• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

Akari

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Why hasn't anyone done the Bleach or Halo characters yet? :0 Oh well.

I'd also like to know what Scout and Jem from 'To Kill A Mockingbird' are. Please?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why hasn't anyone done the Bleach or Halo characters yet? :0 Oh well.

I'm pretty sure Ichigo is an ISFP, but the rest... well, I don't know. I kind of think too many of them are based off of anime character types to really be typed.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everybody Loves Raymond:

Ray: INFP?
Deborah ISTJ
Mother ExTJ (I think leaning toward N)
Father ISTJ
Robbie Chart the Course type
Amy ISF type
(not sure of temperament or archetypes on either; have to think about it, or watch them more).

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ray's mother strikes me as SF, but I didn't watch the sitcom much so what do I know...

Let's type the main characters in Hamlet

Hamlet - INxP?
Ophelia
Gertrude
Claudius
Horatio
Polonius
Laertes ESxJ?

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I have tried this in other threads without much response; any idea on the big three characters in Jaws? Brody, Quint and Hooper? Brody is an SJ. I am trying to figure the other two out. The reason why this movie is a classic because these three characters are awesome. It is strangely a character driven movie.

Wht about Alias? The J J Abrams TV show? Jack and Sloane must be INTJ or P (Sloane?); Sydny is ????; Dixon is an SJ and Marshall is an an INTP no doubt.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I have tried this in other threads without much response; any idea on the big three characters in Jaws? Brody, Quint and Hooper? Brody is an SJ. I am trying to figure the other two out. The reason why this movie is a classic because these three characters are awesome. It is strangely a character driven movie.

Wht about Alias? The J J Abrams TV show? Jack and Sloane must be INTJ or P (Sloane?); Sydny is ????; Dixon is an SJ and Marshall is an an INTP no doubt.

Allow me to state my credentials.:devil: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Jaws are my favorite movies of all time. I have probably watched Jaws 30+ times.

So, IMHO, Quint is definitely an SP and probably an ISTP. Hooper is more difficult to type. At first glance I would guess that he is an NT but he could be an NF.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Let's type the main characters in Hamlet

Hamlet - INxP?
Ophelia
Gertrude
Claudius
Horatio
Polonius
Laertes ESxJ?

Hamlet is INFP (Feeler as his plan to feign madness half crosses into real madness, something which a Thinker would be more likely to avoid, as well as his impulsive actions such as killing Polonius and his outbursts towards Ophelia)
Ophelia is ISFJ (she is loyal to her father which seems more J)
Gertrude I think is an ESTP (she easily adapts to her husband's death with little mourning)
Claudius seems ESTJ
Not sure about Horatio, probably an I though
Polonius is ENTJ
Laertes I agree with

Last edited:

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Allow me to state my credentials.:devil: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Jaws are my favorite movies of all time. I have probably watched Jaws 30+ times.

So, IMHO, Quint is definitely an SP and probably an ISTP. Hooper is more difficult to type. At first glance I would guess that he is an NT but he could be an NF.

hooper ENFP or ENTP. That is my dilemma....

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hamlet is INFP (Feeler as his plan to feign madness half crosses into real madness, something which a Thinker would be more likely to avoid, and his impulsive actions such as killing Polonius and his outbursts towards Ophelia)
Ophelia is ISFJ (she is loyal to her father which seems more J)
Gertrude I think is an ESTP (she easily adapts to her husband's death with little mourning)
Claudius seems ESTJ
Not sure about Horatio, probably an I though
Polonius is ENTJ
Laertes I agree with

I agree with most of these except I think Claudius is an ENTJ- NT's can be status-seeking power hungry villains too.. especially the 'villain' part.
Polonious is an ESTP- his character is definitely Se-dominant and obviously a T.
I could argue that Hamlet is a neurotic INTP but INFP seems likely too.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP

What are you saying? That an INFP looks like a neurotic INTP? :shock:
Kidding.

I've been rewatching Thin Red Line, probably my fav. war movie, and I think Witt (played by Jim Caviezel) is one of the clearest INFP characters I've ever seen. Maybe that's why I like the movie so much. And the cast. Didn't realize Adrien Brody was in it.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree with most of these except I think Claudius is an ENTJ- NT's can be status-seeking power hungry villains too.. especially the 'villain' part.
Polonious is an ESTP- his character is definitely Se-dominant and obviously a T.

Okay I can agree with these.

I also read that Horatio is an INFJ, which I can't dispute.
However the same site here also seems to think that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are INTJs, whereas I see them as Extraverts, and Laertes as ENFP of all things...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Anybody want to type the characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

I'm pretty sure Haruhi herself is ENTJ. Any ideas on any of the other characters?

I'd almost guess that all of the characters are Ns. I know people tend to over-type Ns (bias, usually) but for the show to function I almost think that'd be the case for the story to get away with all the weird shit it does.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Okay I can agree with these.

I also read that Horatio is an INFJ, which I can't dispute.
However the same site here also seems to think that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are INTJs, whereas I see them as Extraverts, and Laertes as ENFP of all things...

This is from TypeLogic.
Do not trust their typings- they are awful!

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I second that. Unfortunately I can't recall any prime examples but a number of their typings are cringe worthy.

heart

heart on fire
Hamlet is INFP (Feeler as his plan to feign madness half crosses into real madness, something which a Thinker would be more likely to avoid, as well as his impulsive actions such as killing Polonius and his outbursts towards Ophelia)

Somehow I think if a person goes insane, it won't matter if they are Feeler or Thinker. Nietzsche is said to have been a Thinker.

Don't INTP have shadow Fe outbursts when they get overwhelmed?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Somehow I think if a person goes insane, it won't matter if they are Feeler or Thinker. Nietzsche is said to have been a Thinker.

Don't INTP have shadow Fe outbursts when they get overwhelmed?

Given that ESFJ is the INTP's shadow, my guess is yes they have Fe outbursts.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
John Cusack's character from Martian Child seems to be an INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From Star Wars Saga:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: ISTJ
Darth Vader: ISTJ
Grand Moff Tarkin: ISTJ