• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

X-Files

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scully- INTJ
Mulder- INFJ
Doggett- ISTP
Skinner- ISTJ
Smoking man- INTJ
Lone Gunmen- INTP (?)

Can't recall any other characters enough to type. Thoughts?

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think Mulder's an INFP. It seems like he's a little too laid back and unorganized to be a J.

KDude

His official position was criminal/psychological profiler, if that helps.

The only major character not listed above is Krychek (sp), but not sure of his type.

God, I loved this show though :)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am seeing the X-Files now one episode per week again since some time (showing them in TV), right from start. The series was really great and I watched it earlier some time, but it is too long ago to remember about what type the other characters were. Wasn't shown in TV for long time (or I didn't see it at least). So I have only an opinion to Mulder and Scully, because the other characters didn't appear yet or only rarely.

I also think that INFP fits better to Mulder, for the reasons Benny mentioned, and he seems more like Fi/Ne to me. But I find it always a bit difficult with TV characters at the end to make a decision.

Scully INTJ might be possible and would be my best bet as well.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'll argue that Scully is ISTJ. She seems very SJ, doesn't she? With the rigid skepticism about the paranormal, strong religious convictions, etc. She's incredibly loyal to people she loves rather than concepts or ideals. I don't really see Ni in her at all.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Scully does behave like an ISTJ. Definitely IxTJ though. Smoking man is a great example of an INTJ in my opinion. If you've ever seen the episode that tells the smoking man's story it's very clear what type he is. I'm not sure about Doggett. I stopped watching when Mulder left. The Lone gunman are probably all INTP's or at least NTP's. As for Krycheck... I'd say ESTP. ISTJ for Skinner makes a lot of sense too.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Mulder and Scully the actors are infj.

The guy who plays Doggett is estj.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Mulder is definitely not a J, and clearly either an INTP or INFP.

Talk about probing. He epitomizes truth and the seeking of it. He has a total NP approach to problem solving; thinking outside of the box, prossessing every possibility, not sleeping until he knows the truth, doing anything to attain the truth, etc etc.

No freaking way is he an INFJ.

Plus, you'd almost have to be a P to be working side by side with Scully all the time :p

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll have to agree with the otherwise strayed children of the P-clan, for once.
Mulder is a total P. Come on, look at his spare room that is full of boxes, unused furniture and general crap.
Now we're talking unhealthy amounts of P, here.
It isn't until his body gets taken over by some other guy a while into the series that his place actually goes squeaky neat.
His messiness is actually a theme theme in the beginning. The parts where the viewers "get to know him".

And the other point, that he is way too "laid back" to be a J... Yeah, that too.
There is no way any INTJ would behave in that manner without drugs, depression or sleep-deprivation.
It's the day i'll die when I see an INTJ move about hazily with a dull and slow expression and slack lips.
NTJs have a more stern outlook, that's why people often ask us if we are angry.
Set jaw, sorta-kinda intense stare, sometimes tensed face in its entirety.
It's got very little to do with the shape of the face and such, it's just a manner of behavior that i've noticed.

I'd call him almost 90-100% P. INTP, probably. They don't care much for appearance, in general, it seems. Posture, clothes, car, home yadayada.
JockTheMotie excepted. ;) We all know you're a huge fashion victim :D

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
So I'm starting to watch this show now lol, I'll report my findings as I progress.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gonna have to agree with the general consensus here. I'm changing my guess for Mulder to INFP.

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've just started on an adventure to watch all 9 seasons ... I'm thinking Scully is an ISTJ and Mulder an INFP. I feel like they're in a constant SJ/NP battle :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Not sure if I replied in this thread and I’m too lazy to look.

Here’s a few.

Mulder- INFJ. No doubt. People who think we are organized are wrong. Holden from Mindhunter is similar to Mulder. They’re all about Ni.
Scully- ISTJ
Skinner- ISTJ
Carl Gerhard Busch (Cigarette Smoking Man)- without a doubt, INTJ.
Alex Krycek- ISTP
Deep Throat- INTJ
Melvin Frohike- INTP