• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
How do you get INFP for Colbert? Not that I disagree, I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

I think it's Colbert's lack of and distrust of Te that makes his persona so hilarious.

He had described himself as being much more reserved outside of the public arena.. also watch his interactions with Stewart.
Both are pretty outrageous but in different ways..

Stewart seems to go for breadth over depth while Colbert goes for depth over breadth.
Stewart is much more reactive than Colbert while Colbert is much more composed.. Stewart bases his humor on 'crazy logic' while Colbert focuses on what Te-dominant hosts seem to do the best.. trying to appeal to the emotions of others and failing miserably.. except Colbert is Fi-dom and succeeds.. :D

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
J-O-N S-T-U-A-R-T A-N-D S-T-E-P-H-E-N C-O-L-B-E-R-T

633317514784490542.jpg

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Colbert owns everything in a rife radius

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I tend to think of Colbert as either an INTP or an ENTP..though I may be wrong..but the NT I know for sure.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Type Colbert? That's completely absurd, since the character is a self-satiring fictional persona used to mock news media. Unless you're referring to the actor (which would also be difficult since he always shows up in character), there is NO type to Colbert. He's as guardian as he is NF as he is NT

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type Colbert? That's completely absurd, since the character is a self-satiring fictional persona used to mock news media. Unless you're referring to the actor (which would also be difficult since he always shows up in character), there is NO type to Colbert. He's as guardian as he is NF as he is NT

I don't think it would be as hard as you think.

His character is clearly an EXTJ. there is DEFINITELY, an absurd, hilarious Te stream to almost EVERY argument he makes, that is often combined with equally absurd demonstrations of Se. I really dont see Fe and Ti. Im not saying youre wrong about his making fun of media in general. However, he clearly seems Te.

who better to lead a crusade against conservatism than an idealist? Who better to be in character every freaking waking moment? my guess would be ENFP. even has tertiary Te to make it easier to stay in character every odd waking moment of the day.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Stewart: A well balanced ENTP or INTP
Colbert: INTJ or INTP

Both have surprisingly good social skills if they are introverts.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cobert a definite ENTP
Stewart I'm not sure of, but he seems like an NT.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm 95% sure on INFP, for the record. Hang out with an INFP friend, then watch a Colbert interview on YouTube, tell me I'm wrong.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Colbert is hard to call, but I was thinking along the lines of....ENTP or ENFP? Stewart comes off as an ENTP. I would like to know!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Cobert is an introvert then what praytell does an extrovert look like? :huh: Cobert's humor is based on puns, word play, and toying with logic like a syllogism on silly putty. He entraps all his guests with his plays on logic to trap them in their own statements. He is the master of that sort of mind game. He jumps between ideas so rapidly that precious few can keep up. That defines Ne-Ti from what I understand of it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If Cobert is an introvert then what praytell does an extrovert look like? :huh: Cobert's humor is based on puns, word play, and toying with logic like a syllogism on silly putty. He entraps all his guests with his plays on logic to trap them in their own statements. He is the master of that sort of mind game. He jumps between ideas so rapidly that precious few can keep up. That defines Ne-Ti from what I understand of it.
I could make a case for Ne-Ti in every ISTJ I meet if I want. Why would I, though?

Colbert's INFP. Confidence doesn't imply extroversion.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Confidence doesn't imply extroversion.

I don't really know enough about Colbert to peg him on type, but I agree with this statement for sure. I think both Leno and Letterman, to name two other television host examples, are also introverts, but they are very confident in their presentations on camera because they have practiced for many, many years of communicating this way.

My best guesses on those two by the way would be ISFJ for Leno and ISTP for Letterman.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm...I tend to think of Leno and Letterman as both extraverts, although I guess I could see them as introverts too now that I think about it. Johnny Carson was definitely an introvert and he was not lacking in confidence at all. (He's also considered arguably the best talk show host ever.)

As for Colbert, the character on the show is basically nothing like Colbert's actual personality. The image he portrayed when he was on The Daily Show and on other things is fairly different than his current character. My best guess is that he's INTP, but it's hard to be sure with him.

celiapleete

MBTI Type
INFP
I think Colbert is an INFP - he has been described as extremely thoughtful, reserved and quiet when he's not playing a character. INFPs tend to be really astute in noticing nuances and are better at expressing themselves through writing, and his career has, for the most part, involved both of these. I'm an INFP, and I find it incredibly easy to express myself in writing - especially satire - but it's nearly impossible to do so in person unless I'm consciously trying to "play a character." INFPs can be confident and outgoing as well - I certainly am! But inside my heart it's a different story. I often wonder if INFPs all have a thread of tragedy in their lives that make us this way.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
Don't know the specific types, but I'd be willing to bet Stewart is an S and Colbert an N.

Stewart looks at what politicians or journalists say, what they've said before, and what they do and instantly spots the hypocrisy. The humor comes from the fact that he is so carefully attuned to reality that it makes everything else look absurd by comparison.

Different with Colbert. There's an absurdity to his routine: he plays a character, he bounces around topics, works in comic books and fantasy, there's more of an overall mocking of the system as a whole (media, government, nationalism...) than a Stewart-esque skewering based on the details. In that way, Stewart is the heir of Jerry Seinfeld while Colbert channels Steve Martin.

P.S. It's kinda fun resurrecting dead threads...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah guys, watch the Today show interview with Colbert. Whatsherface, an intj, does her type's typical infp induced melting job. He has a big mouth, sure, but he's way more subtle than an entp would generally be.