• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Ozzy and Sharon

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. True SPs combine sensation-seeking personality with practicality, dexterity, common sens and ability to use sensation to their profit and awareness of details. Ozzy Osbourne is not like that. Ozzy Osbourne is an ENFP.

Re: SP - agreed. SPs can be overt pleasure-seekers, but they're not usually 'weird, oblivious, otherworldly, impractical, or common sense-less'. In fact, SPs - especially ESP types can have a strong aversion to the idea of being weird - it can be a hot button from Ni tertiary/inferior.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Re: SP - agreed. SPs can be overt pleasure-seekers, but they're not usually 'weird, oblivious, otherworldly, impractical, or common sense-less'. In fact, SPs - especially ESP types can have a strong aversion to the idea of being weird - it can be a hot button from Ni tertiary/inferior.

ESPs are Si ignoring, and Se mastering, making them scattered and oblvious but practical.
ENP are Si repressing and Se awkward, making them scattered and oblivious and impractical.

Thoses are the différences, and Ozzy O is an ENP. An ENFP.

OO_isnt_ENFP

Yes, I realize this is an old thread. However, I joined this forum for one reason and one reason alone: to say that there's no way Ozzy Osborne is an ENFP. Anybody who thinks Ozzy Osborne is an ENFP (or Peter Griffin from Family Guy - wtf?!) simply does not understand Ne.

Some issues I'm seeing here...

-Not taking Ozzy's profession into account: I see a lot of "well Ozzy is clumsy and oblivious" - when he's in the kitchen frying eggs. Surely we've all known dudes - yes, even sensor dudes! - who are totally lost in the kitchen, because it's socially acceptable for dudes to not know how to cook. But remember, Ozzy is a performer. If you've ever been in a band, it's a highly physical act requiring a keen sense of timing, rhythm, and interplay with the other people on stage. It's almost literally a team sport, one that the man has wrapped his life around. On stage, he's anything but clumsy and oblivious.

-Not taking the music scene into account: Yes, Ozzy can seem weird - to us. If you've ever spent 5 minutes around anybody involved in the performing arts, though, it becomes immediately obvious that these performers are not like us - they have their own jargon, their own way of expressing themselves, their own norms about what you can and can't do. For Ozzy's profession, the weird stuff he's done is just another day at the macho rock dude office.

-Defining Ne by what it's not: I'm seeing a lot of "Well Ne is clumsy, Ne is oblivious" etc etc. These are all arguments about what Ne isn't, what Ne doesn't do well, without focusing on what Ne is and what Ne does do well. Yeah, Ozzy can ramble, but in these rambles, have you ever heard him express something abstract?

The man's a textbook SP.

redrocker

MBTI Type
INFP
That was my take about 6 years ago. I'm firmly of the opinion now that Ozzy is ENFP and Sharon is ENTJ.

Hmm. I'm having trouble seeing that. But I'm open to hearing more.

I'm leaning towards this:
Ozzy - IS*P
Sharon - E**J

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
People don't know what Ne is.
No one here knows their own type profile.
What else could I say.
Everyone is gay.
What else should I be.
No apologies.

He definitely had a gun.

What was the question?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
YouTube

The way he speaks is heavily laden with Si emphaticness. He also has the Fi/Te dynamic where he pushes outwards neutrally, but has an internal emotional resonation when drawing inwards, with the Fi being the stronger side.

As such, he reads as an INFP to me.

OO_isnt_ENFP

What I don't understand is, where are people seeing the Ne with Ozzy? (Or Ni, for that matter). When I watch or listen to Ozzy talk, I get the sense that there's zero abstraction going on. He's a quintessential "here and now" type.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
What I don't understand is, where are people seeing the Ne with Ozzy? (Or Ni, for that matter). When I watch or listen to Ozzy talk, I get the sense that there's zero abstraction going on. He's a quintessential "here and now" type.

For example, in this interview, Conan is asking Ozzy questions, and Ozzy says "Where is this leading?!" - suggesting that he's not in the visceral here and now, but in the flowing here and now where patterns are continuously being formed. He's sending his mind one step ahead, in contrast with Ni which is the one which tends to do the leading itself with what it brings to the situation (I think Conan is an ENTP, not an NJ, but the phrase may suggest that Ozzy is kinda built for interacting with Ni).

In terms of what he says generally, I get a sense that he's a very "walk down memory lane" sort of person (Si) but with a heavy dose of weirdness/randomness/brainstorming etc. (Ne)

Some abstraction that I recall going on is when he says things like "I'm (such and such type of person), I do (this and that)". That would be abstracting paired with intrapersonal thinking - Ne+Fi.

skimpit

Ha, this discussion was fun to read.

I have no opinion on Ozzy's type.

Just that I have less faith in this forum at the end of reading than I started out with :p And I didn't have very much.

OO_isnt_ENFP

Some abstraction that I recall going on is when he says things like "I'm (such and such type of person), I do (this and that)". That would be abstracting paired with intrapersonal thinking - Ne+Fi.

You just described Ti, defining people/experiences/ideas in a makeshift type of formal logic: "because X, therefore Y." The "where is this leading?" comment also suggests the same.

In terms of what he says generally, I get a sense that he's a very "walk down memory lane" sort of person (Si) but with a heavy dose of weirdness/randomness/brainstorming etc. (Ne)
His weirdness/randomness is in no way Ne-abstract, though. He's a showman putting on a performance, trying to elicit a visceral reaction from his audience. Se-Fe.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You just described Ti, defining people/experiences/ideas in a makeshift type of formal logic: "because X, therefore Y." The "where is this leading?" comment also suggests the same.

His weirdness/randomness is in no way Ne-abstract, though. He's a showman putting on a performance, trying to elicit a visceral reaction from his audience. Se-Fe.

I'm changing my typing of Ozzy to "I don't know".