• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Flashdance

cfs1992

I was trying to figure out the type of the main character of this movie, Alex. Which type can she be? Is she a kind of ISFP? I am not sure... Any guesses?

KDude

Heh I saw this when I was 5 or something..always stuck with me, even though I'm a guy.

Yeah, IFP, I think too. And I think Beals is probably ISFP herself.

cfs1992

INFP makes lots of sense, her idealistic nature, she follows her dreams (become a classic dancer) in spite of her life difficulties. The Fi dom is clear, IMO.

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I think the movie as a whole is INFP. I wonder about her boyfriend though. What type do you think he is and are they compatible?

I now have Maniac playing in my head XD

Last edited:

cfs1992

About her boyfriend, I find it a little bit hard, because the movie doesn't show too much about his personality. Maybe some ExxJ? Among the ExxJ types, I think that ESTJ would be the less compatible with INFP...

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
All the soundtrack is great! :D

About her boyfriend, I find it a little bit hard, because the movie doesn't show too much about his personality. Maybe some ExxJ? Among the ExxJ types, I think that ESTJ would be the less compatible with INFP...

Maybe ENFJ or ESFJ? He's encouraging but realistic. The realist to her idealist.

cfs1992

Yes, I think ESFJ fits him very well... He's a realist, you can see it when he tries to help her, and the way he cares about her is in an SJ way, in my point of view. The practical support he gaves her during the movie... well, I can see him as ESFJ...

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Mhmm and a ESFJ would be a good influence on her type.

I'd say her friend Jeanie is a disillusioned INFP and her boyfriend Richie a ESFP or ESTP.

cfs1992

Oh, in my opinion Jeanie is an ISFP (also disillusioned), I don't think she's as idealistic as Alex to be an INFP too... and Richie is an ESFP (I can't imagine him being a T).
So:
Alex: INFP
Nick: ESFJ
Jeanie: ISFP
Richie: ESFP

I think that the others characters would be hard to type, as Jeanie's parents, the bar owner etc...