• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Hmm. When I first read [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] 's examples I thought the "bad Te dom" seemed a lot more like Skyler. Thinking back to earlier in the show though, I can remember some times when she did seem more moralistic in her controlling behaviour. My perceptions are probably more influenced by the current season, since that's what's most on my mind now. When was she ever indirect though? When she thought someone was being selfish or doing something wrong, she'd come right out and bitch at them for being selfish or doing something wrong. She was never much of a sneaky manipulator.

She seemed totally indirect and manipulative when she did the "intervention" with Walt about his cancer treatment. In fact, the entire way in which she handled his treatment was pure ENFJ. An ENTJ would've said, "Walt, you're getting the fucking treatment, and here's why: reason 1, reason 2, reason 3." Skyler, on the other hand, tried to do all this manipulative bullshit. Drove me crazy. So indirect. And the whole time she was partaking in, as [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] said of unhealthy Fe doms: "What I feel is best for me is best for you".

She and Walt would never communicate the way they do if they were both TJs.

I've been paying more attention to what she says and does than how she says and does it. Maybe the script was written with a certain type of character in mind and the actress brought a different flavour to it.

And, in all honesty, I'm not just saying this cuz you opened up this avenue: but I've been paying a ton of attention to how she says and does what she says and does. I think that's a crucial element.

I didn't attempt to type Jane. I thought she was Ti dom after watching season 2, but later on there's a clip where she's talking about art that made me wonder about that.

I wouldn't deny the possibility that she's an Fi dom. As you and/or others have stated, characters evolve with the needs of the show. They're not real people (not saying that real people don't evolve, too, though). I think she's pretty certainly a Ji dom, though. Would be a bit tough to change that fact about her...

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She seemed totally indirect and manipulative when she did the "intervention" with Walt about his cancer treatment. In fact, the entire way in which she handled his treatment was pure ENFJ. An ENTJ would've said, "Walt, you're getting the fucking treatment, and here's why: reason 1, reason 2, reason 3." Skyler, on the other hand, tried to do all this manipulative bullshit. Drove me crazy. So indirect. And the whole time she was partaking in, as [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] said of unhealthy Fe doms: "What I feel is best for me is best for you".

She and Walt would never communicate the way they do if they were both TJs.

Yeah Skyler is definitely Fe dominant, she is much more interpersonally oriented, on one of the newer episodes, Walter made a sarcastic remark about Skyler when she was preparing to tell Hank about Walter's "gambling problem", she was going to fake cry to give added effect(Fe) while Walter probably saw this as an emotionally empty act(Fi). She can put on quite a show and knows how to navigate interpersonal situations very well. Not to say a Te dom can't do the same but she has Fe oriented motivations for her actions(communal bonds and loyalties over impersonal objective framework). As for typing Walter Jr. as INTP, I guess that was just my perception, he doesn't seem fully developed enough though, but I guess IP is pretty clear.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Just watched Season 3, Episode 9 - 'Kafkaesque'.

Watching Season 3, Episode 10 - 'Fly'.

T

ThatGirl

Walt ISTJ in ENFP shadow

The rest who cares, dumb show. I got two episodes in.

There is no freaking way walt is an INTJ though.

G

Ginkgo

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

You called for Wong?

Wong-Hong.jpg

Nicodemus

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'll concede about Skyler: incompetent ENFJ it is
([MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]: I'd forgotten about the cancer intervention with the whole family and how she'd set the whole thing up supposedly so people could "express their feelings" but expected a certain result...another example of people's reactions not matching her expectations)

Comments on the season 4 finale: