• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Bang Theory

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That isn't Ni. That's just random insanity -- which could be and almost certainly is either Ne or Se. Ni is forethought.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha! You guys fail. :blush:

Leonard - IxFJ - obvious need for Fe input + positive inclination towards relational Fe-oriented topics and environment.

Functionally, I'd say ISFJ but if we center it on the background of the portrayed character, N is for science.

Sheldon - INTP - stiff and disinclination towards Fe environment + Strong Ti in terms of having strong attachment towards things like his "equation board" and the rest of his logical projection of internal models(e.g. his special seat). Scientific endeavors stemming from "Ne type of experimental interests" rationalizes strong Si.

Because he judges his possession to not adapt towards an external system, it becomes more externally demanding and private. To explain, Te is technical whore because it orients itself around an objective criteria while Ti is more self-contained.(I relate to this organizational and non-flexible mentality.) Don't forget, IxTP's are dominant Judgers. In conclusion, ISTJ is not functionally logical to fit observation.

....this is why four letters don't serve enough to explain...(emphasis on the "P" letter). Notice similarities between P dominants. ExxP's and IxxJ's tends to be confused with each other because of articulation function(Je).

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That isn't Ni. That's just random insanity -- which could be and almost certainly is either Ne or Se. Ni is forethought.

Agreed. That is not an example of Ni, not even close.

Ha! You guys fail. :blush:

Leonard - IxFJ - obvious need for Fe input + positive inclination towards relational Fe-oriented topics and environment.

Functionally, I'd say ISFJ but if we center it on the background of the portrayed character, N is for science.

Sheldon - INTP - stiff and disinclination towards Fe environment + Strong Ti in terms of having strong attachment towards things like his "equation board" and the rest of his logical projection of internal models(e.g. his special seat). Significant Si brought from "Ne type of experimental interests" explains scientific endeavors.

Because he judges his possession to not adapt towards an external system, it becomes more externally demanding and private. To explain, Te is technical whore because it orients itself around an objective criteria while Ti is more self-contained.(I relate to this organizational and non-flexible mentality.) Don't forget, IxTP's are dominant Judgers. In conclusion, ISTJ is not functionally logical to fit observation.

....this is why four letters don't serve enough to explain...(emphasis on the "P" letter).

Agreed on Leonard. Totally INFJ, though I agree ISFJ would also be a possibility: we don't have any real evidence of S vs N except that he's a scientist.

Sheldon is a puzzle. He is not like any scientist I've ever known, and I've known very very many, having gone through a graduate physics program, myself.

There's definitely an "asperger's" template being used, and writers are going with that, and not any normal personality profile. He acts very "J", which makes one suspect TJ, but the only "Te behavior" (in quotes for a reason) I see from him is the asperger's, insisting that his environment be arranged thus-and-so. We never ever see him figuring things out in an INTJ way, just seeming to "know" things or deduce things from shreds of evidence. He never does the Ni context-shifting of "Oh, if I look at this just slightly differently, it all works better" ... his asperger's template prevents him from doing that, though that cause/effect could simply be a limitation of the writers.

Given Sheldon's rather precise manner about things, I can see INTP and a strong Ti, but it's still affected by the asperger's, giving the impression of a strong J. I could see him being INTP, with TiNeSiFe, with the "baby ISFJ" (SiFe) expressing the asperger's tendencies.

Most any analysis has to be sheer guesswork, though, with writers' inconsistencies, the asperger's template, the actor's own type (whatever that is), combined with no conscious usage of MBTI archetypes.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Leonard - INxP (not certain of him usually to shows give the protagonist a personality that's hard to determine so everyone can relate to them so he could be an ISFJ for all I know. However, I'm certain he's an introvert and he seems to think about the future a bit with Penny more than Penny does anyway and he looks at the big picture when trying to solve an issue so probably an N. Not sure about others though)
Sheldon - INTP (but with aspergers so doesn't like change etc)
Raj - INFP
Howard - ESTP
Penny - ESFP
Bernadette - ENFJ
Amy - INTJ
Stuart - ISFP
Sheldon's mum - ESFJ
Leonard's mum - INTJ
Lucy - INFJ

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sheldon- INTP, He's clearly in a Ti-Si loop, with aspergers and is very exaggerated.

Leonard- IxFJ, He doesn't seem to have a preference but I'm leaning towards INFJ because of the Ni Si clashes between him and Sheldon.

Howard- ENTP, He usually uses tons of Ne and Fe.

Raj- INFP, I see Fi and Ne.
Penny- ESFP
Bernadette- INFJ
Amy- INTJ
Stuart- ISFP

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sheldon - INTP with developed Si and a preference leaning towards J from his asperger's.

Leonard - INFJ. I initially thought INFP but he uses Ti and Fe. And I don't see much Ne there.

Amy - INTX. INTP? I'm pretty sure she uses Ti-Ne.

Penny - ESFP. Classic.

Raj - So INFP haha.

Howard - ENTP. I can see Ne use in his spontaneous humour style.

Bernadette - INFJ.

Stuart - ISFP.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sheldon - INFJ with OCD
Howard - ENTP
Leonard - ISTJ
Penny - ESFP

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My husband is a fan of this show and we're binge watching it on Netflix.

Sheldon - INTJ or ISTJ, this is one is pretty difficult for me to pinpoint.
Leonard - INFJ
Howard - ENFP
Raj - INTP
Penny - ESFP