• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jon Stewart can't be ENTP. ENTPs are funny; Jon Stewart is not.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
The post that this responds to is either called "A troll post", or "A hot air opinion post".

We'll go with the second one then, but I'm sorry, John Stewart is just not funny.

People have suggested ENFP and I can agree with that. But there's no way he's xNTP.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
We'll go with the second one then, but I'm sorry, John Stewart is just not funny.

People have suggested ENFP and I can agree with that. But there's no way he's xNTP.

He is "just not funny" to you, but for other people this won't be the case. (the same as with movies, music, food, good looking males/females, etc.)

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
He is "just not funny" to you, but for other people this won't be the case. (the same as with movies, music, food, good looking males/females, etc.)

I assumed it was understood that I was using a bit of hyperbole but that's probably just my tertiary Fe showing. :blush:

How's about we rewrite my statement to "Jon Stewart can't be ENTP; ENTPs make me laugh" and call it even?

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why do we think John is an E? From the stuff I've read about him he seems very I.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

Very funny guys! I love both of their shows.

What do you think their types are?

Jon Stewart-ENTP (without a doubt!)
Stephen Colbert- ENFP (possibly INFP..I remember reading something that described him as somewhat reserved in real life.)
Definitely has an ESTJ persona on his show- which is of course Bill O'Reilly's personality type.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
How do you get INFP for Colbert? Not that I disagree, I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This should be emrged with the older thread.

And, have you ever seen Colbert in a real interview? I could easily believe INFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Colbert is funny. Stewart is a left-wing stooge. Neither he nor apparently his staff has a sense of humor: *show clip of Republican, smirk, say the equivalent of "Uh-huh! This guy is brilliant!, smirk again, proceed to next clip*

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Colbert is funny. Stewart is a left-wing stooge. Neither he nor apparently his staff has a sense of humor: *show clip of Republican, smirk, say the equivalent of "Uh-huh! This guy is brilliant!, smirk again, proceed to next clip*

Yeah, pretty much. Which is sad because Jon used to be very funny. At some point, he just got so into Bush-hating that he forgot he was supposed to be funny. His pitiful meltdown on CNN's Crossfire show really showed his true bitterness.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jon Stewart never decided to represent a certain side of politics, that's just where people put him. He absolutely hates it when people want him to carry a banner. I remember him telling stories in an interview, about how people would come up to him after the show, and say something like "I think you're very funny, and I've always loved the show, but you made a joke about global warming, and that's too serious to joke about. I'm never watching the show again". Jon is obviously flabbergasted at this.

I also recall his recent complaints about not being able to joke about Obama. At one point, he made a joke about him, and the audience responded so negatively, that Jon commented that they were allowed to laugh at Obama.

The most frustrated I remember him being with the audience was when he implied that the Democratic party was as charismatic in this country as Hamas. The crowd booed a little, and as he turned to do the next bit, he said "would you just fucking accept it?!", and then continued.

Anyway, I still think he's very funny, and apparently a good chunk of the country agrees, especially if they're around my age(this isn't a common occurence).

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stewart has Fe - ENTP

and Colbert has the Fi - ?NFP

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no doubting that Colbert is I.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Actually I think he's pretty good friends with John McCain. McCain has been on the show more than any other guest. It's just that Bush is so rediculous that he is an easy target to make fun of. Consequently his audience has shifted to be fairly liberal.