone.

Ruth Ann was my big question mark. She could be J, but I don't see her as strong a personality as ENTJ. Even though she runs a store, she's quite independent and likes solitary activities like birdwatching and reading, so I pegged her as an I. She's not as critical as Dr. F or Maurice, so now I'm thinking more of her as an INTP, still can be tough when you cross her.

Jae Rae

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Marilyn is Intuitive. That's made clear throughout the series.

I'm not sure about Chris being an I. I was going by his excellent and friendly relationships with everyone in town, even Maurice whom most people can't stand. Also he's a renegade and irreverent, which I see as classic ENTP. But I agree he could be F. The ENFP I know is a bookseller who used to be a monk and he can't stay mad at anyone.

I guess I could see Chris as ENFP, but lean towards INFP. Some INF's can be *incredibly* chatty and comfortable around those they know, and in a small-town setting, you would know everyone. Also, Chris is perfectly fine being by himself all day long, spinning tunes, reading, and quoting from books. And plenty of NF's can be on the 'edge' of society.

I don't agree that Marilyn is intuitive. She comes across as rather new-agey and mystical, which gives her more of a mysterious/intuitive air, but compare her with Chris and they're worlds apart. I guess I see her as more of the artistic ISFP -- an extremely introverted one though. She seemed extremely observant, as far as paying attention to details of everyone/everything around her - and pointing them out to Fleischman often, if I recall correctly.

I don't have any opinions on Ruth Ann. She does have a rather harsh edge to her though - rather brusk/curt responses.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know many INFPs, but the one I know can be chatty and seems quite outgoing. She acknowledges this is from growing up in a family which valued Es. Chris also leans to the SP side - he's an artist and rides a hog. So he could be one of those characters with many sides.

Marilyn is Introverted, that's for sure. [smile.] I don't see her as New Age-y or even mystical - she doesn't have visions or wayout dreams like many other characters - but she does know people and has intuitions about them all the time. Nothing in human behavior surprises her. She also has deep connections to animals, like her ostriches. To me, that says intuitive.

Jae Rae

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear what you're saying. :) (and by the way, I don't have a hugely strong opinion on her, she just doesn't strike me as NF) -- oh and by 'new agey', I think I mean more that she seemed really 'out there' - but granted, this is just how *I* perceived her. :)

But here are a few blurbs on ISFP:

ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.
-----------------------------
ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Horatio Hornblower Characters (from the books)

Hornblower INTJ

Maria --his first wife ISFJ (unhappy marriage)
Barbara -- his second wife ESTJ (happy marriage)
Marie -- his lover INFP
Bush -- ISTP

Nice that you brought this up. I think I agree with you. But I really think that Hornblower is hard to type because of all his weirdness :smile:

Ofcouse, he's a great strategist and planner, but he is also very action-oriented.
And his introversion might be misleading, because he just thinks that is not appropriate for the commander to speak with people of lower standing. And it almost kills him with loneliness. Is he REALLY an introvert? o_O I think that is hard to say.