• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What celebrities/characters do you relate to most, and what types are they?

Why would I ever emulate celebrities? I suppose if I enjoyed being a sanctimonious hypocrite that yammered on about causes and then engaged in behavior that is totally in opposition to them then celebrities would be my heroes. If we knew half the truth about the behaviors most celebrities engaged in we’d want them swinging from the gallows pole. I’m sure some of them are great people. Most likely it’s the quieter ones that wade through the noise and filth of Hollywood or wherever the in crowd frequents to do what they love. What a price to pay though just because you love to act or play music. No thanks.

Now characters are a different story. I relate to many characters. I won’t bore people with too many selections and many of them are obscure choices.

Just about any character from Northern Exposure as they’re all eccentric and flawed but even the worst of them (debatably Maurice Minnifield) has their moments. I probably relate to the protagonist, Dr. Joel Fleischman or Chris Stevens the most.

Fleischman is the classic fish out of water character, a doctor from New York sent to practice in a strange little town (Cicely) in Alaska that’s filled with bizarre people with strange traditions and outlooks on life. He starts out uptight and smug and looks on the townspeople with contempt. He’s a good guy underneath though and he slowly goes native over the seasons and falls in love with a local bush pilot, Maggie O’Connell.

Chris Stevens is the local DJ at the radio station, an until recently reformed criminal, an artist, and an ordained minister (through an advertisement in Rolling Stone magazine). He is usually waxing philosophical about events unfolding in an episode or on life in general and has a knack for picking up gorgeous women in the wilds. Admittedly I don’t claim to be as deep a thinker and I’ve never had a talent for dating and especially not gorgeous women I just happened to find wandering in the wilderness but I do relate to him on some level.

Unfortunately this great show is very difficult to find to watch. I had to get a dvd box set from Germany (with both German and English options) to get the original soundtrack in tact. I hate when soundtracks are messed with and generic music is inserted where the creators had a very specific mood they were going for. Damn copyright lawyers. Anyway, it’s a distinctly 90’s show that is very unique and worth a watch (skip season 6) if you enjoy quirky comedy with a lot of thought put behind it.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
music1-1_7-23-15-759x500.jpg
FB_Mija_Tour-678x257.jpg

images
41360137_303.jpg

That's all I can think of at the moment

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tyler Durden (Fight Club): ENTP 8w7
Tommy Shelby (Peaky Blinders): ENTJ 8w9
Don Draper (Mad Men): INTJ 3w4
Tom Hardy (Actor): ENTP 8w7 (i think)
Kurt Cobain (Singer): INFP 4w5 (maybe)
Harry Potter (Lord of the Rings lol): ISFP 9w8
David Bowie (Harry Potter and the Order the Phoenix): INFP 4w3
Jon Snow (Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief): ISFP 9w8
Gerard Way (Singer): INFP 4w5
Yennefer of Vengerberg (The Witcher - Netflix) ISTP 8w7
Daenerys Targaryen (The Catcher in the Rye): ENFJ 8w9
Rey (Star Wars): ISFP 1w9
Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty): ENTP 7w8
Margo Roth Spiegelman (Paper Towns): ENFP 7w8
Tyler Joseph (Singer): INFP 4w5
Marlon Brando (Actor): INFP 8w9
Layne Stayley (Singer): ISFP 4w5
Vision (MCU): INFJ 9w1
Rosa Diaz (Brooklyn 99): ISTP 8w9
Trinity (Matrix): ISTP 6w5
Imperator Furiosa (Mad Max): ENTJ 8w9
Daniel Day-Lewis (Actor): INFJ 5w4

I feel like the INFP, ISTP's, ENxP's, 4's, 5's, 9's and some 7w8's are kinda like my shadow or the "what i feel inside vs what i actually am" side of me.

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't relate to characters or real people outside of on a superficial level eheh (ie. very specific things they've said). However, recently, I've realized some of them are close-ish?

Real Life
Descartes: INTP 6w5/5w6 sp/so (I put both because I think 6w5 and many others think 5w6) - Probably most relatable individual on this list by far
David Hume: ENTP 3w2 ?? (mostly his opinion on the self, assuming I'm referencing the correct philosopher)

Fictional:
L (Death note): INTP 5w6 (593) sp/sx
Midori Asakusa (Keep your hands of my Eizouken): ENTP 479 sp/so in some order
Jo(sephine) March (little women): ENFP 7w8 (748?) so/sx [From most recent TV series]
Chidi Anagonye (The Good Place): INxP 6w5 (612) sp/so
Katsuhira Agata (Kiznaiver): IxxP 9w1 sp/so

Honorable Mentions (ie. Those I have been compared to):
Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls): ISFJ 6w5 (639) so/sp
A mixture of Pearl (ISTJ 6w5 (612) so/sp) and Lapis (INFP 4w5/9w8 (496) sp/so) from steven universe
Haruhi Fujouka (Ouran High School Host Club): ISTJ 9w8 (953 or 963?) sp/so
Jinora (Legend of Korra): INFJ 9w1 maybe?
Shiemi Moriyama (Blue Exorcist): ISFJ 9w1 (96?) sp/so (purely because I have social anxiety and I don't go outside ever)
(Jo is also on this list technically)

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Leonard H. (Bones) McCoy

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Christian Bale is one of my favourite actors I’m not the fondest of celebrities though a lot of them are so pompous.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Anne Rice: INFP 4w5

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’ve always related a lot to James Dean, Jeff Buckley, Orlando bloom (again I just relate to Orlando I don’t know why I think I’m similar to him thus I like him) Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando, River Phoenix and I guess Keanu Reeves I actually quite like his roles and movie choices I relate to him as well.

Christian Bale, Viggo Mortensen a little bit, Kurt Cobain, Bruce Lee, John Lennon, Heath Ledger, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Matt Bellamy from Muse.

It makes me sad, a lot of them died young.

Adam Driver, I relate to him a lot. I don’t hopefully want to die young. I guess they didn’t really just accept the script and follow through with it as much as they should have. But then it’s hard being a man in that way often. As far as females, Emma Watson, Grimes (Claire Boucher) Lady Gaga, and...Hayley Williams of Paramore.

There’s this guy as well, I relate to him a lot or we myself in him, his played Jin in the Tekken movie, I just see myself in him for some reason, I guess it’s why agin I’m not big on celebrities.9A6B2A42-4482-462C-9F8C-64D2A276BD47.jpeg
I really like Ga it’s music, I relate to him as well the themes in the video touch and resonate with me quite a bit.

I guess fictional off the top of my head I relate but would like to be more like alameda from Akita for some reason, I just think he has a good way of effectively dealing with the world, he’s more grounded and practical in comparison to Testou which I’m sure the point being made is, he’s good at what he does. 8D136220-712F-411F-97C3-7DAA6E4B1C62.jpeg
I like Jon from Tekken, Megaman and Casshern, since I’ve always had a strange fascination and have struggled with feeling comparable to that of a robot, Batman and all the characters in the comic, Kyle Ren and Rey from Star Wars, the Lord of the Rings main characters (I just love them) other character I can’t think of I guess, I’ve always loved Aladdin, Spike from Cowoboy Bebop, and Vash from Trigun, Fievel
7CE1EDBB-1BD0-4DDF-B572-CCE8953CF289.jpeg5B98E6FE-3E1E-4232-9526-80C586DB9906.jpeg036AD6EA-07C3-48A1-BF77-3F1CD743E821.jpeg

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't relate to any celebrities because I try my best to not be corrupt.

blackSail

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Freddie Mercury: ESFP
Gerard Way: INFP
Jake Peralta: ENFP 7w6

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Real people
Nietzsche- I wouldn't know the type, I've seen him typed as INTJ, INFJ, INTP; INxx for sure. Anyway, reading his writings I was surprised how many of his ideas and considerations sounded similar to my own.
Ernest Hemingway- ESTP? ISTP?
Stephen King- maybe INTJ? I'm really not sure

Fictional characters
Mulan- ISTP? ISFP? More likely ISTP, I think. I think it's the fictional character that I see most of myself in
Eowyn (LOTR)- ISFP
Kyoka Jirou (BNHA)- ISTP, but I've also seen her typed as ISFP
Keith (VLD)- ISFP, but I've seen him typed as ISTP as well
Zuko (ATLA)- I've seen him typed as pretty much every introvert type possible. Personally, I think he's an ISFP

Black Sun

The character Erika from the movie La Pianiste, who I think is an INTJ 5w4 and so last. We have similar parents in that they are invasive and try to suppress our wills. I related to the walls that she built around herself and somewhat to her masochistic ways. I don't relate to her completely but there were enough similarities to the point where the movie holds a lot of personal value.
Amelie (INFP 9w1 sp/sx). Reserved and mischievous and I to like to enjoy the simple pleasures too.
Sometimes I wish I was the Alien from Alien. That thing does what it wants. I do too but I wonder how my life would be if I just steamrolled through things to achieve what I want like that with a lot of force and endless energy. Admirable creature in a way.

Last edited:

skimpit

Real people:
Key from SHINee, an ENTP (I believe)
J-Hope from BTS, an EXFJ
Edgar Allen Poe, an INFJ

Fictional characters:
Bod Owens from The Graveyard Book, an ISTP
Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji), an NT of some sort. Let's go ENTP. Him being an INTJ is a little cliche
Iceland from Hetalia, an INTP
Victoria McQueen from NOS4A2, an ESFP
Tally Youngblood from the Uglies series, an INFJ

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Real people- Stephen King, though he's INTP, most likely.

Fictional- only ever partially, and only under certain circumstances:

April Ludgate from Parks & Recreation, though I'm a bit warmer, probaby. IxFP
Amelie, though I'm loathe to admit this one since it's a bit of a stereotype for INFJs to relate to. INFX
Danerys Targaryen, (pre-crazy) - XNFJ
Danny Torrance from The Shining & Doctor Sleep INFJ
Fox Mulder, The X-Files INFJ

There are probaly others, but there's never been one character or person who I could relate to more than say, 50%. Not because I'm anything special or unique. Certain things just don't always fit, I guess.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fictional Characters
Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender, ExTJ
Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender, INFJ (My friends say I'm a crossover between Sokka and Iroh)
Tyrion from Game of Thrones, ENTP
Mouse from Ladyhawke, ENTP
Tom Haverford from Parks and Rec, ESFP

Real People
Serge Ibaka, ESFP (I think)
Manu Ginobili, ENTP
Salvador Allende, ENFJ
Donald Tusk, ENTP

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fictional
Morgana Pendragon (Merlin) - ENFJ 3w2
Lila Rossi (Miraculous) - ENFJ 3w2
Alejandro (Total Drama) - ENFJ 3w2
Heather (Total Drama) - ENTJ 3w4
Azula (Avatar The Last Airbender) - ENTJ 3w4
Cozy Glow (MLP) - ENFJ 3w2
Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa) - ENTP likely 7w8 (I see people type her ENFP all the time but she seems unhealthy Ne-Fe to me)
Duchess Swan (Ever After High) - ENTJ 3w2
Carla (Elite) - ENTJ 3w2
Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live) - ENFJ 3w2

Huge pattern of ENxJ 3s ahha. Not doing IRL people because there isn't that many I could think of.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Real Characters:
-Omar Ibn Khattab. ExTJ.
-Abū Sulaymān Khalid ibn al-Walid. ENTJ.

Fictional Characters:

-Erwin Smith, from Shingeki No Kyôjin. ENTJ.
-Reinhard von Lohengramm, from The Legend Of The Galactic Heroes. ENTJ.

Most other fictional ENTJ characters are just too arrogant instead of focusing on being useful or do their thing. I did relate to Lelouch and Yagami Light in the past. Maybe I'm more humble now, maybe not. I don't care.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ciel Phantomhive. I always keep going back to Ciel Phantomhive. A lot of other characters aren't as close, or were only initially, and superficially similar.

giphy.gif

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real people
Nietzsche- I wouldn't know the type, I've seen him typed as INTJ, INFJ, INTP; INxx for sure. Anyway, reading his writings I was surprised how many of his ideas and considerations sounded similar to my own.
Ernest Hemingway- ESTP? ISTP?
Stephen King- maybe INTJ? I'm really not sure

Fictional characters
Mulan- ISTP? ISFP? More likely ISTP, I think. I think it's the fictional character that I see most of myself in
Eowyn (LOTR)- ISFP
Kyoka Jirou (BNHA)- ISTP, but I've also seen her typed as ISFP
Keith (VLD)- ISFP, but I've seen him typed as ISTP as well
Zuko (ATLA)- I've seen him typed as pretty much every introvert type possible. Personally, I think he's an ISFP

Mulan's one of the most interesting Disney princesses to me, I think she's a likely ISTP as well.

I think Melanie is an infp, she enjoys ideas and concepts and she also uses her imagination more than experiences. She talked about how writing is like therapy for her. Crybaby is also very fantasy based. Melanie also rambles quite a lot when she is talking in interviews, rather than getting straight to the point. And she said that she felt very misunderstood.

She may very well be INFP but at least half of this is bad reasoning. Se auxes can find therapy in writing (any type can, duh) and take part in fantasy as well. Also, how is being misunderstood not an ISFP thing? :dry:

Haruhi Fujioka(Ouran)-ISTJ 613(or 612) sp/so

Pink Pearl(Steven Universe)-ISFJ 972 so/sp

Blue Pearl(Steven Universe)-ISFP 962 sp/so

Megumi Tadokoro(Food Wars)-INFP 962 sp/so

Zoey(Total Drama)-ISFP 926 so/sp

Sheska(Fullmetal Alchemist)-925 sp/so

Alphonse(Fullmetal Alchemist)-962 so/sp

(I pay little attention to celebrities)

I love this list! (Also, it was interesting to see a full type that seems accurate for an Ouran character.) I do see Sheska and Al in you from what I've seen of you!