• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The L Word

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I finally watched all of the seasons and am now interested in hearing opinions about the character's types. I'll start.

Bette - ENTJ
Tina - ISFJ
Kit - Useless character so who cares
Shane - ISTP/ISFP
Jenny - INFP (a good example of a fairly twisted one)
Alice - ExFx, probably S
Helena - ENFJ (she started off pretty boring but got WAY better in the later seasons.)
Dana - xSTJ
Max - ISTP
Carmen - ESFJ
Marina - Dunno
Papi - Dunno, maybe ESFP
Jodi - ESTP (very strong Se)
Tasha - ISTJ (straight up)

There are a shitload more characters that have come and gone throughout the show, so please add more as you think of them.

revolve

you did great! i concur! i'm leaning towards enfp for alice . . . & i always thought kit was annoying / completely useless too . . . ha!

MBTI Type
INxJ
you did great! i concur! i'm leaning towards enfp for alice . . . & i always thought kit was annoying / completely useless too . . . ha!

The actress is actually good. The writing for her was bad. With the exception of the asian girl in the last season and Bette, all of the non-white characters were giant stereotypes.

OP: I agree with Tina, Jenny, Shane, Helena, and Tasha. Why do you think Bette is a T? I could go either way, so I'm curious about your reasoning.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Hmmm...ENFP is possible, but I'd like to hear more about why you think she's an N and not an S.

OP: I agree with Tina, Jenny, Shane, Helena, and Tasha. Why do you think Bette is a T? I could go either way, so I'm curious about your reasoning.

Do you think that Shane is ISTP or ISFP? I can't decide.

As for Bette, I say she's a T because, unless in the throws of some relational problem, she is hyper-Te rational. She is bossy, domineering, and cold in a way that Helena (the ENFJ) wasn't (even when her character was written in "bossy" mode.) The things she does just seem very very Te.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm leaning towards T.

It doesn't seem like she feels much at all except towards her friends. Even then she's really reserved about her own inner workings with the few people she does trust. Maybe because she was damaged so early on she removed herself from emotions, or she hides them even from herself.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
i agree for the most part orangey. interesting take on helena, i figured she would've been impossible to type because her personality seemed to change every season. i didn't have a clue about Jenny either, just I?F?.

i think Bette could be ESTJ.

i had that same thought about shane too, ISTP or damaged ISFP. i think the actress is probably ISFP, which affects the character. they seem to want to present her as ISTP, cool, collected, detached, but because the show loves drama, they create more F in their characters. i think ISTPs tend to htink about things a bit more before acting/expressing herself than she does and be less inclinded to other people, so perhaps she's ISFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
interesting take on helena, i figured she would've been impossible to type because her personality seemed to change every season.

Well, I think she was consciously trying to be a controlling bitch when she first appeared on the show. They even justified it later (in the finale) when she told Bette that she was acting that way in order to compete with her. But her later personality is more like how she is naturally supposed to be, and she came off as ENFJ to me.

i didn't have a clue about Jenny either, just I?F?.

I dunno, I thought Jenny was straight-up INFP. She can't really be any other type.

i think Bette could be ESTJ.

Yeah, you could be right on this one.

i had that same thought about shane too, ISTP or damaged ISFP. i think the actress is probably ISFP, which affects the character. they seem to want to present her as ISTP, cool, collected, detached, but because the show loves drama, they create more F in their characters. i think ISTPs tend to htink about things a bit more before acting/expressing herself than she does and be less inclinded to other people, so perhaps she's ISFP.

That's what I mean. She kinda had a lot of F-ish moments even though her "persona" was supposed to be ISTP.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
now that i think about Jenny as INFP, it becomes clearer and clearer to me that she is one.

what about the male characters?

i think Mark is ENTP

i have a fuzzier memory of Tim and Angus. Tim is a S of some kind and Angus is a NF, i think.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
now that i think about Jenny as INFP, it becomes clearer and clearer to me that she is one.

what about the male characters?

i think Mark is ENTP

i have a fuzzier memory of Tim and Angus. Tim is a S of some kind and Angus is a NF, i think.

The funny thing about this show is that they make the male characters so forgettable. I doubt that that's accidental.

Mark I thought was ESFJ or ENFJ.

Tim - ISFP

Angus - ESFJ. He was a nanny.

Billie - ENTP or ESTP. This guy was hilarious.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
What about Lisa? The man lesbian.

Ha, that guy might have been the worst male character. I don't think we got to see him enough to type him.

To venture a guess, though, he's definitely F and probably I. The rest is up in the air, though he did seem more Fe than Fi to me. So that leaves IxFJ. What say you?

MBTI Type
INxJ
Definitely Introverted with Fe spewing from his pores. I'd like to think an S is too practical to take on the label of a man lesbian seriously, but who knows. The last letter, your guess is as good as any.