• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Ozzy and Sharon

alicia91

Your thoughts on these two please!

I'd say she's EXTJ?? He's more IXXP?? Honestly I'm so new to this I have no clue!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
This is a tough one to guess. I would say that she is an EntJ and he is an ISFP? His past (drugs and alcohol) have affect his personality, so I don't think it's possible to guess his type for sure. :huh:

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ozzy Osbourne: ESTP - He strikes me as somebody who will gain attention through logic and calculating means, as shown by his reasoning behind that 'dove' stunt - to gain attention, do something shocking. He didn't just stir the pot because he felt like it. This is an example of Introverted Thinking. Plus, he would have to have some kind of rapport with his audience, so Extraverted Feeling would be third. The main reason is because his financial ambitions come before pleasing his audience these days. His drug and alcohol abuse makes him almost as hard to crack as David Bowie.

Sharon Osbourne: ENTJ - Yes, I agree. She has dominated Ozzy (more or less) throughout their marriage, even physically fighting with him back when he was on drugs. You don't want to get on her bad side, as shown when she deliberately ripped off Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake by re-recording the Blizzard of Ozz/Diary of a Madman bass/drum tracks, thus cheating them out of future royalties. She was looking to the future when she did that. She is also something of an innovator - I mean, she did create Ozzfest. Her forays with plastic surgery would also have one of her four main functions as Extraverted Sensing (aesthetic appeal).

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any new thoughts about Ozzy? I haven't thought much about it yet, except that I think he's an Extrovert.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, he really doesn't seem Intuitive. So I guess ES, at least. Maybe ESP, though a lot of rock musicians are getting that fit.

Any takers?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ozzy Osbourne: ENFP. If you look at an ENFP like Peter Griffin, I think you will see the similarities. He is goofy, exuberant, very imaginative and quite unpractical with very few common sense.

Sharon: I dont know her very well, but she strikes me as an ESTJ. She seem to be strict, concrete, efficient, to have common sense and to be very good at keeping her goofy husband in line.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think the best way to determine this is to listen to the words of Ozzy himself:

ozzy osbourne said:
fewsgh iop afae dfm e musician kl;knge guitar ;ipm concert rte drinking awpqerafd sa shock erqwwer qa in the 70's .

I hope that clears things up.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ozzy: ISFP
Sharon: ESTJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ozzy O has not the practical sense or sensory awareness of an SP. He is an ENFP.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ozzy O has not the practical sense or sensory awareness of an SP. He is an ENFP.

:thinking: I always attributed his obliviousness to being utterly impaired by god knows what combination of substances, hah.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:thinking: I always attributed his obliviousness to being utterly impaired by god knows what combination of substances, hah.

He has always been oblivious an he still be oblivious now while he is a relatively sober 60-something man. So, his obliouviousness is due to his ENFP type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ozzy: ??FP 6w7 Sx/Sp
Sharon: ES?? 3w2 So/Sx

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And how that eliminate th option of ENFP for him?

It doesn't, it just answers your objection to ISFP.

I actually find ENFPs to be very aware of what's going on around them, due to their Ne. Sure, many of them can be impractical, but so can ISFPs. ISFPs swim in the very subjective world of Fi/Se and a lot of them are not good communicators.

Look at the temperaments, he's a total SP hedonist and shows very little to suggest NF. I also don't see anything to suggest Ne, which would most likely be pretty obvious for an ENFP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sharon ESFJ
Ozzy ISFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't, it just answers your objection to ISFP.

I actually find ENFPs to be very aware of what's going on around them, due to their Ne. Sure, many of them can be impractical, but so can ISFPs. ISFPs swim in the very subjective world of Fi/Se and a lot of them are not good communicator

Look at the temperaments, he's a total SP hedonist and shows very little to suggest NF. I also don't see anything to suggest Ne, which would most likely be pretty obvious for an ENFP.

Typing someone as an SP, especially when he exibits so much sensotard-ness just because he is "hedonisitic" is stupid.

Ozzy O has not the sensory awareness and the practical orientation of an SP. And, since you talk about temperaments, that's what the Artisan temperament is about, that's not just about "hedonism". ENPs are hedonistic too.

He is exuberant and loudmouth, and a good communicator anyway. So he is an Extrovert. But absolutely not a Sensor. As an ENFP, he is goofy and sensotard, exuberant and his Ne is obvious.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Typing someone as an SP, especially when he exibits so much sensotard-ness just because he is "hedonisitic" is stupid.

Just because he's hedonistic? Did you read anything else I wrote? He shows 0 signs of Ne from everything I've seen - and I've been a fan of his for 20 years. Could you show an example of him that displays his Ne? How about a YouTube video? Should be pretty easy to find if he's an ENFP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because he's hedonistic?

Yes. That's your only one argument. Outside of that claim that ISFPs can, be sensotard and unpractical. But that's just wrong, especially about a guy in his 60s.

Could you show an example of him that displays his Ne? How about a YouTube video? Should be pretty easy to find if he's an ENFP.

An Se user is the master of physical techniques. Ne is innovation. Of course some people can do both, but in the case of Ozzy O, there's no amiguity. He's a very innovative and imaginative guy, but he never displayed any particular physical ability. Thinking about people who go to watch horror movies in cinema, and wonder why if people like to watch scary movies they would not like to listen a scary song and then go with buddies and invent a new musical genre is a very good exemple of Ne.

In this video we can see that Ozzy O is clearly an inferior Si and not very Se: he has poor dexterity and is not at ease with the use of all theses physical things in the kitchen. He's totally aborbed in his rants and his discussion with the interviewer (Ne) at the point of breaking eggs next to the glass (repression of Si).

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You make some good points, however the band as a horror movie idea was Geezer Butlers. He also took acid every day for an entire year which has undoubtedly complicated things. It's impossible to say how that's affected his brain. Unfortunately I don't think there's any video of him before his acid binge which was around 1968.

Drugs can definitely make typing much more difficult. If you look at Stevie Nicks for example, she comes off like an ESTJ in a lot of recent interviews. If you go back to the mid seventies she comes off as a clear INFJ. If anything, that kind of drug abuse points to Se. I fully acknowledge that all types can abuse drugs, including ENFP. I can't think of one ENFP who've completely shut out the world to go on an extended drug binge though. I can think of some ISFPs:

Miles Davis
Marvin Gaye
Charlie Parker
David Bowie
Dave Navarro

That being said, you may be right. There's something about the way he rambles on that could be the brain-dead version of Ne. I don't really see any actual, practical use of Ne at any point during his career, nor do I see anything that points to NF. Still, despite all that, I can't rule out ENFP.