• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Everybody Loves Raymond

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Thoughts on the MBTI types of the main characters from this show?

Raymond - ISFP
Debra - ESFJ
Marie - ESFJ
Frank - ESTJ
Robert - ISFJ
Amy - ISFJ

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
RE: Frank - agree the ST is clear as daylight.

His former job at an accounting firm, tightness with money, service to the army (and frequent mention of it), strict parenting style, obsession over his 2 son's lack of masculinity association with a men's lodge, low tolerance levels, close mindedness, abrasiveness seem very STJ-like.

He seems too consistently outspoken, loudmouthed, assertive etc. to be an I - IMO an I would try to keep the peace, be more tolerant and keep more of his opinions to himself, only letting them out on occasions.

He also reminds me of my ESTJ father a fair bit - and is probably my dad's favourite sitcom character (either him or Dr Becker).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Frank is ISTP, he's a grumpy old fart that likes spending his day in front of the TV. The rest are pretty much right.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+1, frank is ISTP. Don't need to be an extravert to act like that.

not so sure about ray, I can't say I disagree with ISFP though, definitely IP. I considered that Deb might be an intuitive. And Rob is an ISTJ.

I thought there were more characters than that?

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think the op nailed it. I've wondered about Robert though. ISFJ makes a lot of sense, but he is really quirky and weird. ISFJ's don't usually come across like that.

Frank is NOT an ISTP. He's an ESTJ. I've never met an ISTP who would enjoy sitting in front of a TV all day. ESTJ's on the other hand tend to be very leisurely when there is no job to be done. I think it's pretty clear.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the op nailed it. I've wondered about Robert though. ISFJ makes a lot of sense, but he is really quirky and weird. ISFJ's don't usually come across like that.

Frank is NOT an ISTP. He's an ESTJ. I've never met an ISTP who would enjoy sitting in front of a TV all day. ESTJ's on the other hand tend to be very leisurely when there is no job to be done. I think it's pretty clear.

Frank is NOT an ESTJ. He's an ISTP. I've never met an ESTJ who would enjoy sitting in front of a TV all day. ISTP's on the other hand tend to be very leisurely when there is no job to be done. I think it's pretty clear.

:)

MBTI never mentions quirkiness does it?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Everybody Loves Raymond, but I guess Raymond hates Ns.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what makes you say that he hates Ns?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both Frank and Debra (as well as Patricia Heaton's new character) are ISTJ's. They're just like my parents. He's not an E (pretty much wants to be left alone watching TV), and he's not a P either (seems to like familiar order). His crankiness is reactive, not expressive.
She may seem like an F, because ISTJ women generally retain the "traditional roles of women" they were taught with their dominant Si, and we associate femininity, emotion, and a focus on what's "appropriate" with Fe. Her reactiveness is also not E, but just a younger, more female version of his melancholic crankiness. They're both clearly Chart the Course, and Guardian.

I think Marie is probably the ESTJ. Again, traditional female role appearing Fe-like, and also, people thinking any overbearing personality like that is ESFJ. Clearly an In Charge (not Get Things Going), and also seems to be Guardian.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She may seem like an F, because ISTJ women generally retain the "traditional roles of women" they were taught with their dominant Si, and we associate femininity, emotion, and a focus on what's "appropriate" with Fe. Her reactiveness is also not E, but just a younger, more female version of his melancholic crankiness. They're both clearly Chart the Course, and Guardian.

I think Marie is probably the ESTJ. Again, traditional female role appearing Fe-like, and also, people thinking any overbearing personality like that is ESFJ. Clearly an In Charge (not Get Things Going), and also seems to be Guardian.
If femininity appears F-like, it's because it is F-like, which is the reason women are statistically more likely to be F than average, while men are more likely to be T. You can't abstract it out of the definition of Fe-dom based on the fact she's a woman.

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
The feeling function is about how you make judgments, not how bothered you get when something doesn't go your way or how often you cry when you're upset. It's a judging function. It's like "Gee, I don't want this decision to cause conflict so maybe I should see what's the most utilitarian" or "I'm sorry, but I'm just not comfortable telling this white lie, even if it means getting us out of danger. I'll have to find another solution--this one simply won't do".

Haven't watched the show in years, but I do remember that they were all frequently fighting and doing things at the others' expense to serve a goal of some sort. I don't see any obvious Fe doms, lol. Maybe auxiliaries, but meh. A lot of them look like thinkers with tertiary or inferior Fi to me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I, for one, do not love Raymond.

yeghor

Thoughts on the MBTI types of the main characters from this show?

Raymond - ISFP
Debra - ESFJ
Marie - ESFJ
Frank - ESTJ
Robert - ISFJ
Amy - ISFJ

Old thread.

Raymond - INFP, weasel.
Debra - ISTJ, responsible and traditional.
Marie - ESTP, now in her old ages, she keeps guilt tripping others like an ENFJ.
Frank - ISFJ, now in his old ages, he acts like an INTP, sniping at others' self esteem.
Robert - ISFP, not very sure about him, he is introverted yet gets angry from time to time, but not violent and mellow most of the time.
Amy - ESFJ, caring and traditional.

Frank and Marie's interaction looks a lot like that of Al and Peggy from the Tv Show Married with Children.

I am having trouble with Raymond and Robert. Raymond reminds of a weasel, he keeps trying to weasel his way out of trouble and is not directly confrontational so I thought INFP might fit him.

Robert is like a bull, who might get angry and lash out from time to time yet is not taken over by rage. So, maybe ISFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Irl ray is infp, right?

yeghor

Irl ray is infp, right?

When I compare him to Helena Bonham Carter's usual quirky style, Ray Romano looks like an ISTJ to me, quite orderly, he sometimes looks cold and agitated in his casual photos.

I think Ne represents some kind of weirdness in the brain that also may manifest itself in weird (non-conventional) clothing choices such as Bonham Carter's.

Tim Burton and Salvador Dali also comes to my mind as INFPs but they pour their weirdness mostly into their work, where objects are distorted into surreal versions of themselves.

It is almost as if Ne represents an ability to see or shape the reality thru a distorted lens.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I compare him to Helena Bonham Carter's usual quirky style, Ray Romano looks like an ISTJ to me, quite orderly, he sometimes looks cold and agitated in his casual photos.

I think Ne represents some kind of weirdness in the brain that also may manifest itself in weird (non-conventional) clothing choices such as Bonham Carter's.

Tim Burton and Salvador Dali also comes to my mind as INFPs but they pour their weirdness mostly into their work, where objects are distorted into surreal versions of themselves.

It is almost as if Ne represents an ability to see or shape the reality thru a distorted lens.

i'm familiar with both istj and infp. i think i saw an interview with him and thought he might be infp but i can't recall why.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's on this list too but who the hell knows the validity or who the author is
INFP

Johnny Depp

JohnnyDeppINFP

Kobe Bryant
Zooey Deshanel