• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Demon King From Today Onward (I've posted this before, but I made some revisions and added enneagram)

Yuuri: ENFJ 2w1
Wolfram: ESFP? ENFP? but definitely 4w3 (he's more of a diva than most women hahaha)
Conrad: INTJ 1w2 (this is an interesting combination. he has the unshakable confidence and cool, aristocratic demeanor of an INTJ coupled with the idealism and willingness to serve and sacrifice of a 1w2)
Gwendal: ISTP 5w4 (the 4 explains his stuffed animal fetish)
Lady Cheri: ENFP 4w3
Enisina: ENTJ 8
Gunther: ESFJ 4w3 (another odd combination, although 2w3 is certainly also possible)
Adelbert: ISTP 8w7
Julia: INFJ 1w2
Ken Murata: ENFP or ENTP 7 or 9

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
You know a great fictional INFP archetype? The Iron Giant. Christ, I miss that movie.

annieofgreengables

MBTI Type
INFJ
Is anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure? Here's a rundown of the main characters, their eccentricities and possible types.

Dr. Joel Fleischman. Owes the state of Alaska five years of service for putting him through med school. New York Jewish guy through and through. Plays golf in the wilds of Alaska, but can't wait to get back to NYC. Type - INTJ

Maggie O'Connell. Female bush pilot. Has a love/hate relationship with Dr. Fleischman, friendly to everyone else. Raised in Gros Pointe Michigan. All her serious boyfriends end up dying in strange ways, eg, one was killed when a satellite fell on him. Type - ESFP

Chris Stevens. Ex-con disc jockey and mail-order minister. Quotes Jung, Whitman, Thoreau, Kierkegaard, Kant, etc. Rides a motorcycle, lives in a mobile home. Babe magnet. Friendly. Renegade who still lives on the edge of the law and respectibility. Type - ENTP

Maurice Minnifield. Former astronaut and ex-Marine. Wealthy Republican who owns the radio station and most of the property in town. Gourmet, likes show tunes, grows orchids, collects antiques. Homophobic & racist. Served in Korea where he fathered a biracial son whom he accepts. Type - ESTJ

Holling Vancouer. Ex-trapper who runs The Brick, the only saloon/ restaurant in town. De facto mayor. Friendly. Married to Shelly Tambo. Type - ESTP

Shelly Tambo. Former beauty queen. Married to Holling, who wooed her away from Maurice. Madly in love with Holling, although she's 40 years younger than he is. Energetic, friendly. Type - ESFP

Ruth Ann Miller. Widow. Runs the general store. Intelligent, opinionated and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Type - INTJ?

Marilyn Whirlwind. Dr. F's receptionist. Intuitive Native American woman who barely speaks and communicates with subtle facial expressions. Type - INFP

Ed Chigliak. Young Native American. Filmmaker. Works for Ruth Ann. Shaman-in-training. Friendly. Type - ENFP

Feel free to add...

What a marvelous series. Archetypes, Jung, symbolism, amazing scenery. David Chase directed the later episodes.

Jae Rae

Great thread, Jae Rae! I love this show. I was thinking that Joel might be an ENTJ. I know a few INTJ's, and they seem more "in control" of their tempers and less prone to blow-ups than Joel.

I was thinking that Marilyn is an ISFP (my sister is also an ISFP). I recall one episode in which she is writing in her diary; when Joel reads it, he finds that it's composed of short musings of her observations of the world. An NF (like me, INFJ, and my husband, INFP) would almost definitely have a composition not entirely based on actual, physical observations, but veer away from the physical reality of a situation to contemplate a whole score of related possibilities.

Very fascinating! Interestingly, like you, I am an INFJ and a librarian! I love this stuff!!!
Thank you for your post!!

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Breakfast Club
  • Claire Standish (The Princess): ESFJ
  • Andrew Clarke (The Athlete): ISFP
  • Brian Johnson (The Brain): INTP
  • John Bender (The Criminal): ESTP
  • Allison Reynolds (The Basket Case): INFP
  • Principal Richard "Dick" Vernon: ESTJ

I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on the janitor. He certainly appears in the movie often enough for us to get a glimpse of the type of person he is. For some reason, believe it or not, he strikes me as an NT (specifically ENTP, ENTJ, or maybe even INTJ), but I'm brand new to typing so take that as you will.

MBTI Type
INFP
My thoughts on the Perks of Being a Wallflower characters' MBTI:

Charlie: INFP

Sam: ISFP

Patrick: ENFP

Bob: ESTP

Charlie's Brother: ESTP

Charlie's Sister: ESFJ

Charlie's Father: ISTJ

Charlie's Mother: ESFJ?

Mary Elizabeth: INFJ

Brad: ISfJ, perhaps

Bill: IxFJ?

:bye:

OdangoHead

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Anybody want to type the characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

I'm pretty sure Haruhi herself is ENTJ. Any ideas on any of the other characters?

I'd almost guess that all of the characters are Ns. I know people tend to over-type Ns (bias, usually) but for the show to function I almost think that'd be the case for the story to get away with all the weird shit it does.

Kyon: INTP
Yuki: INTJ
Mikuru: INFP
Koizumi: I have no clue. ENFJ maybe?

OdangoHead

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Also, I have no idea what I'm thinking, but here's the mane six for MLP:

Twilight Sparkle: INTJ
Pinkie Pie: ENFP
Rainbow Dash: ESFP
Fluttershy: ISFP
Rarity: ENFJ
Applejack: ESTJ

MBTI Type
INFP
Looking for Alaska:

Alaska - quintessential ENFP
Miles (Pudge)- INxP
The Colonel- EnTP
Takumi- ESFP
Lara- ISFJ

MBTI Type
INFP
Perks of Being a Wallflower MBTI (edited):

Charlie: INFJ

Sam: ENFJ

Patrick: ENTP

Bob: ESTP

Charlie's Brother: ESTP

Charlie's Sister: ESFJ

Charlie's Father: ISTJ

Charlie's Mother: ESFJ?

Mary Elizabeth: ENTJ

Brad: ISfJ, perhaps

Bill: IxFJ?

S

Stansmith

The Gambler by Fyodor Dostoevsky (halfway through..)

Alexey Ivanovitch - INFJ in an inferior Se-grip
Granny - ESTP 7w8 Sx/So
Polina - ENTJ
Mr. Astley - ISJ
Marquis Des Grieux - NTJ
Mlle. Blanche - ETP 3w4
The General - ESJ

The Fall by Albert Camus:

Clamence - ETP 3w2

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ