• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Ozzy and Sharon

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You make some good points, however the band as a horror movie idea was Geezer Butlers.

Thank you, I did not know that. But I think he still come accross as a "big idea bouncer" accross the band anyway.

He also took acid every day for an entire year which has undoubtedly complicated things. It's impossible to say how that's affected his brain. Unfortunately I don't think there's any video of him before his acid binge which was around 1968.

Drugs can definitely make typing much more difficult. If you look at Stevie Nicks for example, she comes off like an ESTJ in a lot of recent interviews. If you go back to the mid seventies she comes off as a clear INFJ.

The thing is that Ozzy Osbourne don't take drugs anymore, since several years know. And he still consistent in his personality throughout the decades. So I don't take that into consideration. If I type the guy he is today, he is an ENFP, and if I type the guy of yesterday, he was an ENFP too.

If anything, that kind of drug abuse points to Se. I fully acknowledge that all types can abuse drugs, including ENFP. I can't think of one ENFP who've completely shut out the world to go on an extended drug binge though.

Being aknowledged of the manifestations of the shadow function help to avoid that error. For ENPs, Se is called their "devilish" function. Which means that they can use it to an extreme, but without the practical, down-to-earth style and the dexterity of an SP. For Ozzy it's totally that: he ate bats, was an hardcore alcool and drug user, but he still had no particular ability in the use of Se, even now that he is a quite old man.

I can think of some ISFPs:

Miles Davis
Marvin Gaye
Charlie Parker
David Bowie
Dave Navarro

The ISFP is the quiet sensualist, the stoic sculptor. Theses people fits that description. But not Ozzy Osbourne, he has not a strong interest in scuplting the physical musical form in a subtle and stoic way like them.

And theses guys you quoted have not the sensotard-ness of Ozzy, not his goofy and wild exuberance either. You will never find them be as awkward as Ozzy in the video I posted, not either behave like this:

That being said, you may be right. There's something about the way he rambles on that could be the brain-dead version of Ne. I don't really see any actual, practical use of Ne at any point during his career, nor do I see anything that points to NF. Still, despite all that, I can't rule out ENFP.

He does exibit NF characteristics, but as an ENFP, it's mixed with wild hedonism and delusion, the song Crazy Train is an example: it's wild, exuberant, explosive and also has lyrics abstract in speech and oriented toward ethics and appeal to universal love. This and endless mental explorations are strong trends in his music. Ne and Fi above all.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
His brain has been warped from doing acid every day for a year since 1968, so everything you'll probably ever see from him on video is after that. I don't know if you've ever done acid, but I can't believe that a person would even be able to tie their shoes after that. The long term effects of acid on the brain don't just go away when a person gets older

Either way, it's purely speculative to say how much of an effect it's had on him and how it's affected his personality.

ENFPs, in my opinion, are not that clumsy. Ni primaries are much more clumsy. Ne requires an awareness of the outside world.

ENFPS:

Amanda Palmer
Jewel
Justin Timberlake
Rod Stewart
Dolly Parton
Janis Joplin
Neko Case
Bruce Springsteen
Cyndi Lauper
John Lennon
Sage Francis
Lucy Spraggan
Flea
Kat Parsons
Ben Zander
Stoll Vaughan
Bill Clinton
Robin Williams
Shaquille O’Neal
Manny Ramirez

The only one who I'd say is oblivious and clumsy and reminds me of Ozzy is Manny Ramirez

Also, Bob Daisley, the bass player, wrote the lyrics to Crazy Train. Ozzy wrote the vocal melody. He rarely writes any of his own lyrics.

Again, you may be right. I'm not saying I know you're wrong. You've made some valid points and I could see him as an ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs, in my opinion, are not that clumsy. Ni primaries are much more clumsy. Ne requires an awareness of the outside world.

sorry...i keep getting bothered when i keep seeing misinformation like the above. that just simply is not true...like at all.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorry...i keep getting bothered when i keep seeing misinformation like the above. that just simply is not true...like at all.

What's not true about it specifically? Are you saying that ENFPs are more clumsy than Ni primaries? Make your case.

It's also pretty subjective, and, as stated, it's my opinion. This isn't a mater of 'factual information'. You can't quantify how clumsy a personality type is.

So please explain.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's not true about it specifically? Are you saying that ENFPs are more clumsy than Ni primaries? Make your case.

It's also pretty subjective, and, as stated, it's my opinion. This isn't a mater of 'factual information'. You can't quantify how clumsy a personality type is.

So please explain.

just all the dom ne types i've known myself included are more clumsy and absent minded than anyone i've met of any other type.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
just all the dom ne types i've known myself included are more clumsy and absent minded than anyone i've met of any other type.

There's a difference between clumsy and absent minded. All N primaries are especially prone to being absent minded, but that's not what I was talking about.

Ne primaries are typically more aware of their environment than Ni primaries due to the fact that Ne perceives data about the environment in real time while Ni is the most unconscious function and it takes place entirely inside the head - detached from the outside world. In fact, it works best in complete sensory isolation with no connection to the outside world whatsoever.

SPs are more graceful than Ne primaries in most contexts for sure, but I disagree with your take on Ne vs. Ni and their relationship to the physical world.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a difference between clumsy and absent minded. All N primaries are especially prone to being absent minded, but that's not what I was talking about.

Ne primaries are typically more aware of their environment than Ni primaries due to the fact that Ne perceives data about the environment in real time while Ni is the most unconscious function and it takes place entirely inside the head - detached from the outside world. In fact, it works best in complete sensory isolation with no connection to the outside world whatsoever.

SPs are more graceful than Ne primaries in most contexts for sure, but I disagree with your take on Ne vs. Ni and their relationship to the physical world.

alright...i disagree with yours too. i get ideas from out there
but i wouldn't say that's through my visual observation as much as it is conversations and ideas

it's entirely possible and i suspect that i use both ne/ ni but i wasn't just talking about me. my enfp dad, enfp sister, entp son, 2 enfp close friends, an enfp bf etc etc

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, we all use both Ni and Ne. And I'm sure your friends and family are very clumsy. It's just a weak case if you're going to accuse me of spreading misinformation.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, we all use both Ni and Ne. And I'm sure your friends and family are very clumsy. It's just a weak case if you're going to accuse me of spreading misinformation.

as you said it was subjective and not something one could quantify so i suspect any of my arguments would've been considered weak.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also...i'm totally not trying to be argumentative for no reason was just trying to say that's not my experience. for some reason it matters to me that people trying to figure out their types don't get confused by stuff that doesn't ring true.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also...i'm totally not trying to be argumentative for no reason was just trying to say that's not my experience. for some reason it matters to me that people trying to figure out their types don't get confused by stuff that doesn't ring true.

I don't question your intentions. Just your tact and your knowledge.

I'm listening if you have something of substance to say. I've eaten crow and admitted I'm wrong or changed my opinion many times. I'm not above it. But if you're going to talk to me like I'm an idiot then you aught to be ready to drop some knowledge.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm listening if you have something of substance to say. I've eaten crow and admitted I'm wrong or changed my opinion many times. I'm not above it. But if you're going to talk to me like I'm an idiot then you aught to be ready to drop some knowledge.

i wasn't talking to you like you were an idiot. i have a very non judgy upbeat and friendly head voice. i should put that in my signature so people stop reading me like whatever assholes they're forced to interact with every day.

i'm like no way...that can't be true! why you peps gotta keep spreading all this misinformation. ??!!

but whatever...for reals...i am surprised quite a lot that you have found ni doms to be clumsy at all much less the clumsiest of all...it's not such the cool title tho you're welcome to have it.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i wasn't talking to you like you were an idiot. i have a very non judgy upbeat and friendly head voice. i should put that in my signature so people stop reading me like whatever assholes they're forced to interact with every day.

i'm like no way...that can't be true! why you peps gotta keep spreading all this misinformation. ??!!

but whatever...for reals...i am surprised quite a lot that you have found ni doms to be clumsy at all much less the clumsiest of all...it's not such the cool title tho you're welcome to have it.

Lol. I'm sure you're lovely in person. Have a great weekend. xo

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

lady x, you remind me of sharon osbourne for some reason...i have no idea why!!!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lady x, you remind me of sharon osbourne for some reason...i have no idea why!!!

it has to have something to do with these avatars haha i am not a thing like her.

omg i just realized do you think i'm being read differently with her face?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
it has to have something to do with these avatars haha i am not a thing like her.

omg i just realized do you think i'm being read differently with her face?
i don't know why you think you're being read negatively. lady x, this forum is filled with people who project their insecurities, assumptions, and worst fears onto other people. people in real life are like that too, but i think there's a higher than average incidence on here. chillax, let people on here read you however they want. it says more about them than it does about you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know why you think you're being read negatively. lady x, this forum is filled with people who project their insecurities, assumptions, and worst fears onto other people. people in real life are like that too, but i think there's a higher than average incidence on here. chillax, let people on here read you however they want. it says more about them than it does about you.

yeeahh!! i like it...and i like you. haha thanks lady.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ozzy's weird, oblivious, otherworldly, impractical, and common sense-less profile is the result of an extreme sensation-seeking personality, or as we like to call them SPs.

Sharon I could see as ESTJ, and Ozzy as ISFP, fitting Keirsey's duality model.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ozzy's weird, oblivious, otherworldly, impractical, and common sense-less profile is the result of an extreme sensation-seeking personality, or as we like to call them SPs.

No. True SPs combine sensation-seeking personality with practicality, dexterity, common sens and ability to use sensation to their profit and awareness of details. Ozzy Osbourne is not like that. Ozzy Osbourne is an ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Also real quick I think what we were talking about has something to do with inxj use of se.

We don't have that. Ne users are often clumsy due to our lack of se. I often feel about 10% present in my physical body and it makes me unaware of things around me in a concrete way. It's all being experienced sort of like an impressionistic painting.