• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Chopper: Sr & jr

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Did any of you watch the show?

I have a few times and find it interesting not because of the choppers but because it is interesting to watch the relationship between the dad and the son, Paul Senior and Paul Junior.

What do you think are personality types of Paul Senior and Paul Junior?

My guesses are ESTJ for Senior and ISTP for Junior.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I can't watch that show for more than a few seconds at a time. Like that other STP Dog the Bounty Hunter... too many reminders of my childhood.

They all seem like STPs on AC, except for that one son. The one they're always picking on, who doesn't seem to fit in with the rest? Yeah, I'd peg him as an NF... he needs to get the hell out of there before he blows his brains out.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
It's tricky because they are both artisans but there are some clues.

Senior demands a clean shop and so that is some clear J. It's also clear that Senior likes the spotlight more than Junior, so I would say there is his E. And of course he has that love for tradition, so that is clear S. But when you see him with either Mikey or his dogs, his F side seems to really stick out. I think ESFJ, possibly ESTJ.

Junior has a few surprising N qualities as he is into the fabrication and designing aspects of building. He isn't as pedantic as your typical ISTP either. I'm leaning toward INTP for him, especially when you consider the "tradition vs. progressive" battle that seems to be constantly going on between Senior and Junior.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
[
Junior ... He isn't as pedantic as your typical ISTP either.

None of the ISTP's I know are very pedantic. I still see him as very clear ISTP.

They all seem like STPs on AC, except for that one son. The one they're always picking on, who doesn't seem to fit in with the rest? Yeah, I'd peg him as an NF... he needs to get the hell out of there before he blows his brains out.

I too think that the other son is NF. I think the dad let's the NF son get away things much easier than Paul Jr.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
None of the ISTP's I know are very pedantic. I still see him as very clear ISTP.

Really? I've yet to meet an ISTP who wasn't at least a little pedantic. The ones I have know, especially the artisan ones, love to show off what they know.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Really? I've yet to meet an ISTP who wasn't at least a little pedantic. The ones I have know, especially the artisan ones, love to show off what they know.

I might understand pedantic differently than you (I'm not native english speaker). I had to look up that word from dictionary, the translation in english:

1. ostentatious in one's learning.
2. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching

then I had to look up word ostentatious:
1. characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
2. (of actions, manner, qualities exhibited, etc.) intended to attract notice: Lady Bountiful's ostentatious charity.

Doesn't seem like the ISTP's that I know. Or maybe they are all INTJ's? :D

Aren't ISTJ's pedantic rather than ISTP's?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I might understand pedantic differently than you (I'm not native english speaker). I had to look up that word from dictionary, the translation in english:

1. ostentatious in one's learning.
2. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching

then I had to look up word ostentatious:
1. characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
2. (of actions, manner, qualities exhibited, etc.) intended to attract notice: Lady Bountiful's ostentatious charity.

Doesn't seem like the ISTP's that I know. Or maybe they are all INTJ's? :D

Aren't ISTJ's pedantic rather than ISTP's?

Nah, ISTJs are usually incredibly reserved. INTJs are very pedantic, as are some INFJs. But the biggest pedants by far are INTPs and ISTPs. I actually started a thread on this a ways back.